SEAHAWKS GOING GREEN TOMORROW

jlentz823

why did they use these "new" navy pants. i havent seen them before and would assume that the other blue pants that they usually wear would make the set look more "uniform". without the green jerseys im completely in favor of the pants though. i think they would look good with both the home and away jersey. but in regards to the green...should be the light blue pants or the white ones...thats it. and since the team now has two different blue pants, i believe they should go for two different blue colored socks

Miami.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my opinion on the Seahawks' new unis. I respect that the team tried to be unique, and I like those navy pants, but in general, the whole set could have been executed better. I think, if they even plan on using it in the future (wonder exactly what kind of fan backlash this set is getting) this is one of those combos they may want to save for night games, as the lime jersey just looks too damn bright during the day. Also, they really should have outlined the player names in navy, as they're practically illegible as is. It would also be nice, especially with the new pants, if the team could use a NAVY helmet with this set for a little more color coordination (still don't understand why the NFL has this hang up about teams using alternate helmets, although that's a topic for another post that I'm thinking of making :P ).

As a once-a-year jersey - I love 'em. And like a few posters said before - the NFL could use a different color infused into the host of drab navy/black/red unis that dominate the league (not that there's anything wrong with that).

My only complaint is this: I want one of these jerseys. Badly. One would think that when a new uniform debuts on the field, it might be a good idea to release replica/replithentic/authentic versions to the public.

Alas, I googled this jersey, and could not find a single one for sale on the interwebs.

Way to fumble the pigskin, Seahawks/NFL Shop.

Whipped this up with Photoshop. Eliminated the navy, used white pants. Didn't make the sleeves white for the alt., but I'll get that done with the home uni soon. Kind of what this alt. would look like if I had my way (as is my wish for the Seahawks in general):

3963759997_eb4bc77929_o.jpg.

I hope you don't mind that I revised the pic to include brighter white pants. I love this look and seeing this shows how great the set could have been with the simple use of white pants.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

Whipped this up with Photoshop. Eliminated the navy, used white pants. Didn't make the sleeves white for the alt., but I'll get that done with the home uni soon. Kind of what this alt. would look like if I had my way (as is my wish for the Seahawks in general):

3963759997_eb4bc77929_o.jpg.

I hope you don't mind that I revised the pic to include brighter white pants. I love this look and seeing this shows how great the set could have been with the simple use of white pants.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

No, no, I don't mind; I only had a few minutes to do it. I hope that the 'Hawks don't buckle to pressure and trash these; just try 'em with white pants at a home night game (if there are any). They can do it with their blues, too. Heck, just make the home sleeves white (or even green) and they'd look better than that near-black navy.

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

That would have looked great.

Am I the only one who's stuck on the how that ball got to where it is in this picture???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

That would have looked great.

Am I the only one who's stuck on the how that ball got to where it is in this picture???

Kyle Boller threw it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In my opinion no uniform combo with 3 different colors (not counting black or white) for the helmet, jersey, and pants will ever look good. Try to think of an example to the contrary. That's the main problem with this Seattle set. The neon is pretty bad but it would be much better if one of the three colors was eliminated. If they are so stuck on using neon, maybe something like this would be better. Check out this quick and dirty picture of Wallace...

seahawksneon.png

I think this looks better than the tri-tone set, but I'd still prefer them to go back to silver blue and green :) Any word if they're going to use the darker pants with the lighter green jersey?

In my opinion no uniform combo with 3 different colors (not counting black or white) for the helmet, jersey, and pants will ever look good. Try to think of an example to the contrary. That's the main problem with this Seattle set.

I would generally agree with that but it's also a skewed philosophy since all teams use white and most all teams that don't use black have only 2 main, strong colors. I would consider the Seahawks to be a two color team with blue and green. Yes they have two blues but they are very similar (not dark and light like the Chargers or Titans).

So, I'd put their dark blue and light green in the Rams (dark blue and gold) or Texans (dark blue and red) or Broncos (dark blue and orange) category. Each has a set that looks good with the helmet, jersey, and pants different colors.

you can buy them online at the seahawks website

I'm an idiot.

Only replicas though. They look really dark on the website, but you can tell they are photoshopped. If you get one, any chance you could post some images, so I can see how accurate the color looks? I am guessing the replithentics, if they make them, would have a more vibrant color, based on the fabrics they use. I am hoping they release authentics soon. This may have jumped a new Lions jersey on my want list. (and I haven't bought a new jersey in over a year, so I think I can justify spending money on one.)

Also, BigDub, your version looks great.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I went to the Seahawks Pro Shop at Quest Field to check out the uniforms in person. They are certainly bright green- they have a very nice saturation to them. I personally like them. I asked the store if they had statistics of the sales of the uniforms. They told me on an average game day- The team store sells around 150 regular home jersey's. Last Sunday, the team store sold 650+ jersey's.

Obviously the spike has a lot to do that it's a new jersey. But still interesting nonetheless.

Actually, the navy pants should probably become their regular home pants (assuming the get some sadness-blue socks to go with it)... that way they could lose the mono look of the current my-dog-died-blue from head to toe.

My thoughts EXACTLY. When I saw the navy pants it made me think of how great of a look they would be paired up against the lighter blue regular jerseys. Thats the look I beleive they should have gone with from the beginning to help avoid that scuba gear look.

Hopefully they'll wise up and go with that one day.

Archived