2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Niners currently lead the Rams in teh third quarter. You guys do realize that if this holds and the Bucs win, that the Niners control their own destiny in regards to the playoffs? They have tiebreaker over both Seattle and St. Louis.

And this would guarantee the NFC West winner a 7-9 record. Unlike some I actually want to see it happen AND I would like to see it happen without the playoff format being changed.

No, it would not. If the Niners lose to Arizona, then the Rams can get in with a record worse than 7-9.

If the Rams lose today, and they win next week at Seattle while the 49ers lose then they get in at 7-9. If Seattle losses today and wins next week against St. Louis with a 49ers loss then they get in at 7-9. If the 49ers win today and next week then they get in at 7-9.

Thank you, Donovan McNabb. If we go into Week 17 with a three-way tie at 6-9, and the 49ers lose to Arizona, then Seattle has to win to win the division - the Rams do not.

Well since Seattle hosts St. Louis in Week 17 the Rams would have to win out to win the division if there's a three way 6-9 tie.

Not that it matters. St. Louis seems to be pulling away. Chances are they'll go into Week 17 with a 7-8 record.

And the Niners currently lead the Rams in teh third quarter. You guys do realize that if this holds and the Bucs win, that the Niners control their own destiny in regards to the playoffs? They have tiebreaker over both Seattle and St. Louis.

And this would guarantee the NFC West winner a 7-9 record. Unlike some I actually want to see it happen AND I would like to see it happen without the playoff format being changed.

No, it would not. If the Niners lose to Arizona, then the Rams can get in with a record worse than 7-9.

If the Rams lose today, and they win next week at Seattle while the 49ers lose then they get in at 7-9. If Seattle losses today and wins next week against St. Louis with a 49ers loss then they get in at 7-9. If the 49ers win today and next week then they get in at 7-9.

Thank you, Donovan McNabb. If we go into Week 17 with a three-way tie at 6-9, and the 49ers lose to Arizona, then Seattle has to win to win the division - the Rams do not.

Well since Seattle hosts St. Louis in Week 17 the Rams would have to win out to win the division if there's a three way 6-9 tie.

Not that it matters. St. Louis seems to be pulling away. Chances are they'll go into Week 17 with a 7-8 record.

Well, they COULD tie, and the rams get in with a 6-9-1 record.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Well, they COULD tie, and the rams get in with a 6-9-1 record.

I don't think that would happen, but I could flat out guarantee the Rams won't tie a game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My, that was a poorly officiated game, though. I am happy that the Rams fans that were there were able to get a 12th man going, and that the Rams coaching staff finally displayed some creativity and adaptability.

Also...it's for all the marbles in Seattle next week.

ChizuruMokyu2.jpg

-8 wins WILL take the division.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What is wrong with Detroit? They win one on the road and now they think they can just win them all huh? :-)

I guess it's hard to understand from an outside view. Living close to Detroit, I have had the pleasure of watching nearly every Lions game this season, and although they have sucked this year, they are MUCH better than their record shows. Next year, this team is winning the wild card and will contend for the division. Matt Stafford really is a great quarterback and is the leader of this team, but he has had relative Lions-esque situations happening to him, leading to a shortened season. But I think the Lions made the smartest choice, which was admitting defeat this season and allowing Stafford to come back 100% next season, and most likely, involve their offensive line in the off-season because that is their biggest weakness. Early in the season it was typical misfortunes happening to the team at the worst moments. Now late in the season they haven't had their franchise quarterback, and have been forced to used their third-string in some games. These few wins show they have some pride in them and I think if the team keeps the same core in nearly every position, they will have a solid TEAM coming into next season.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Vikings-Eagles has been reschedeuled for TUESDAY.

Disappointing. This is FOOTBALL. You WANT to play in the snow!

This has nothing to do with the players.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wanted to see a game in a blizzard, the NFL is getting wimpy.

So because some fat guy wants to sit in the comfort of his own home and stuff his face while watching a game, people should risk their lives or risk being stranded to go to a game? Stadium employees should be at risk? It's been snowing all day, but it's not supposed to get really bad until during the game. It's very realistic that you park your car, and then come out to find it buried under 18" of snow. They can't plow the lots, so what are people going to do? On top of that, jackasses will be drinking, which just makes a dangerous situation even worse. Now, keep in mind the parking employees and police who are working outside during this entire storm. It's not safe for anyone. It has zero to do with the players.

You can argue whether moving to Tuesday instead of Monday, or 8PM instead of 5PM is a good decision, but there is no rational argument against the decision to postpone this game. None. If you attempt to make one, you are an idiot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree with BBTV. There's no rational reason as to NOT postpone the game because of the incoming blizzard. Safety is always the first priority here no matter if it's the players or the fans at the game. There is no way you play this game with the kind of conditions that are going to be in Philly at game time. As to why they're playing on Tuesday... Well, maybe the NFL doesn't want this game to take the spotlight from the New Orleans-Atlanta game tomorrow night (as if the Vikings haven't already stolen the Monday night spotlight before... Remember two weeks ago? If it wasn't for the end of the Ravens-Texans game, how many of you guys would be talking about that game and not the fact that Saint Brett the Almighty didn't start a game for the first time since the Civil War ended)

Oh, and come on Seattle! Get it in gear... Although I wish it was with Hasselbeck and not Whitehurst. *sigh* Now I know why he was rotting on the bench in San Diego...

Vikings-Eagles has been reschedeuled for TUESDAY.

Disappointing. This is FOOTBALL. You WANT to play in the snow!

This has nothing to do with the players.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wanted to see a game in a blizzard, the NFL is getting wimpy.

So because some fat guy wants to sit in the comfort of his own home and stuff his face while watching a game, people should risk their lives or risk being stranded to go to a game? Stadium employees should be at risk? It's been snowing all day, but it's not supposed to get really bad until during the game. It's very realistic that you park your car, and then come out to find it buried under 18" of snow. They can't plow the lots, so what are people going to do? On top of that, jackasses will be drinking, which just makes a dangerous situation even worse. Now, keep in mind the parking employees and police who are working outside during this entire storm. It's not safe for anyone. It has zero to do with the players.

You can argue whether moving to Tuesday instead of Monday, or 8PM instead of 5PM is a good decision, but there is no rational argument against the decision to postpone this game. None. If you attempt to make one, you are an idiot.

Don't get me wrong - they've played here after 23"+ blizzards, and during big storms, but the circumstances around tonight are different, being that over a foot will fall during the game, the game won't be over until around midnight or later, it's a major holiday weekend where every department (stadium, city, etc.) is short staffed, there's an official snow emergency, public transportation from the suburbs (rail lines) and buses will be affected by this (a very small number of fans that go to the Linc live in the city grid and have easy access to the subways), and most flights have been cancelled, so people who were flying in to go to the game won't make it, and the Vikings prob wouldn't make it out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived