MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, okay. For the White Sox I will guess.

1)Adding diamond sock patch to home jersey

2)Adding 20th anniversary patch for USCF

3)Adding black outline around silver on home jersey

I am leaning towards #2.

Your closest guess is #1.

Hmmm, Okay.

1. They have developed a completely new sleeve patch which will be worn on the home jersey.

2. They have removed the diamond sock patch from the road and alt jerseys (which would fill me with rage).

A little of both #1 and #2.

This will be the last team for which I am going to reveal details before they're actually unveiled. I almost feel like I've released too much info already, so I'm going to stop here.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Thanks for the info, Dorf. You don't have to respond again, but I will guess that they have replaced the diamond patch with a white sock(s) on the gray and black jerseys and have a Chicago flag on the home jersey. Whatever happens, I am puzzled by it. They shouldn't have messed with anything.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They don't even need a Majestic logo on their uniforms, see.

Actually, it's my understand that any team can choose not to have the Majestic logo on their uniforms as long as they pay some kind of fine. But apparently the Yankees are the only team that likes to pay that fine.

Blasphemy! The Yankees in anything but pinstripes at home and gray on the road will not be greeted very favorably by fans.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that Joe Yankee Fan would complain about an alternate uniform. I actually think that a navy blue alternate would be a runaway success for the Yankees in the sales department - they should have come out with one decades ago.

My name is Joe, and I'm a Yankees Fan, and I would HATE that. And just because they don't wear it doesn't mean it wont sell.

Anubis.png

...and the yankees getting a navy alt.

Blasphemy! The Yankees in anything but pinstripes at home and gray on the road will not be greeted very favorably by fans. There's simply too much tradition. The uniforms have become iconic. Alternates work well for teams with brief, forgettable histories, or for teams that have a history of changing logos like they change their socks. The Yankees are most certainly neither of those.

Would these be the same fans who walk around wearing pinstripe jerseys with names on the back?

You do realize that the reason the majority of fans own Yankee jersey's with the NOB is because they're actually CHEAPER than ones without it? It's next to impossible to find a Yankee jersey with NNOB for less than $100 where as the ones with NOB can be often found for around $70. That $30 is a lot for some people. I own 4 Yankee jerseys - one replica home with NNOB that I got for $70 after searching for a long time, something most fans aren't willing to to do, a replica road with NOB I got for $50, and the last two models of BP jerseys, both blank on the back that I picked up for $20 a piece. I bought all of those at different times, and for the same price I paid for all of those, I would maybe be able to buy one authentic - not worth it at all for me when I could have four jerseys that show my team pride just as well.

Anubis.png

Thanks for the info, Dorf. You don't have to respond again, but I will guess that they have replaced the diamond patch with a white sock(s) on the gray and black jerseys and have a Chicago flag on the home jersey. Whatever happens, I am puzzled by it. They shouldn't have messed with anything.

Maybe a return of the flying sock? Just a thought.

Blasphemy! The Yankees in anything but pinstripes at home and gray on the road will not be greeted very favorably by fans.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that Joe Yankee Fan would complain about an alternate uniform. I actually think that a navy blue alternate would be a runaway success for the Yankees in the sales department - they should have come out with one decades ago.

You do realize that while fans of any other team in baseball would welcome, with arms wide open, a brand new stadium, many Yankee fans were very upset at the closing and ultimate dismantling of historic Yankee Stadium. Yes, when it comes to doing away with tradition, Yankee fans are not as easy going. I won't say Yankee fans won't run out to buy a new batting practice jersey. But an actual uniform, worn on the field, during a game...doubt it.

It's high time the Nationals retired their curly W cap. That "W" looks too similar to Walgreen's.

It's symbolic of the old Senators days. Frankly, what they should do is make up their minds on what font they want to go with. "Confusing" doesn't even begin to describe a curly "W" on the cap, block "DC" on the sleeve, and block "Nationals" across the front (and beveled too :o)

I'll take a stab at guessing:

-LA Angels: Well, the 50th patch and silver to gold has already been revealed so I'm gonna say that's all.

You'd think the Angels could get away with a "Los Angeles" road uni if they claimed it was in honor of the Latino community. Sort of what the NBA did. I kid, I kid.

Maybe a return of the flying sock? Just a thought.

To my knowledge, it never appeared on a jersey. Maybe they are redoing the patch from the early 70's red pinstripe jerseys. It had a sock in a circle with Sox written over it. If so, I am not a fan.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Can someone please tell me if the Tampa Bay Rays still have the manta ray logo on their jersey sleeves? I was watching the ALDS the other day and didn't see it on their powder blue jerseys, but I'm positive I still see it on the regular home and road jerseys.

I do hope they retain it (there were rumors it's been retired for good), because it's a nice little throwback to when they were the Devil Rays.

You do realize that while fans of any other team in baseball would welcome, with arms wide open, a brand new stadium, many Yankee fans were very upset at the closing and ultimate dismantling of historic Yankee Stadium. Yes, when it comes to doing away with tradition, Yankee fans are not as easy going. I won't say Yankee fans won't run out to buy a new batting practice jersey. But an actual uniform, worn on the field, during a game...doubt it.

The dismantling of historic Yankee Stadium happened in 1975 or 1976.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can someone please tell me if the Tampa Bay Rays still have the manta ray logo on their jersey sleeves? I was watching the ALDS the other day and didn't see it on their powder blue jerseys, but I'm positive I still see it on the regular home and road jerseys.

I do hope they retain it (there were rumors it's been retired for good), because it's a nice little throwback to when they were the Devil Rays.

The ray IS on the primary uniforms, both home and away, but not on the alternates. Seems likely that they are phasing it out, possibly in lieu of the sunburst logo.

The dismantling of historic Yankee Stadium happened in 1975 or 1976.

Actually, the last games played there were in 1973. The renovated Yankee Stadium opened in '76.

Yankees played at Shea in '74 and '75. Giants played at Yale Bowl in '74 and shared Shea in '75, IIRC. The original Giants Stadium opened in '76.

Archived