Prokhorov: Nets to change name for 2012 Brooklyn move

Waffles

Generic lookin uniforms. I mean I know their colors were navy and red anyways, but if you didnt know it was a picture of the nets youd have no clue who it was.

Also, B-Lyn? wow, whoever thought of that is a moron (jay-z im guessin).

That's a REALLY old pic from 2004 promoting the Nets move (notice how ex-,ex-,ex-NY governor George Pataki is present)... They are just generic "Brooklyn Nets" mockups and have nothing to do with the real uniforms and logos. Those have yet to be unveiled.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning the owners made it official that the team will be the "Brooklyn Nets," and the owners posed with these jerseys:

brooklyn-nets.jpg

I don't know if these are the official jerseys - here's the article - but my initial impression is that they could be worse.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

This morning the owners made it official that the team will be the "Brooklyn Nets," and the owners posed with these jerseys:

brooklyn-nets.jpg

I don't know if these are the official jerseys - here's the article - but my initial impression is that they could be worse.

I like that they kept Nets, no need to change a perfectly good name. It would be great for the actually jerseys have Brooklyn over the numbers and Nets under like the picture shows (not in that font or template though).

I liked the Nets name too. Not really sure why, I just do. I think the nickname sounds a lot better with Brooklyn in front of it rather than New Jersey. As for the colors... I really was hoping to see some sort of navy, light blue, and gray. or possibly even light blue, black, and gray.

I'm guessing the uniforms are going to be throwbacks or fuexbacks... whatever. I don't think they are going to be as crazy as the Wizards new uniform, but more excitement than the Cavs jerseys from last season.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Please tell me they won't use "B-Lyn" in any form associated with the team. That is even worse than ATL and PHX appearing on jerseys.

I dont think they'll do that...however, that got me thinkin, and maybe they'll make one of their alternate logos a "BKN," which could double for "BrooKlyN" or "BrooKlyn Nets." We shall see.

Surprised no one has questioned their using "Brooklyn" rather than "New York". Seems to me they'd appeal to a much larger market using the name of the overall city rather than the borough.

That discussions been all over these boards in various thread for 5 years since they first announced the

Move. Bottom line is Brooklyn Is a strong enough brand and a big enough "city" of it's own. Also,differenciate from the Knicks.

As for color, I've said it several times but I feel the nets will be a predominantly red team. They've been leaning that way for a while and again, to look very different from the Knicks.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Surprised no one has questioned their using "Brooklyn" rather than "New York". Seems to me they'd appeal to a much larger market using the name of the overall city rather than the borough.

That discussions been all over these boards in various thread for 5 years since they first announced the

Move. Bottom line is Brooklyn Is a strong enough brand and a big enough "city" of it's own. Also,differenciate from the Knicks.

As for color, I've said it several times but I feel the nets will be a predominantly red team. They've been leaning that way for a while and again, to look very different from the Knicks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Red and Grey.

Tf9TG.jpg

The New York Times is reporting that new logos will come in February.

Just in time for the season to tip off.

So they're going to debut a new logo set and identity while still playing in NJ, then just put it on the shelf until summer when they officially move into BK? Seems like they're betting against the 2011-12 NBA season happening.

Archived