SEAHAWKS GOING GREEN TOMORROW

jlentz823

Is it the brightness/lightness/electicity of the green jerseys that makes all you naysayers hate this look so?

Imma run off on a bit of a dennisbergan note here and say this: it's 2009...the NFL needs something like this, especially in a league so full of drab and, well, "safe" colors. I've long thought the NFL (and pro sports, period) really needs to "lighten up" its collective color palette. Great to see the lone NFL team up in the northwest drop their nuts and trot this look out. Awesome. Simply awesome.

That said, it could use a couple tweaks to elevate this look to something even more special than it already is. First of all, in my opinion, white pants would not work with this set, for this reason: a color that light needs darker-colored pants to really set it off (which was the point of even rolling these jerseys out in the first place). However, it needed to be the Puget Slate pants, not new navy pants--although at a distance, it's kinda hard to tell which blue it is, which actually goes back to my only real issue with the current Seahawks identity: that the two blues in use were too close in hue to begin with. That navy should really be darkened a bit, the Puget Slate just a smidge bit lighter, to better differentiate the two.

And lime socks. Next time they wear these, they need lime socks. (And make no mistake...there will be a next time. That's a cash pot waiting to happen. Shoot...some of my cash might end up in that pot.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit I wish we were getting that game today. That is such a sweet look!

And I wish I didn't have confirmation class...

Convert to Judaism. Yom Kippur is tomorrow, so you'd have to be home and resting by sunset. Presumably watching the game is OK.

But you can't roll on Shabbos then.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My .02...

First, it's a great jersey in theory and in execution because of the uniqueness. I just don't like the way the use the green in the normal sets. It should be also around the number outlines on the normal jerseys. As of now, it's just a thin stripe and the eye of the hawk. Would Buffalo trot out a nickel colored jersey?

Second, besides the trained eyes out here, how many average people actually knew these were different pants? The hawk blue stripes got washed out in the dark pants and it looked like just a thin green stripe. Here's what I'd do...green socks (to accent the jersey and to destroy the leotard), put more green on the white/blue jerseys, and go with an outline on the names or a solid blue name. The other thing that I might (might being the key) try would be to have blue numbers like if they just colored the white jersey green.

Final verdict? It's a gimmick. It might stick, but either way, this color will sell a lot of merch and that's music to the NFL's ears. I can't wait until 2020 and we pull up old threads of "remember about ten years ago when the Seahawks wore a lime green alt"

KISSwall09.jpg

I liked them as an alternate. Obviously, they don't work as regular jerseys, but once or twice a year why not?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I liked them as an alternate. Obviously, they don't work as regular jerseys, but once or twice a year why not?

Same here. They'd be rough to look at 8 times a year, but they're a good change of pace and a completely new look for the NFL. I actually liked the navy pants and navy socks, but I'd like to see them with the white pants too.

Good job, Seattle. Thanks for doing something different.

Bleh I would bust that thing out for maybe 1 game a year.... MAYBE one game a year. How about a decade?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really liked these unis today. A couple things i'd change though.

-White pants instead of blue

-Dark blue-green-dark blue pants, collar, and sleeve trim.

Otherwise, these were pretty nice! let's hope they wear these agin sometime

My only complaint. Wear those bad boys with white pants and we're really on to something. I thought they ruined the jerseys by wearing the blue pants. When I tuned in the game and saw the blue pants it was a major disappointment. It looked awful.

BB52Big.jpg

Untill the Seahawks wrap the logo around the sleeve none of their unis will be perfect.

I'd settle for making the sleeve logo larger than the Reebok vector, as it was at the original unveiling. And besides, there's not really anything for it to wrap around anymore.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived