NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

Dallas Texans vs. Dallas Cowboys

Oh boy, people will not be amused...

the Cowboys arnt playing the Broncos this week?

Hmmm posting without closely reading a whole thread.

OSF was commenting on the news that the Chiefs would be playing the Cowboys in week 5, as pointed out by Durty Curty. :wacko:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Dallas Texans vs. Dallas Cowboys

Oh boy, people will not be amused...

the Cowboys arnt playing the Broncos this week?

Hmmm posting without closely reading a whole thread.

OSF was commenting on the news that the Chiefs would be playing the Cowboys in week 5, as pointed out by Durty Curty. :wacko:

i see it now. my bad

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Denver Post said the Broncos will be wearing their orange alternates today.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The pink wristbands, gloves, etc. teams are wearing for Breast Cancer awareness really threw me off. I was watching The Bears and Lions and some coaches on the Bears sideline had on hats with pink brims. I thought my TV was out of whack for a minute. I gotta give props to NFL players taking the field with pink as a part of their uniforms.

BB52Big.jpg

As most of you know, I'm an usher at Lincoln Financial Field. They traditionally have us wear pink Eagles caps during all October home games. We'll see next week if this trend continues.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A small thing in the Bears game today. They are wearing orange captains patches with their normal navy home jerseys. I don't know why they are doing this, but the navy patches definately look better (not that they look good in the first place.)

EDIT: I just saw a closer view and the patch is actually pink as part of the breast cancer awareness day.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The pink wristbands, gloves, etc. teams are wearing for Breast Cancer awareness really threw me off. I was watching The Bears and Lions and some coaches on the Bears sideline had on hats with pink brims. I thought my TV was out of whack for a minute. I gotta give props to NFL players taking the field with pink as a part of their uniforms.

Agreed.

The shade of pink could be lighter though. I'm watching the Patriots-Ravens game and every time I see the pink on the Pats I think it's a washed out red. I'm not watching it in HD though, so it's probably just me.

Agreed.

The shade of pink could be lighter though. I'm watching the Patriots-Ravens game and every time I see the pink on the Pats I think it's a washed out red. I'm not watching it in HD though, so it's probably just me.

Its WAY too electric and "hot" of a pink. In the MLB, they use a much toned down pink for the bats and such, and it looks much better. I really like the idea of the pink, but the NFL needs to lighten up the pink

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Thank Clinton Portis for the lack of striped socks on the Redskins. Him and all The "U" players don't like the striped sock look. Kellen Winslow was a big reason why the Browns did'nt wear the striped socks and now look that he is gone they wear it with their Brown pants and look how much better it looks. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed eliminated the Ravens striped socks to go with just black and it looks horrible with their black pants. Maybe it's not as much of a hate for the striped socka as it is a love of the leotard look. Ask Andre Johnson another U product if I am correct who ushered in the change to Blue socks with the Texans blue pants last year. When the team has the Red socks that go so nice with the Blue pants White jerseys with Red numbers. Then they wear Red socks with the all Red uniform instead of at least breaking it up with theBlue socks that they do have and would look miles better. Anybody else getting what I'm saying here?

On TV, the captain patches looked like a lighter shade of pink than the pink on the gloves, cleats, etc. But I'm having a hard time finding stills where they don't just look red.

600xPopupGallery.jpg

BTW- The 50 year patch on the Raiders looks great on their uniform. The Jets' patch looks great in action as well.

Archived