The 2010-2011 MLB Offseason Thread

AnythingChicago

Or it could just be a scorned ex looking for revenge and/or money.

With MB, I think it's safe to assume by now that he was just being an a-hole. Dude is a good ballplayer but has jumped from team to team his whole career because he is an a-hole.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. My seats are directly in front of Harry the K's. We kept our seats because there were so few openings that we didn't think the other options were better, despite having our backs to the board, but now I kinda wish we switched. Unfortunately, there's not a single season-ticket left for sale... and likely won't be for a few years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You mean that Reagins actually did something?

This is a fantastic move. Brings in a much needed bat, and with Napoli gone, HOPEFULLY Scioscia will wake up and give Mathis enough at bats to get into some kind of rhythm, or if Mathis can't cut it, it'll give Conger a chance to establish himself. Now, ideally, they'll try to trade Rivera for a closer or a bottom-of-the-rotation starter as a contingency for Kazmir flaming out again, putting Wells in left, keeping Bourjos in center, and then getting Damon or Podsednik to DH.

VmWIn6B.png

This is a fantastic move. Brings in a much needed bat, and with Napoli gone, HOPEFULLY Scioscia will wake up and give Mathis enough at bats to get into some kind of rhythm, or if Mathis can't cut it, it'll give Conger a chance to establish himself. Now, ideally, they'll try to trade Rivera for a closer or a bottom-of-the-rotation starter as a contingency for Kazmir flaming out again, putting Wells in left, keeping Bourjos in center, and then getting Damon or Podsednik to DH.

Have fun with that contract ^_^

1zqy8ok.gif

Meh. Moreno's been so stingy the last couple years that he has the cash. Plus the contract's down to four years and I'm sure the Jays are going to be paying a good chunk of it.

VmWIn6B.png

If you read the article, they traded Napoli AND Rivera for Wells.

I liked both Juan and Nap, but they were just way too inconsistent. Extremely streaky, both at the plate and in the field.

Wells is that bat they need for sure, and getting rid of Juan opens up that left spot, so the lineup will be the same. But we also lose another tradable asset in Juan, but oh well I guess.

I'd be fine with keeping Kazmir into the season, but they really need to get Damon or Podsednik for leadoff. However, just listening to what Scioscia and Reagins have said all along, I doubt they do anything else before Spring Training. They're comfortable with Izturis/Aybar or even Abreu or Kendrick leading off. And getting Damon or Podsednik creates that outfield logjam the Halos have always had. So, I'd say Reagins is done for now, unfortunately.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

In an essentially meaningless move to all fans outside of Minnesota (this includes St. Louis fans), Nick Punto has signed with the Cardinals. The era is over. Thankfully.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah, Rivera was added after the news just broke. In that case, even better! Just need that leadoff guy now.

Problem now is though, with Damon and Podsednik being the two legitmate options in free agency, where would they go? You've got Wells LF, Bourjos CF, Hunter RF, Abreu DH, and then what? If you get Damon or Podsednik, who of those guys do you take out? And any dreams of Vlad returning are gone because of that same problem.

I like the move, it just handcuffs us with our leadoff options.

Like I said before, I think this kinda cements Aybar/Izturis as the leadoff right now. Unless Reagins swings another trade, I don't see where they go from here.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If I had my way, I'd move Abreu to 3rd and had Aybar full-time at SS. I've never been a fan of Izturis, especially with how brittle he is, but even though he's a complete space cadet, Aybar at least has some promise at times.

VmWIn6B.png

Moreno had to open his yap and promise that he'll do whatever it takes to get back to the playoffs. Then when free agent after free agent sign elsewhere, he has the audacity to get all indignant at the fans and press for skewering him. He gets credit for making the Angels relevant, but hasn't really done anything. He bought a team that had just won the World Series, so it was built-in that attendance would rise. He spent millions to give the team the stupidest name in the history of sports, arguing that it would give his team more visibility and bring in more revenue. But for all the trouble he went through to attach the "LA" to the team, it cannot be found anywhere on the uniforms, or in the stadium. And it's been years since the name change, so you'd think they'd have some money to sign someone without "crippling" the franchise.

But hey, he lowered the cost of beer, I guess he's a great owner!

I guess Tampa figures since everybody in town is a Red Sox and Yankees fan anyway, they might as well bring in some Red Sox and Yankees.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived