2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, you're right. It sounds like the French name for a venereal disease. "You hear about Steve? Slept with a hooker in Montreal, doctor there said he had le crombeen, he's been pissing fire for days."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How the hell am I delusional? You're the one trying to justify fighting in hockey when NOWHERE ELSE in life it is tolerated. "ITS DIFF'RENT CUZ ITS HOCKEE!!!@1" The fact that a fight usually results because someone got hit a lil' too hard for their liking shows that they're a :censored: (and probably not very good at hockey at that). Instead of showing the skill to hit someone cleanly, the dude will cry like a baby and drop the gloves. Like I said, there are times where you may have to finish something that some other dude started, but those times are few and far between, but noone should have the opportunity to finish something that some other dude started because fighting should not be allowed in hockey. Players should not have no say in policing anything, they should focus on the game.

That's a real stupid arguement, body checking isn't allowed in life but your all for it. Pretty much everything in hockey isn't allowed anywhere else in life. IT'S A GAME BUDDY DON'T COMPARE IT TO EVERYDAY LIFE!!!11. I'm calling you delusional because you think guys getting punched in the face are pussies and your reasoning for it just shows your ignorance. Fighting is part of the game, and it will continue to be because of reasons I mentioned in my previous posts.

I enjoy hockey; I just don't watch the NHL. It's a big difference. I don't post in this thread too often, but I check it every now and then, just to see what's going on because I like a few players, but by and large, I don't like the league.

Again--why not? It's not the fighting, so what is it?

I cited reasons for why I don't watch the NHL in a previous post. FYI, my feelings on the NHL could change if I ever felt they get their act together and I am open to watching NHL hockey, becoming a fan/customer again.

I just saw the " :censored:" comment by Eye. Eye, I'm pretty sure you mentioned that you have played organized hockey. Have you by chance ever engaged in a fight?

I have played hockey, and I have not engaged in a fight. There are a few scenarios as I've mentioned where you have no choice but to go back at the other guy, but it shouldn't get to that point because the fighting/shenanigans should not be allowed. Nobody is automatically a :censored: when they fight, it would be the reasons that some of these guys do it, that makes them a :censored:.

How the hell am I delusional? You're the one trying to justify fighting in hockey when NOWHERE ELSE in life it is tolerated. "ITS DIFF'RENT CUZ ITS HOCKEE!!!@1" The fact that a fight usually results because someone got hit a lil' too hard for their liking shows that they're a :censored: (and probably not very good at hockey at that). Instead of showing the skill to hit someone cleanly, the dude will cry like a baby and drop the gloves. Like I said, there are times where you may have to finish something that some other dude started, but those times are few and far between, but noone should have the opportunity to finish something that some other dude started because fighting should not be allowed in hockey. Players should not have no say in policing anything, they should focus on the game.

That's a really stupid arguement, body checking isn't allowed in life but your you're all for it. Pretty much everything in hockey isn't allowed anywhere else in life. IT'S A GAME BUDDY DON'T COMPARE IT TO EVERYDAY LIFE!!!11. I'm calling you delusional because you think guys getting punched in the face are pussies and your reasoning for it just shows your ignorance. Fighting is part of the game, and it will continue to be because of reasons I mentioned in my previous posts.

It's funny how you call my argument stupid when you don't know the difference between a few words.

I'm not all for fighting outside of hockey; only in certain situations, like when it is the only way to go about whatever the deal is. What I said was that I would watch two guys fight each other outside of an arena, and I was being sarcastic there. Fighting outside of hockey and fighting in hockey are two totally different things. You may have to fight someone in your life because they damage personal property, etc. In hockey, fighting is stupid. I said that dropping the gloves because someone is hit too hard is being a baby, the fighting does not necessarily make someone a baby, but the reasons for doing so absolutely do (except in a few scenarios). Instead of going to hit someone hard and cleanly, you come back with the fighting mentality, because you don't have the skills to overcome whatever happens.

Nobody is delusional here but you.

Not that this bitch-fest isn't fun (and should probably net you all 2 minutes each) but I would like to change the subject to ask a dumb question:

If the rumours of Rogers buying MLSE are true, would it be a conflict of interest for them to also be the naming rights sponsor of the arena the Canucks play in? Has this situation arisen before or happening now?

Well, good; they deserve it. Maybe Janssen and Crombeen will dumbass their way into someone cheapshotting Halak.

Could they cheapshot Janssen instead?

/No more hometown heroes on the team. EVER.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If the rumours of Rogers buying MLSE are true, would it be a conflict of interest for them to also be the naming rights sponsor of the arena the Canucks play in? Has this situation arisen before or happening now?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I'll gladly support the Rogers-owned Leafs though. At least Rogers is trying to win with the Blue Jays.

Two words: Rogers Leafsnet. All Leafs, All The Time, Coast To Coast.

No conflict of interest with Rogers Arena here in Vancouver, these are naming and technological rights within the building only, not team ownership.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I cited reasons for why I don't watch the NHL in a previous post. FYI, my feelings on the NHL could change if I ever felt they get their act together and I am open to watching NHL hockey, becoming a fan/customer again.

Ok, so what would constitute "getting their act together", and how would that affect the on-ice product, which is as good (if not better) now as it has ever been?

1zgyd8w.jpg

The Bruins have (thankfully) dealt Marco Sturm to the Los Angeles Kings for a conditional draft pick, pending Sturm waiving his no-trade clause.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Bruins have (thankfully) dealt Marco Sturm to the Los Angeles Kings for a conditional draft pick, pending Sturm waiving his no-trade clause.

Actually it's not pending he waive his no-trade clause (he did that already), it's pending his physical. And the pick would be as low as a 5th and as high as a 2nd.

LeBron is not the only one with a return to his old team tonight.

Dany Heatley is playing his first game back in Ottawa on NHL Network, and the fans are booing the entire time he is on the ice, regardless of puck possession. The boos are louder when Heatley does touch the puck. There are chants of "Heatley Sucks" and "Traitor" even when he's not on the ice. And every time he misses a shot or gets hit or turns the puck over, it's to wild cheers.

This is an angry Ottawa crowd, but fun to watch.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'd prefer a nice "You killed Sny-der!" *clap clap clap-clap-clap* chant, myself.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd prefer a nice "You killed Sny-der!" *clap clap clap-clap-clap* chant, myself.

For a terrific knife twist to the left, absolutely.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived