NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why they have a team. Not sure why they have the All-Star Game. Not sure why the league even has an All-Star Game. Nobody cares.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not sure why they have a team. Not sure why they have the All-Star Game. Not sure why the league even has an All-Star Game. Nobody cares.

Great post.

I was 9 years old when the Whalers moved to NC, and although I'm from Raleigh, I went to numerous games with my parents, who are Alabama natives, during the first two seasons in Greensboro. Now with the team in Raleigh, I regularly attend numerous games each season. I'm a southerner, but that one fact does not prevent me from enjoying and loving a historically and traditionally northern sport. The Raleigh area is one of the best places to live in the country with a citizenry of intelligent and cultured individuals from not only NC, but also other parts of the south and more recently, the north. Also, this area has many people from other countries from around the world.

Ignorant posts like the one above do nothing but perpetuate an untrue and negative stereotype of the Raleigh and southern community in not being a "good-enough" place to be home to a NHL franchise. That being said, I'm not thrilled with the logo, but it's not terrible by any means.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Wow, I am surprised at the lack of black. In fact, for once, I think this logo could use more black.

A simple fix:

ASG2011.png

See, I think this is too much black. The puck gets lost in the black background. I'd be more for replacing the lighter shade of red with black or something a little more subtle.

Besides having the city name on the logo and the extremely vague silhouette logo shape of the Hurricanes' logo, how the hell does this logo say Raleigh, Carolina, or Hurricanes?

The two shades of red don't work and it's nondescript as hell.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ignorant posts like the one above do nothing but perpetuate an untrue and negative stereotype of the Raleigh and southern community in not being a "good-enough" place to be home to a NHL franchise.

*shrug*

Anyway it's a pretty bad logo. Too busy, too muddled. NHL All-Star Game logos are rarely any damn good; another reason why the NHL really ought to stop contesting All-Star Games and just do skills competitions before the Winter Classic.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the skills challenge is actually a lot more exciting then the all star game itself in ANY sport.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Great logo. The Clemente Bridge artwork also reminds me of the truss on the outside of the Igloo, though I'm sure that wasn't intended.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

If that's the case, then I approve. That's probably my favorite of their old jerseys - I even like the out-of-place round and shadowed numbers , when normally I'd be all against them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Whoever does these WC logos does a great job every year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived