XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

Kipper doesn't make that blunder this game is not 6-1 and it's headed to OT as we speak but I don't like the Fins had no push back, they just got ran out of the building after that goal.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kipper doesn't make that blunder this game is not 6-1 and it's headed to OT as we speak but I don't like the Fins had no push back, they just got ran out of the building after that goal.

As I stated earlier, the Fins were flying and that blunder turned the game on their head, but we shouldn't pretend we can predict what would have happened. Fact of the matter is the US completely dominated the Fins for the next 8 minutes, controlled the game for the following 30, and just toyed with them for the final 20.

That blunder opened the floodgates. I think it's a little hard to say so matter of factly that the result would have been that much different, though.

I'm terrified of Slovakia. They have nothing to lose nobody expected them to be in the Semi-Final and Halak has proven that he can get the job done.

This will be just like the US/Canada game, which ever goalie makes that one crucial mistake will be the one that loses this game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Canada will definitely beat the Slovaks tonight, but it will be close. Luongo - god willing - will be between the pipes and he's very steady.

However, Slovakia has, as a previous poster said, absolutely nothing to lose. No one, even themselves probably, expected to see them come this far. Halak has been a rock between the pipes for them, and Chara's been great too, but otherwise their defense has been spotty - at best - so I think Canada will beat them. My only worries are that Halak has the game of his life and that Pavol Demitra will show off some things he may have found out in Canuck practices with Luongo. It happened with Marleau, Heatley, Boyle, and Thornton against Nabokov.

It might be very close, but a Canadian win will most likely happen.

So, have you been borrowing Tnak's crystal ball?

There was just under 58 minutes to go in the game when USA scored on Kiprusoff's error. If Kiprusoff does not make a mistake like that, who the hell knows how the game will play out. Instead, we have the CCSLC run-on sentence king proclaim that the game would be in overtime.

Stop letting your loyalty to Flames blind you to reality.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow, Cheryl Bernard misses the Gold-winner in the 10th end and allows Sweden to get to the extra end where Sweden forces Bernard to make the perfect shot, but she misses.

Sweden wins women's curling Gold

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Still no respect for this US team? Cant say Im surprised, the usual Canadian arrogance. Worry about your game tonight, champs.

Where did that come from? It seems the only people who considered the Americans "underdogs" were the Americans. I don't recall any Canadian on here badmouthing the US team.

EDIT- 2-0 Canada. It doesn't look like we have to worry about much, champ.

Why isn't basketball at the winter olympics?

Uhm, it's a summer sport... it's not played on ice or snow...

Except it kind of is a kind of a winter sport. It's played inside for a reason, it was created as an indoor alternative for the YMCA during the winter months. Also consider tha the NBA season runs parallel to the NHL season.

Archived