2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

..And? He's the Brett Favre of the NHL.

I don't think so.

Forsberg has never "come back" when he wasn't healthy or kept playing while holding other players back.

Uh, obviously you forget about 2007-2008 when he signed with Colorado and wasn't healthy. He is Brett Favre. He just needs the spotlight on him.

You mean I forgot when he came back and and scored 14 points in 9 games then 5 in 7 playoff games, then stayed out of the lineup when he was injured?

Forsberg, unlike Favre stays out of the lineup and does not continue to play while injured and hamper his team just to keep a streak in tact.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Star alternate Captains were announced: Mike Green and Ryan Kesler are alternates for Team Staal and Patrick Kane and Martin St. Louis will serve for Team Lidstrom. They are exempted from the fantasy draft.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Nabokov needs to just shut up, and show up. He wanted back in the NHL, and he got it...well, sort of.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Lightning have won 3 strait games in a shootout. Steven Stamkos had 6 goals in 4 games before last night's win against the Stinkin' Panthers. If Roloson, Ellis, or the new kid Cedrick Desjardins become consistent over a long period of time, then I honestly believe this team could make a run. That, and they have 63 points and second in the East.

Nabokov needs to just shut up, and show up. He wanted back in the NHL, and he got it...well, sort of.

Actually haven't the Islanders and Devils been relegated to the ECHL?

Sadly, not yet, apparently, as Philly lost to the Devs today.

Oh well, bring on the Stanley Cup Revenge game!

Devils don't have a rookie coach anymore and have Lemaire back in full swing with the team, even Kovalchuk is playing better. I hate that they are playing better, they beat the Penguins too and that sucked, considering we didn't have Geno or Sid, still it sucked.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

My bet is that the Islanders will sign Nabokov to a 13-year deal, in hopes that he EVENTUALLY reports. :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

A college buddy of mine was at the Blue Jackets-Blues game in St. Louis last night. There's nothing significant about that except that for 4 years he bagged on hockey. I'd try to check hockey scores by changing the channel (during a commercial) from the NBA game we were watching and he'd always groan. He's from Cleveland and there's no bigger Cleveland homer than he.This dude thought the Cavs were going to make the playoffs this season. He moved to St. Louis after college and last night he went to his first hockey game ever. I think we have a convert.

He sent me three texts. One was about the atmosphere was better than some NBA games he's been to. How "sick" Rich Nash is and how he wants a Nash jersey. How St. Louis' players start a lot of :censored:.

I've only been telling the guy for four years about this awesome game now he's a Blue Jackets fan.

And last night the Blue Jackets got down 2-0 early for the second straight game. They responded with 5 unanswered goals. Steve Mason is proving my theory that if he can get out of the first period storm then he settles in and plays well the rest of the game. The second straight game where he's given up 2 goals early in the game and then went the rest of the game without allowing another one. The problem is that he can be really bad early in games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

A college buddy of mine was at the Blue Jackets-Blues game in St. Louis last night. There's nothing significant about that except that for 4 years he bagged on hockey. I'd try to check hockey scores by changing the channel (during a commercial) from the NBA game we were watching and he'd always groan. He's from Cleveland and there's no bigger Cleveland homer than he.This dude thought the Cavs were going to make the playoffs this season. He moved to St. Louis after college and last night he went to his first hockey game ever. I think we have a convert.

Well, to be fair, so did I. :P, but glad to see we have a convert, especially one that's a Jackets fan.

He sent me three texts. One was about the atmosphere was better than some NBA games he's been to. How "sick" Rich Nash is and how he wants a Nash jersey. How St. Louis' players start a lot of :censored:.

I've only been telling the guy for four years about this awesome game now he's a Blue Jackets fan.

NHL Atmosphere > NBA Atmosphere. By a lot. And yeah, the Blues might be one of the dirtiest, if not the dirtiest, teams in the league. It's really annoying. It already cost 'em Oshie for a couple months, we can only hope it backfires on them some more.

And last night the Blue Jackets got down 2-0 early for the second straight game. They responded with 5 unanswered goals. Steve Mason is proving my theory that if he can get out of the first period storm then he settles in and plays well the rest of the game. The second straight game where he's given up 2 goals early in the game and then went the rest of the game without allowing another one. The problem is that he can be really bad early in games.

Bingo. Mase has been playing really well lately for the most part and that's really encouraging to see, especially how he's bounced back following the 1st periods. The CBJ are now within 4 points of the playoffs, and with Calgary now in the mix, every game is just about as important as the next one for the rest of the year.

The Blue Jackets' February schedule features (following a game against the Ducks Tuesday)... Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Colorado, Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Nashville, Phoenix, and Nashville. 12 games. 11 teams in the playoff race. Welcome to the Western Conference.

6fQjS3M.png

Yes! Another Jackets/Nash fan! (think you can get him to sign up for CCSLC?) :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived