Three NHL Seasons of the RBK Edge Uniform System

Morgan33

Let's tackle the small things first. Any team with TV numbers/apron strings/trim that go nowhere/single line shoulder yokes/curved hemmed/stripes that should be straight that aren't/the 'C' and 'A' on the right instead of left/stupid socks/word marks instead of logo, need to go. Certain teams also need to put the uniform back into their uniforms. No more 3 different jerseys with 3 completely different logos. Yes, Minnesota, I'm looking at you. The Wild have one of the best logos in the league, yet it is wasted. On their alt, fine. But, on their home, they need to get it back to full size. It's probably time to get rid of the red, too.

I know fans love the retro look, but the Oilers and Islanders need to get back to their previous set before Edge. The Islanders huge hem stripes look really bad with the curved hem. The Flames also need to go back to their old look, sans shoulder crest. And, if they really want to celebrate the fact they are a proud Canadian and Albertan team, then do what the Flyers do, put a sticker on the helmet instead.

The Kings need the hem stripes back without Los Angeles. I think they should have a purple alt and not just a carbon copy of their current set. Speaking of hem stripes, Winnipeg...um...I mean Phoenix needs the hem stripes back, but I guess it's really pointless now.

Dallas, as many people have said, should have copied their former farm team the Iowa Stars' look. The green needs to come back. No mattter what Brendan Morrow may say, the other players in the NHL aren't shaking in their skates because they're walking out in black.

If Nashville, Colorado, St. Louis and Florida just got rid of their apron stripes, they would be fine. Nashville needs to forget about getting rid of their unique colours. Florida's 3rd should have been red or at least have some red. Colorado needs a redo on their alt. The other thing about St. Louis is they need to make their shoulder yoke smaller.

Ottawa needs a new look. There's nothing I like about their jerseys from the template to the font. If they could somehow bring back their previous 3rd jerseys as their full time uniforms (peace tower shoulder logo included), it would look pretty good. Their 3rd, suffice to say, needs to be buried. The design itself wasn't bad, but the SENS word mark marred it. Tampa Bay also needs a new look. They should take their 3rd and turn it into their full time. Slap on a proper logo and remove the useless trim and BAM! you've got one good look jersey. The Penguins were the only team out of the 3 with the same template that looked decent. But, returning to their previous look wouldn't be a bad move either. At least take off the weird looking pattern on the pants.

The Canucks, all I need to say is: Johnny Canuck. Or, anything but the birthing orca. And, how about a green third, just to see how it would look. But, no flying v.

Detroit, Chicago, Montreal: you guys stay classy.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen anyone wear any "Anaheim Ducks" merchandise in Canada. By contrast the original uniforms were extremely popular here and not just with ten year olds. Thats not to say that they didn't need some kind upgrade to keep up with the times, but they werent minor league.

Really? Some wierd guy in my school has worn a Ducks jersey before, also a Sharks jersey. I've also seen 2 guys in the Halifax area with them.

There was a kid at my high school who wore a green Anaheim Mighty Ducks starter jacket to school every day, well into spring, and not just in 2003 when the Ducks were in the finals. Never took it off. So one day during that playoff run, I went up and asked him "so, ah, you're a big Ducks fan, huh?" and he just looked at me and said "big what?" With all due respect to Still Mighty, to whom I've been unfairly mean, this one incident has stuck with me and I will forever prejudge Ducks fans as being mildly odd.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

02) Calgary Flames

Everytime I read a list of "Worst Hockey Jerseys" im surprised this set never makes it. If the five different striping patterns and the intersecting horizontal & verticle stripes on the hem weren't bad enough, the Blue Alberta patch has to bring this to "Wildwing" status. What Flames jersey ever had Blue on it? Your not Canada's or Alberta's team either, bad design Flames.

Thoughts?

In my view, the Flames are Alberta's and Canada's most important team, so the flags are appropriate. The execution of the flags, however, is poor. The proportions of the flags on the Flames jerseys are off: The red sides of the Canadian flag are too thin, and the sheild of the Alberta flag is too large. And why would a designer suggest that a white outline be used for one flag but not another?

I would welcome the use of the Alberta crest (sans blue background) on one shoulder. My favourite feature of the flags was the whining from Oiler fans, so I think the Flames should keep this feature.

I would welcome a return to the 2003-2007 black C jersey, with the thrown back reds used this past year.

What?

Canada's most important team? I'm sure the Canadiens and Maple Leafs with their almost 200 years of history and 37 Stanley Cups between them would beg to differ. And what about Ottawa? They play in the national capital.

And Alberta's most important team? Yeah the Oilers and their five Cups say hi.

I said in MY view. I don't care what Habs, Leafs, Sens, Oilers or Cannots fans think.

In MY view, you're on crack.

Trust me when I say there are people like this ALL over Calgary, big reason why I dont cheer for the Flames

Being a Cannots fan is a big reason why you should move out of Calgary.

Thank you for proving my point

These were perfection. If you had asked me in 2006/07 who had the best jerseys I would have answered the Flames hands down. In the switch to Reebok they managed to ruin everything good about these.

130.jpg

I used to own one of those. They were beautiful.

These were perfection. If you had asked me in 2006/07 who had the best jerseys I would have answered the Flames hands down. In the switch to Reebok they managed to ruin everything good about these.

130.jpg

I used to own one of those. They were beautiful.

Should've just edgeified those sets. Best selling jersey in the NHL during the 03-04 season through the lockout I believe.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

But he wasn't a Duck fan.

I prefer to believe that he was and hadn't fully come to terms with it enough to say it out loud. I never said my reasons were good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

02) Calgary Flames

Everytime I read a list of "Worst Hockey Jerseys" im surprised this set never makes it. If the five different striping patterns and the intersecting horizontal & verticle stripes on the hem weren't bad enough, the Blue Alberta patch has to bring this to "Wildwing" status. What Flames jersey ever had Blue on it? Your not Canada's or Alberta's team either, bad design Flames.

Thoughts?

In my view, the Flames are Alberta's and Canada's most important team, so the flags are appropriate. The execution of the flags, however, is poor. The proportions of the flags on the Flames jerseys are off: The red sides of the Canadian flag are too thin, and the sheild of the Alberta flag is too large. And why would a designer suggest that a white outline be used for one flag but not another?

I would welcome the use of the Alberta crest (sans blue background) on one shoulder. My favourite feature of the flags was the whining from Oiler fans, so I think the Flames should keep this feature.

I would welcome a return to the 2003-2007 black C jersey, with the thrown back reds used this past year.

What?

Canada's most important team? I'm sure the Canadiens and Maple Leafs with their almost 200 years of history and 37 Stanley Cups between them would beg to differ. And what about Ottawa? They play in the national capital.

And Alberta's most important team? Yeah the Oilers and their five Cups say hi.

I said in MY view. I don't care what Habs, Leafs, Sens, Oilers or Cannots fans think.

In MY view, you're on crack.

Trust me when I say there are people like this ALL over Calgary, big reason why I dont cheer for the Flames

Being a Cannots fan is a big reason why you should move out of Calgary.

Thank you for proving my point

Which point did I prove exactly? That being a Cannots fan in Calgary is similar to being a Cowboys fan in N.Y.C., D.C. or Philly?

No, the point is that you are an absurd team partisan from a redneck province who thinks that one Cup in 30 seasons makes your team the most important in its country, when there's another team in same said province which has been 5 times as successful in the same timespan, and that's before you even start considering franchises east of Manitoba which might be more important, successful, or relevant that the team that was almost the next Sun Belt relocation/reclamation project 12 years ago.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No, the point is that you are an absurd team partisan from a redneck province who thinks that one Cup in 30 seasons makes your team the most important in its country, when there's another team in same said province which has been 5 times as successful in the same timespan, and that's before you even start considering franchises east of Manitoba which might be more important, successful, or relevant that the team that was almost the next Sun Belt relocation/reclamation project 12 years ago.

I take it that making an off-the-cuff comment about my favourite team being the most important is something that no other fan would ever dare to do?

I take it that making an off-the-cuff comment about my favourite team being the most important is something that no other fan would ever dare to do?

Hell, I woulnd't say my favourite team, the Leafs, are the most important in Canada. They don't have the history or the Cups that the Canadiens do. You can be an enthusiastic fan, but you can't make dillusional claims.

Here's how you fix the uniform problem in the league: Get rid of the Wild's home jersey. All you need to do.

And I think it's safe to assume on here that unless a jersey has some sort of 1990's diagonal pattern going down the front of the jersey or happens to be Red Wings jersey, it's absolutely terrible. Every jersey should look like it's from 1986.

mav23.gif

Pretty much. Even STL Fanatic hasn't said that the Blues are the most important team in the US... and he's as bat sh t crazy as a homer can be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You can be an enthusiastic fan, but you can't make dillusional claims.

Why not?! Is there some Sports Fan Constitution that I unknowingly violated?

My favourite aspect of the flags on the Flames jerseys is how upset fans of the Oilers and the other Canadian teams get over them. I am also enjoying Morgo's tears as he shares his sense of injustice because he lives in the city that is a divisional/geographical rival of his favourite team, and how he suffers because Flames fans won't cheer for his Cannots when Calgary didn't even make the playoffs... :cry:

The Calgary Flames are the most important professional sports team in the entire world. Correction, the Calgary Flames are actually the most important THING in our universe since the beginning of time. However, the Flames do need to go back to their original jersey design for both home and away, and use the 2003-2007 red jersey with the black C as their 3rd.

Depends, is the fan in question under or over the age of 7?

I will agree with this line of reasoning, to a certain extent.

I will concede that the five most important "things" ever to happen in the history of our world are (in no specific order): invention of gun powder, discovery of electricity, moon landing, assassination of Julius Ceasar, founding of the Calgary Flames.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One of the dumbest things I've heard.

By this logic, because in MY view, the Oilers are the most important team in the province and the country, that they should have the flags on their shoulders. Then by a Canucks fan's view, THEY are the most important team, so they'll have the flags too.

Every damn team in every sport will have the flags because in THEIR view, they're the most important team.

Does it sound stupid to you yet?

You can be an enthusiastic fan, but you can't make dillusional claims.

Why not?! Is there some Sports Fan Constitution that I unknowingly violated?

My favourite aspect of the flags on the Flames jerseys is how upset fans of the Oilers and the other Canadian teams get over them. I am also enjoying Morgo's tears as he shares his sense of injustice because he lives in the city that is a divisional/geographical rival of his favourite team, and how he suffers because Flames fans won't cheer for his Cannots when Calgary didn't even make the playoffs... :cry:

The Calgary Flames are the most important professional sports team in the entire world. Correction, the Calgary Flames are actually the most important THING in our universe since the beginning of time. However, the Flames do need to go back to their original jersey design for both home and away, and use the 2003-2007 red jersey with the black C as their 3rd.

That is the dumbest reason for liking the Flags I've heard.

I could come up with a retort about how Flames fans are classless and ignorent but once again you've proved it for me single handedly. I didnt start this thread to argue about the Canucks (sorry Cannots, real clever by the way) I started it to discuss Hockey Uniforms. If you read the thread you would see that I agree with your opinion on the 2003-07 jerseys wholeheartedly so I dont know why your bringing up the whole "Flames are better then the Canucks" thing when both teams are out of the playoffs. They both sucked this year (one considerably more then other), who cares?

Archived