Green Seahawks jersey COULD be worn this year

Blue Falcon

Not sure about full-on neon green jerseys, but you know how the Seahawks should add more green? Adopt the Chargers' old numbers, but use the dark blue on the inner outline and the neon green on the outer outline. Right now you have white numbers outlined in dark blue on a slightly lighter dark blue. This would give 'em pop!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad the California Redwoods beat 'em to it.

Cali_auth_jersey.jpg

+1 for the UFL. I'll be damned.

What kills me is that they are the REDwoods. Where is the red??????

amen. and i love this lame-a$$ explanation of the colors:

The inspiration for the ?Premiere? season uniform design comes directly from the UFL shield and its foundation colors which represent ?green grass?, ?blue sky? and silver for innovation,? said Caruso. ?Throughout the uniforms, we used the dimensional ?arc? of the shield on the chest and supporting ?arcs? on the sleeves and pants. The unique font of the numbers reinforces the shield?s classic bold typeface with angles and dimensional treatments conveying depth and motion. The four uniform designs work together in a unified branded system, providing manufacturing efficiencies while allowing each team to retain its own unique and differentiated character.

it does say premiere colors, so maybe that means they can be rebranded with an actual logoset and unique color scheme down the road (once the ufl has overtaken the NFL as the premier football league :P)

Too bad the California Redwoods beat 'em to it.

Cali_auth_jersey.jpg

+1 for the UFL. I'll be damned.

What kills me is that they are the REDwoods. Where is the red??????

redwoods arent red, they are green. their unis kinda make sence from that perspective

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

i understand with that, but this year they didnt do that, next year they hopefully will. but still, trees are green, they have green jerseys.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

LINK

T.J. Houshmandzadeh spent eight years wearing Bengals orange, so he knows a thing or two about facing fluorescent challenges. That could come in handy since it's still possible the Seahawks will wear a bright green alternative jersey at some point. "I haven't really seen a [green] jersey," Houshmandzadeh said, "but if you got style, then you can rock anything. I think I got style, so I'm going to be just fine."

:blink:

Seahawks in Lime Green! HELL YEAH!!!!

spacer.png

Really, it's just a matter of time before the 'Hawks break out the lime greens. I mean look at some other teams like the Bucs, where the fans clammered forever about bringing back the creamsicles before the team caved and made it happen. Same with the lime green unis. It'll happen at some point, I'm sure of it -- unless the NFL puts a veto on it for being too light/neutral or something.

6uXNWAo.png

• 2 weeks later...

It just keeps going....

http://www.kjram.com/pages/seahawks_top_st...article=5913775

An unidentified source from within the organization has told me that the Seahawks are planning on unveiling their neon green jerseys at some point this season.

The source, who spoke under the condition of anonymity, believes that the Hawks are most likely to feature the green jerseys at home versus the Chicago Bears on Sunday September 27th.

2000Patch.jpg

Fanning the flames unnecessarily here, I will note that the Seahawks' lime "Fashion" jerseys have been on clearance in their online pro shop for the past couple of months. From this, one could speculate that they'll be outdated shortly, with a version of the lime jersey with a few tweaks debuting on-field later this season. Just sayin'.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I would love to see the seahawks break out in their neon greens while the bears go with the neon jerseys :blink: ......brightest game of all time. anything is possible

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Why do you dopes still insist that those jerseys are bright, eye piercing, electric, neon, etc.

It's actually more like a pea green. PANTONE posted the color swatches a while ago. I know it's cool to jump on the bandwagon of hating these things, but they are actually pretty damn far from the Orlando Thunder.

Before the next person posts something like "my eyes! the goggles... they do nothing!", actually look at the color that they'll be using first.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why do you dopes still insist that those jerseys are bright, eye piercing, electric, neon, etc.

It's actually more like a pea green. PANTONE posted the color swatches a while ago. I know it's cool to jump on the bandwagon of hating these things, but they are actually pretty damn far from the Orlando Thunder.

Before the next person posts something like "my eyes! the goggles... they do nothing!", actually look at the color that they'll be using first.

i would say its more of a mossy green or a leaf green than a lime or neon/flourecent green. seems to me limes have a darker shade of green than what the seahawks use.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I put this together a couple of years ago - using the Pantone Textile colors:

SeattleSeahawks_PropAUN_TEX.png

IF they go ahead with these uniforms, and IF they use the already existing Textile colors, they'll look close to this (color-wise anyway).

I've seen several fashion jerseys lately where on the road jerseys, the pacific slate blue (or whatever it's called) sleeves and numbers have been replaced by green.

Those, I'm not a fan of. I also see a lot of them, however, meaning no one is buying them.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived