2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction for the remaining Cavs' moves:

1.) Let Baron Davis run the team for the remainder of the year, draft Kyrie Irving. Let Irving learn under Davis next year.

2.) Trade Ramon Sessions in the off season for picks in 2012, or a young shooting guard, a la OJ Mayo.

3.) Use Clippers pick to get a young big, like a Jawuan Johnson (unless Sullinger is available).

4.) Let the TPE expire since they just took on Davis' contract.

I know "sources" are frowned upon, but I have in good faith that Option #1 is Kyrie Irving and Option #2 is Jared Sullinger if they come out this year.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

1.) Let Baron Davis run the team for the remainder of the year, draft Kyrie Irving. Let Irving learn under Davis next year.

2.) Trade Ramon Sessions in the off season for picks in 2012, or a young shooting guard, a la OJ Mayo.

3.) Use Clippers pick to get a young big, like a Jawuan Johnson (unless Sullinger is available).

I know "sources" are frowned upon, but I have in good faith that Option #1 is Kyrie Irving and Option #2 is Jared Sullinger if they come out this year.

Don't do that to me man. :P

If you are part of the Phoenix Suns management, would you trade Steve Nash?

That's an interesting question. My first reaction was "absolutely not", but then I got to thinking a little more about it. Yes, he's older now, but he's still putting up decent numbers and still commands attention from defenses everywhere (he's burned the Jazz many a times this year, even if not scoring much, he really can still draw a defense). I think you could get some good value for him if you gave it a shot.

As a Jason Kidd fan my whole life, I've always admired and liked the Suns, and have always wished them well for a good season. I would hope that they would make the necessary moves to make them contenders again. The Suns aren't necessarily my "second team" (the Rockets are that, strictly for family reasons - lots of family from the Houston area), but they're right around there, and when the Jazz and Rockets are out of it I usually pull for the Suns. I'd hate to see him go, but if trading Nash is necessary to get some good value for the future, then I think it's worth a shot.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Clippers just fleeced Cleveland. Baron Davis for Mo Williams.

Well, if Mo's healthy, this is a fleece. If not, it's an equal trade.

The skill (and health) of the players are irrelevant...the Clippers just dumped a horrible contract and they didn't want to pay bloated guaranteed money to some one-and-done rook from a terribly weak draft class. Plus, Cleveland needs the picks to rebuild. Baron won't be the answer, but Mo wasn't the answer either. They sure as hell aren't going to be able to sign any free agents with Dan Gilbert showing his ass, so draft picks are their ticket. Eventually, they can move Baron Davis' expiring contract for another disgruntled "star" who won't want to play for them either.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'd be interested to see if the Mavs try to bring back Nash for depth in the playoffs. They've already brought back Kidd, so they're not afraid to give players a second go-'round in Dallas.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Don't do that to me man. :P

If Irving enters the draft... he is on the board when the Cavs pick... Irving will be drafted. Not sure how I feel about it.

I mean... he is a Duke kid... which scares me more than the fact that he has only played 8 games. But those 8 games... wow.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Clippers just fleeced Cleveland. Baron Davis for Mo Williams.

Well, if Mo's healthy, this is a fleece. If not, it's an equal trade.

The skill (and health) of the players are irrelevant...the Clippers just dumped a horrible contract and they didn't want to pay bloated guaranteed money to some one-and-done rook from a terribly weak draft class. Plus, Cleveland needs the picks to rebuild. Baron won't be the answer, but Mo wasn't the answer either. They sure as hell aren't going to be able to sign any free agents with Dan Gilbert showing his ass, so draft picks are their ticket. Eventually, they can move Baron Davis' expiring contract for another disgruntled "star" who won't want to play for them either.

Holy crap I forgot all about that. Still, I really think Cleveland got hustled. People said that Davis contract was un-tradeable. Welp...

This is awesome, there's literally a new trade hitting twitter every 2 minutes. The NBA, where "HOLY :censored: GOTTA MAKE A DEAL" happens.

EDIT: Josh McRoberts & a 1st from Indiana to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Wow.

EDIT 2: Semih Erdan & Luke Harangody from Boston to Cleveland for a 2nd. Wut.

EDIT 3: "We are all _______" traded for "Scheduling Loss" & a 1st.

EDIT 4: Word around town is that the trade in my 1st edit MISSED the deadline & will not go through. HOLY :censored: AT ALL OF THIS.

EDIT: Josh McRoberts & a 1st from Indiana to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Wow.

So this trade is going to be nixed because they were a minute late signing it off on it? Sucks for Indiana cause they were getting a hell of a deal.

6uXNWAo.png

LOL @ NBA TV playing it up as if the Deron Williams press conference they are currently showing is life. It doesn't say "live" on the feed, but if you listened to the NBA TV analysts before they went to the press conference, you were led to believe that you are watching something live.

Wait... Clippers fans are saying they pulled one over on us?

Everyone here in Cleveland are laughing at LA... we think we got one over on you.

Wait... Clippers fans are saying they pulled one over on us?

Everyone here in Cleveland are laughing at LA... we think we got one over on you.

And as somebody who doesn't like either team... you're dead :censored:ing wrong.

You got an overpaid primadonna and a first round pick in the worst regarded draft in... :censored:, a while.

Archived