2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see the Islanders stay out of things. No need to give up what they've got and no need to get any more unnecessary draft picks

Is that even possible?

Well, with the way the Islanders have stockpiled late round draft picks, there wasn't really any need to get any more

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Good to see the Islanders stay out of things. No need to give up what they've got and no need to get any more unnecessary draft picks

Is that even possible?

With Garth Snow as GM, yes, it is possible.

Can Higgins or Lapierre play centre?

Max Lapierre is a centre.

Higgins was a centre when he was drafted, but moved to the wing alongside Koivu in Montreal. It's possible he could play centre if needed.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

In the press conference, it was said that the name isn't decided yet (It's NOT Amphitheatre Videotron)

If they did name it Videotron, I guarentee you it'd be shortened to "Tron" by fans.

The Tron? I like it. Of course they would be pronounce it "lay traw", which is decidedly less cool.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Things starting to come in quickly.

Done: Brad Winchester to Anaheim, 2012 3rd round pick to St. Louis

Report that Dustin Penner going to Montreal, Jarred Tinordi and 1st round pick to Edmonton

EDIT: Penner deal was from fake twitter account. Disregard.

Also, Ducks close to another deal, likely moving Maxim Lapierre out. Goes along with most of the deals today. A lot of 2nd and 3rd tier guys.

About the fake twitter accounts:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/Twitter+impersonators+wreak+havoc+deadline/4362598/story.html

Surprise, surprise, in his first game back from the 9 game suspension, Trevor Gillies gets tossed for a check from behind.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the hit, so I can't comment whether it was deserved or not.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Bobby Ryan might have just saved the Ducks' season with a penalty shot, overtime winner over the Red Wings.

Huge 2 points earned to move to 9th, another huge set of 2 points as 7th Dallas rolls into town.

Every single night means something, and the play in the West shows it, and I love it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm not sure I care for what's, for lack of a better term, supermediocrity. Everyone below Detroit and above St. Louis is equally kinda pretty good but in some sense sorta not. That everyone is this close just feels like randomness and point inflation. Sometimes it's comforting to know that some teams are good and others blow. Even the worst team in the league is nominally playing .391 ball (puck?), roughly equivalent to what the Milwaukee Bucks are doing in the other league. It's not believable that that's the worst it can get.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived