United Football League

njmeadowlanders

I realize this league is looking to start small with low expectations and build up, but I just flipped on the game, and the crowd size can't possibly bode well for this endeavor. I think the Posse might have drawn better for their first game.

Arguably worse than the turnout, though: Sideline Reporter Kordell Stewart.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of the announcers, one sound like he's trying to do an impersonation of Howard Cosell.

That's Dave Sims. TV voice of the Mariners and the Westwood One lead announcer for the NFL.

Anita Marks may have played women's football and have a sports radio career, but she is like all sideline reporters (except for when Armen Keteyian worked)... terrible.

I was shocked to flip by versus and see the UFL actually playing a game. I never thought it would happen(next up AAFL and new USFL?). My biggest beef so far after 10 minutes of watching and checking out their website, all 4 teams have the same colors and basically the same uniform designs as well. Reminds me of the early NBDL, but at least each team had it's own colors...

Unless the NFL up and decides to buy this league and go AAA baseball on it, I see another name on the failed football leagues memorial...

On a side note..... J.P. Losman, lol I remember him!

I'm putting this here because I can't think of anywhere else to put it...but this must be a basic cable record. There is a professional game on Versus, a college game on ESPN, and a high school game on ESPN2. I'm sure this has happened all the time on digital or satellite cable, but this has gotta be the first time it's happened for us cheapos. :P

The guy who scored the first TD in UFL history: "I hope someday that I'll be the answer to a question on Jeopardy."

The silver jerseys are way too light. It's really tough to tell the teams apart (at first glance) on my non-hd tv, especially since while the one team has light blue pants, the other has light blue socks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Man, the stadium looks so empty. I dunno about this league. The commentary is mediocre, & Kordell Stewart as a sideline reporter :therock:

Las Vegas is #1 in the nation in foreclosures and they have a 13% unemployment rate. Now, the league knew these items when they named cities in December of 2008.

BYU is also there on Saturday to play UNLV. Even though it is off campus, it is better to have the field for UNLV than the UFL. These UFL games are just a grab to get parking and beer revenue.

The game is streaming live on the UFL web site, but it's really choppy for me and looks like hell. And yeah, I can't tell the difference between the two teams either.

The UFL is no XFL.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Anita Marks may have played women's football and have a sports radio career, but she is like all sideline reporters (except for when Armen Keteyian worked)... terrible.

Anita Marks is a sideline reporter? No surprise she was awful. Her radio show her in Baltimore is terrible. Did she mention how great the city of Miami is?

This game is certainly more watchable than Nebraska v. Missouri. However, that's not saying very much.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Peeeeyeww! This, like most of Gary's profile pics, has train wreck written all over it. Where are the Vultures? The Tribe? The Orcas?

Our UFL > Their UFL

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Yes, I got a glimpse of it and noticed the sheer emptyness of the stadium. I do think, all things considered, that good things will start from here. It isn't like they didn't see this turnout coming, being in a startup league during a recession when other non-NFL pro football leagues seem to be going belly up left and right (AFL). We'll have to see how this "Premiere Season" turns out, then if and when the 2010 season happens, how it is executed.

How is Graham Gano not in the NFL?????

He's the Locos kicker, nailed a 53-yarder in the game. He also won the Lou Groza award at FSU. He was actually like, a legitimate draft prospect IIRC. What the hell? Hes great

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Peeeeyeww! This, like most of Gary's profile pics, has train wreck written all over it. Where are the Vultures? The Tribe? The Orcas?

Our UFL > Their UFL

Ahahahaha! You forgot in our first year here our commissioner destroyed the league before the playoffs! Sooooo, yeah.

I was going to say -- Where's Andy Petco pulling the plug on the league after he got banned and missed the playoffs?

philly.png

Our UFL > Their UFL

Ahahahaha! You forgot in our first year here our commissioner destroyed the league before the playoffs! Sooooo, yeah.

I was going to say -- Where's Andy Petco pulling the plug on the league after he got banned and missed the playoffs?

I'm saying this honestly, our UFL's collective logo package if applied to real life would make a damn pretty professional football league. It's at least better than the real UFL's logo. See for yourself: Pimping my own league's awesomeness.

Go Vultures!

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived