2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got to admit, I'd be kind of curious to see how the "big three" Heat would fair -- I can see it being a complete disaster. They have two guys under contract as it currently stands -- Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley. They'd have to trade Michael Beasley to make it work. One, or all, of them would have to leave money on the table and settle for less than a max contract just to fit under the cap. They'd have to fill the remainder of their roster (about ten or so spots) with guys signing for the league minimum. I want to see this happen.

Riley would have to convince some guys to take major pay cuts. Just think, if even Darko is getting $4-or-5 mill a year, what kind of talent out there is available for the League minimum?

IUe6Hvh.png

The Heat are playing a dangerous game. They are really gambling here...if they don't get at least two players that are deserving of a max deal, it's gonna be something bad to look at in Miami this year. They better hope they keep Wade and get Wade some help.

The Heat are playing a dangerous game. They are really gambling here...if they don't get at least two players that are deserving of a max deal, it's gonna be something bad to look at in Miami this year. They better hope they keep Wade and get Wade some help.

I think Wade will stay for sure. I think if Lebron stays in Cleveland, the Heat definitely get either Bosh or Amare. If Lebron goes elsewhere, I think either Amare or Bosh follow him and there's a lot of places for the other one to end up. I think Dirk resigning with the Mavericks is just about a certainty. I don't have a clue where Lebron ends up. I'm leaning towards thinking he'll sign somewhere other than Cleveland, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

My 2 cents: LeBron signs a 3 year deal in Cleveland and then heads off to Brooklyn in 2013 when he still hasn't won a championship with the Cavs.

Neither team in their current state will have a shot in winning a title within three seasons. With your contract thoughts, that makes little sense. CLE should just make the max sign and trade due to what? There is no point in signing a contract within the current CBA for so little money and years when you can guarantee yourself more years and much more cash. See Richard Jefferson.

My 2 cents: LeBron signs a 3 year deal in Cleveland and then heads off to Brooklyn in 2013 when he still hasn't won a championship with the Cavs.

Neither team in their current state will have a shot in winning a title within three seasons. With your contract thoughts, that makes little sense. CLE should just make the max sign and trade due to what? There is no point in signing a contract within the current CBA for so little money and years when you can guarantee yourself more years and much more cash. See Richard Jefferson.

Plus, this is going to be the last season before an expected lockout and what could be some staggering changes in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The landscape could be completely different in 3 years, and salaries could be drastically lessened.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Plus, this is going to be the last season before an expected lockout and what could be some staggering changes in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The landscape could be completely different in 3 years, and salaries could be drastically lessened.

Yeah, with this in mind, if Carmelo Anthony doesn't sign an extension with the Nuggets it will almost certainly mean he wants to play elsewhere as he will more than likely be leaving a lot of money on the table. He'll probably be gone by the trade deadline should he decline to sign the extension.

IUe6Hvh.png

Phoenix finds Stoudemire's replacment and have reached an agreement with Hakim Warrick.

Is it really a "replacement" if the new guy is nowhere as good as the old guy? I say this as a Warrick fan too. He's a good player, but not a max money player (not that Amare should be, by the way).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Phoenix finds Stoudemire's replacment and have reached an agreement with Hakim Warrick.

Is it really a "replacement" if the new guy is nowhere as good as the old guy? I say this as a Warrick fan too. He's a good player, but not a max money player (not that Amare should be, by the way).

I was actually kinda impressed by Warrick's play last year as a Bull. He filled Tyrus Thomas' role as the obnoxious guy who tries to fly on order to get a dunk on ESPN. But he actually played smart, went up for a dunk when he could. However, he's certainly no Amar'e

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Paul Pierce remains a Celtic, agrees to a 4-year deal with Boston.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/paul-pierce-reaches-deal-to-stay-in-boston.php

Saw that coming a mile away. No way he was leaving Boston.

I guess this assures one day his number will be hanging in the rafters in Boston now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Paul Pierce remains a Celtic, agrees to a 4-year deal with Boston.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/paul-pierce-reaches-deal-to-stay-in-boston.php

Saw that coming a mile away. No way he was leaving Boston.

I guess this assures one day his number will be hanging in the rafters in Boston now.

When it comes to retiring numbers, the Celtics aren't exactly choosy. #34 being in the rafters is a no-brainer. Hell, let Garnett stick around for another year or two, and #5 will be up there as well.

6uXNWAo.png

Dwayne Wade will be meeting for a second time with the Bulls.

Hmmm.... Maybe Wade staying in Miami isn't a total lock afterall....

Or maybe he's a diabolical genius and is just trying to waste EVEN MORE of the Bulls time. Time they could be spending on free agents that might be interested.

Meeting over.

Wade is leaning toward committing to the Chicago Bulls.

6uXNWAo.png

Dwayne Wade will be meeting for a second time with the Bulls.

Hmmm.... Maybe Wade staying in Miami isn't a total lock afterall....

Or maybe he's a diabolical genius and is just trying to waste EVEN MORE of the Bulls time. Time they could be spending on free agents that might be interested.

Meeting over.

Wade is leaning toward committing to the Chicago Bulls.

That's exactly what a diabolical genius would say.

Archived