2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Welp, after the Niners failed to win the division after the owner came out and guaranteed that they would win the West, you knew that meant that Singletary had to win the division or be fired. Plus, if you can't win the NFC West in a year where the winner could finish 7-9, you should be on the hot seat and/or fired.

It's a good year for the Niners to start fresh, though. There will be some good QBs in the draft.

I should read links before I comment on them.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Rams play the Seahawks next week for the NFC West crown. If Seattle wins the NFC West champs will be 7-9. If St. Louis wins the NFC West champs will be 8-8. No offence rams, but I'm pulling for the 'Hawks. Just to see the overreaction to a 7-9 team making the playoffs.

The Seattle Seahawks are NFC West Champions and will host one of the two NFC Wild Card Playoffs games. President Obama calls for a national day of prayer.

You know, I just realized something.

The Rams would clinch the Division with a tie too. Yeah, there's no way it would happen, but the possibility exists.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jed York did not directly say that, but if they are going to try and hire a GM, then that person will probably bring in their coach.

What York did say about a new QB was: "Is that a need? Yeah, absolutely."

Now does Nate Davis get the start on Sunday?

After watching the Pack dismantle the Giants I can't help but wondering how the hell they lost to the Lions. Either way the Pack now control their own destiny but hopefully the Eagles don't fall asleep on Tuesday giving the Bears a first round bye so we'll get maybe a semi motivated Bear team next Sunday at Lambeau.

Also does anyone know what game NBC flexed next week for the Sunday nighter. Would Fox part ways with the Rams v Hawks, I'd love to see that game in Primetime.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

After watching the Pack dismantle the Giants I can't help but wondering how the hell they lost to the Lions. Either way the Pack now control their own destiny but hopefully the Eagles don't fall asleep on Tuesday giving the Bears a first round bye so we'll get maybe a semi motivated Bear team next Sunday at Lambeau.

Also does anyone know what game NBC flexed next week for the Sunday nighter. Would Fox part ways with the Rams v Hawks, I'd love to see that game in Primetime.

I think if Fox had to save a game, they'd probably protect Packers-Bears. Probably.

For my own selfish reasons, I would certainly like to see the game in Primetime as well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Didn't they do something similar to that two years ago I think when the Chargers were 7-8 and the Broncos were 8-7? The Chargers killed them I remember.

Jed York did not directly say that, but if they are going to try and hire a GM, then that person will probably bring in their coach.

So wait, Singletary's not out yet? That's what I get for not reading.

So I guess it's been proven: When the chips are down, bet against Norv and the Chargers.

The Chargers need a complete do-over in regards to the coaching staff. As of now, not a single coordinator is competent and neither is our GM or head coach. I've especially had it with AJ. His ego-driven standoffs with Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill cost us the season. I hope he's happy as the lucky-ass Chiefs get into the playoffs instead of us. So tired of this bullcrap.

I was looking for your post about the Chargers man, hey at least they gave you 16 weeks of competitive football.

So I guess it's been proven: When the chips are down, bet against Norv and the Chargers.

The Chargers need a complete do-over in regards to the coaching staff. As of now, not a single coordinator is competent and neither is our GM or head coach. I've especially had it with AJ. His ego-driven standoffs with Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill cost us the season. I hope he's happy as the lucky-ass Chiefs get into the playoffs instead of us. So tired of this bullcrap.

I was looking for your post about the Chargers man, hey at least they gave you 16 weeks of competitive football.

They gave us 16 weeks of "WHAT THE HELL NORV?"

Yes, I'm including the wins in there too. Dismantling the playoff bound Colts and Chiefs means nothing when you blow the season against Oakland and Cincinnati.

No, they gave us 8 weeks of semi-competitive football, and 7 weeks of total and complete embarrassment. We'll probably lose to Denver now with Tebow playing well, so pencil us in for 8 weeks of embarrassment. And when AJ inevitably goes for the cheapest players instead of the best players in draft week, make that 9 weeks. And AJ will once again refuse to sign top free agents and might even let VJ go, so we're in for an entire offseason of embarrassment.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

They gave us 16 weeks of "WHAT THE HELL NORV?"

Yes, I'm including the wins in there too. Dismantling the playoff bound Colts and Chiefs means nothing when you blow the season against Oakland and Cincinnati.

Haha yeah I was gonna put air quotes over "competitive" but then I took them out.

Jacksonville loses in OT to Washington 20-17. This punches the Jets' ticket to the playoffs.

Just Jacksonville doing what Jacksonville do...the NFL's most consistently inconsistent team. Play themselves into position to clinch...then play themselves right out of it when the light shines the brightest. The sucky thing is that they didn't even seem to care that the chance existed that if they won today and in their next game, and if the Colts somehow slipped, the division would be theirs. So what do they do, at home no less? S*** the pot. And yeah, MoJo might have been out, and yeah the Jags did get the game into overtime, but they didn't even attempt to force the issue or play to their strength today (that being the ground game). They did, however, stay true to their turnover-prone form. Same ol' Jaguars. Methinks Del Rio needs to get gone, but I really don't see J'ville firing him. Credit the 'Skins, though--they came out with an agenda, and did what they had to do. They did their thing, I'll give them that.

So Josh Freeman threw a Bucs record 5 TDs(tied with Brad Johnson, and someone else), and Blount ran for 164. Then, Bucs need the Falcons to win, then beat the Saints next week. Also, they need a loss by the Packers or the Giants.

I'm kind of excited.

I think you have a better shot at winning the lottery.

Actually, there's a very real shot the Buccaneers can pull this off. No matter though...even if they do end up in the playoffs, they're most likely getting smacked right back out of it by the first team they face. Okay, so yes, they currently stand at 9-6. Exactly none of those wins have come against a team with a winning record. That said, Josh Freeman was on it today. And LeGarrette Blount...daaayyuumm! I guess if Brian Leonard can have the Leonard Leap, then Blount can have the LeGarrette Leap. (Seriously, 250-something-pound RBs ain't supposed to be doing that type of s***. ^_^ )

All that said, here's what concerns me about this young Buccaneers team moving forward. Seven rookies, most if not all performing at a high level--the aforementioned Blount and Mike Williams most notably. What else is notable is the sophomore wall second-year Buccaneers seem to hit. Carnell Williams...explosive rookie year, damn near faded to black the year after. Michael Clayton...high-impact rookie year, completely disappeared the following year (yet somehow managed to stay on the roster for six years afterward). Just saying...I hope that track record doesn't hold to form next season with this current rookie crop. Josh Freeman managed to escape the jinx, so maybe there's hope.

Speaking of the Buccaneers, congrats to the Lions today for yet another "W". This team actually reminds me a lot of the '96 Buccaneers team...that team played a lelluva lot better than their 6-10 record showed, and you could tell the pieces were in place for them to make a playoff push, most notable on defense--kinda like this year's Lions. The following year was the year the Buccaneers finally broke through after all those ugly years, flipping their previous season record to 10-6 and winning their first playoff game in well over a decade--oddly enough, to the Detroit Lions. Difference being, that team had Trent Dilfer at quarterback; the Lions have a much better Matthew Stafford and, you know, actual receivers (i.e. not Reidel Anthony and Horace Copeland types). I fully expect this Lions team to make a serious push to break through next season (that's played).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I must've read that wrong the first time around. I thought it said the Niners were hiring a GM to begin a search for a new head coach. One of those "read between the lines" sort of things. My bad.

Singletary is as good as gone anyways. We don't need a news story to confirm it for us. :D

6uXNWAo.png

Jed York mentioned "changes", but not an immediate firing. The article was more of a national search for a GM. They week is early, so he could have coached hi final game though.

On firing Singletary, York said, "We want to take our time before we make any decision like that. You don't want to make an emotional decision right now after the game."

UGH! What a :censored:-ing train wreck of a game that was. Got to give credit to Tampa Bay, though. That's a hell of a good young team there. If it wasn't the Toilet Bowl game to be played in Seattle next weekend, I'd be more then happy to let Tampa Bay take the spot reserved for the NFC West Champion.

But, that cannot happen. There is a chance that Seattle, at 7-9, could win it all. All they have to do is beat St. Louis at home and the Seahawks, at 7-9, will once again return to the perch they so rightfully owned eariler in the decade.

So, I say these words to rams80 and all of the St. Louis fans out there: Bring. It. On.

Seriously dude, do your teams ever lose simply because they aren't as good as you think they are? Maybe the Chargers just weren't that good this season.

BB52Big.jpg

Next week's confirmed schedule:

1:00 FOX = Buccaneers/Saints, Panthers/Falcons, Vikings/Lions

1:00 CBS = Steelers/Browns, Bengals/Ravens, Raiders/Chiefs, Bills/Jets, Dolphins/Patriots

4:15 FOX = Cowboys/Eagles, Bears/Packers, Giants/Redskins, Cardinals/49ers

4:15 CBS = Titans/Colts, Jaguars/Texans, Chargers/Broncos

8:20 NBC = Rams/Seahawks

Archived