2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, yeah, the ACC Champion Hokies sure are nobody.

Again, James Madison happened. Thanks.

ZOMG! SUCH A HUGE LOSS IT SURELY ENDED THEIR SEASON!

That was one of their two losses. They went undefeated in conference play.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They beat one team that finished the season ranked. #23 (I think) Florida State. Color me unimpressed by Virginia Tech.

A home loss to a team that went 3-5 in the CAA weighs far more than any of their victories.

IUe6Hvh.png

brick.jpg

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'REYELLING ABOUT!!

As I posted earlier, personally, I think the fact that Temple was snubbed for a bowl bid despite having the same record as and DEFEATING Fiesta Bowl participant UConn SHOULD be bigger news than anything that comes out of Boise. Say all you wan't about Boise, but really, as I said earlier, somebody else got screwed worse than Boise this time.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

You know who I think has a bigger case for argument? Temple. Why? They have the same record as UConn and BEAT UConn. UConn is going to the FIESTA BOWL. Where's Temple going? NOWHERE. No bowl to speak of.

See, Boise really isn't the only team that gets screwed in the nation. It happens everywhere. Something like this should be a much bigger story than anything about Boise - at least they're going bowling.

See, it would help Temple's case had they not lost to the best teams in the MAC (Northern Illinois, Miami of Ohio and Ohio). Plus, they were third in the MAC East and the MAC only has four bowl tie-ins. If Temple would of beaten Ohio, would see them play Troy in the New Orleans Bowl and not Ohio.

So, to me, the whole sour grapes from Temple is just that: sour grapes.

Apparently Colorado has offered Jon Embree (current Redskins assistant coach, former CU assistant coach and TE for Buffs during the mid 1980's) the head coaching job. This according to a Denver Post website article where they spoke with Bill McCartney. The athletic department of CU says there has been no offer made yet to anyone but they expect to make an offer to the candidate of their choice within the week.

Other rumors are also saying that he will bring Eric Bieniemy (one of the other candidates that interviewed for the job) along as the new offensive coordinator. If the rumors are true, Jon Embree will be the first African American coach in Colorado University history.

Denver Post Article

It's official now. Embree is the new head coach and Bieniemy is the new offensive coordinator.

gbaCXZn.png

Which brings us to the subject of the ACC by and large being a catastrophic pile of suck ALMOST on par with the Big East. Woohoo, you went undefeated. That's almost as hard as running the table in the WAC.

--------------------------------------------------------

Wait, how did Temple get dicked out of a Bowl? I thought NCAA bylaws said 6-6 teams can only get bids once all of the teams that actually bothered to win more than half their games get bids.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, but Nebraska also bitched out when Boise State asked for $1,000,000 to go to Lincoln, without realizing that they'd be getting $1,000,000 in return for coming to Boise in the deal.

Nebraska also paid the Vandals $800,000 for one game in Lincoln this year. Paying a far-better school slightly more to come to Lincoln is not unreasonable at all.

So do the Broncos charge a month's wages for tickets or something? Where is this $1,000,000 coming from?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My BCS Predictions

Rose Bowl

Wisconsin 30

TCU 21

Not sure TCU's run defense (which is highly ranked) has seen a rushing attack like Wisconsin should bring. Close game and toughest pick for me.

Sugar Bowl

Ohio State 14

Arkansas 38

Ohio State stays winless against the SEC, and I honestly think this one could get even uglier than I predict. If Mallet is even decent, it's gonna be a long one for the Buckeyes. He's the best overall QB in college football right now and while I'd love to see my Gamecocks playing in this game, I know Arkansas is definitely the 2nd best team in the SEC this year.

Orange Bowl

Stanford 45

Virginia Tech 31

Yeah, Virginia Tech won 11 games in a row to get here...but they did it against a rather weak ACC schedule, and it wasn't really in dominating fashion. High scoring game, but Stanford comes out on top.

National Championship

Auburn 35

Oregon 17

No one in the SEC could find an answer for Newton, and I don't think Oregon is going to figure it out anytime soon. Auburn's offense will score at will, but will their defense show up? Auburn's offense really helps their defense, in that opposing offenses seem to get discouraged knowing a shootout is ahead of them. Should Oregon keep it close or get ahead early, they will need to keep the firepower rolling rather than take a "conserve and contain" approach.

My BCS Predictions

Rose Bowl

Wisconsin 30

TCU 21

Not sure TCU's run defense (which is highly ranked) has seen a rushing attack like Wisconsin should bring. Close game and toughest pick for me.

Sugar Bowl

Ohio State 14

Arkansas 38

Ohio State stays winless against the SEC, and I honestly think this one could get even uglier than I predict. If Mallet is even decent, it's gonna be a long one for the Buckeyes. He's the best overall QB in college football right now and while I'd love to see my Gamecocks playing in this game, I know Arkansas is definitely the 2nd best team in the SEC this year.

Orange Bowl

Stanford 45

Virginia Tech 31

Yeah, Virginia Tech won 11 games in a row to get here...but they did it against a rather weak ACC schedule, and it wasn't really in dominating fashion. High scoring game, but Stanford comes out on top.

National Championship

Auburn 35

Oregon 17

No one in the SEC could find an answer for Newton, and I don't think Oregon is going to figure it out anytime soon. Auburn's offense will score at will, but will their defense show up? Auburn's offense really helps their defense, in that opposing offenses seem to get discouraged knowing a shootout is ahead of them. Should Oregon keep it close or get ahead early, they will need to keep the firepower rolling rather than take a "conserve and contain" approach.

You missed the Fiesta Bowl.

But a conference championship and a BCS Bowl invite has happened since then. Thanks.

You're quick to bash the Big East, but it's not like the ACC is that much better. At least UConn didn't lose to an FCS school either. I don't know why you'd defend VT so much when...

oh, that's right. That game on Labor Day. Carry on.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Which brings us to the subject of the ACC by and large being a catastrophic pile of suck ALMOST on par with the Big East. Woohoo, you went undefeated. That's almost as hard as running the table in the WAC.

--------------------------------------------------------

Wait, how did Temple get dicked out of a Bowl? I thought NCAA bylaws said 6-6 teams can only get bids once all of the teams that actually bothered to win more than half their games get bids.

I think the bylaws say that 6-6 teams can only get at-large bids once all the 7-5's and above get in. PErhaps all the 6-6 teams got bids that were contracted to go to a specific conference?

LvZYtbZ.png

You're quick to bash the Big East, but it's not like the ACC is that much better.

The ACC is down right now but they've still been better recently than the Big East. The Big East is a complete waste of an AQ spot.

In other news - the Heisman finalists have been announced... LaMichael James, Kellen Moore, Andrew Luck, and $cam Newton are your finalists!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You're quick to bash the Big East, but it's not like the ACC is that much better.

The ACC is down right now but they've still been better recently than the Big East. The Big East is a complete waste of an AQ spot.

In other news - the Heisman finalists have been announced... LaMichael James, Kellen Moore, Andrew Luck, and $cam Newton are your finalists!

Well, James, Moore, and Luck got a free trip to NYC, at least. Even with the off-the-field issues, there's not a chance in hell that Cam Newton doesn't run away with this thing. Assuming he remains eligible, that is.

IUe6Hvh.png

I've posted this before, but the ACC is 2-10 all-time in the BCS, compared to 6-6 for the Big East. In head to head games, the two conferences are tied.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

DG beat me to it on the BCS records, so I'll edit it out. You act as if Cincinnati was not undefeated and BCS #3 before the Sugar Bowl last year.

The Big East lost their three most successful coaches (and the majority of those staffs) in the last five years: Petrino, Kelly, and RichRod. They were the teams winning the division and getting the BCS births.

Just when you think it's safe to swim in the NCAA football thread Boise :censored:-ing State rears it's head again. Honestly, why are we going on for another 2 pages debating the merit of the team that finished second in the :censored:-ing WAC?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Just when you think it's safe to swim in the NCAA football thread Boise :censored:-ing State rears it's head again. Honestly, why are we going on for another 2 pages debating the merit of the team that finished second in the :censored:-ing WAC?

Someone here will tell you they finished in a 3 way, first place tie.

Archived