NFL Network's Top Ten Uniforms

-(dp)-

On NFL Network right now, there is a top ten uniforms show. It is on again at 1 a.m. It seems they hold a lot of the opinions many of us do, as opposed to the opinions it seems the majority have. There was a much clearer image of Paul Brown with the Bengals prototype helmets than the pictures I have seen, which was interesting to see, since you could clearly see the logo that wasn't as easy to make out.

Just thought some of you guys might be interested in watching it.

Brandon would like it, his creamsicle Bucs got some love.

MegatronSig2.jpg

On NFL Network right now, there is a top ten uniforms show. It is on again at 1 a.m. It seems they hold a lot of the opinions many of us do, as opposed to the opinions it seems the majority have. There was a much clearer image of Paul Brown with the Bengals prototype helmets than the pictures I have seen, which was interesting to see, since you could clearly see the logo that wasn't as easy to make out.

Just thought some of you guys might be interested in watching it.

Brandon would like it, his creamsicle Bucs got some love.

Long ago, like the 80's, NFL films did have a designer talk about which uniforms he liked most. I think they spoke to Bill Blass and he really liked the stripes of the Bengals helmet.

watching it right now. how come we dont have any cheerleader uniform threads around here???

im guessing this is going to be all sports writers and players talking about these things? will be interesting to get their (normal people) perspectives on uniform design

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

they did cheerleaders at #10, pee-wee uniforms at #7 i think? #2 was all throwbacks and #1 was Chargers powder blue

for the most part i disagreed with the writers, and didnt really think the overall list was that great (really, the tangerine Buccs on a best-of-list?). it was nice to hear from the fashion designers though they were right on with their color analysis. but it was a cool show, very glad they did this. the usual Top 10 episodes arnt even worth discussing (To 10 clutch QBs; how do you measure something like that?) but this episode was fun

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

10. Cheerleader Uniforms

9. Bucs Creamsicles (They just talked :censored: about them)

8. Bengals Tiger Stripes

7. Browns (Same treatment as the Bucs)

6. Pee Wee Uniforms.....?

5.49ers of the 80's

4. Cowboys in white

3. Raiders

2. Throwbacks

1. Chargers powder blue

I hate gimmicky lists like this. Just rank the top 10 teams uniform sets, not this junk.

Paul Lukas used the BFBS, Monochrome, and piping terms, which was cool

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

10) Cheerleader uniforms in general

9) Bucs

8) Bengals

7) Browns

6) Pee-wee uniforms in general

5) 49ers

4) Cowboys (never mentioned the mismatched colors)

3) Raiders

2) Throwback unis in general

1) Chargers

They'd start with a good uniform from that team's history and then kind of go through a rundown of the team's uniform history. Paul Lukas and the fashion designer girls they had on were the only ones that knew anything. Everyone else was just like "those were cool omg"

Edit- Beat me to it.

10. Cheerleader Uniforms - Seriously?

9. Bucs Creamsicles - Abandoned for a uniform that would make any LEGIT list.

8. Bengals Tiger Stripes - Tell me these are great and keep a straight face...Didn't think so.

7. Browns - Yawn. Boring. Cleveland-ish.

6. Pee Wee Uniforms - Again...Seriously?

5. 49ers of the 80's - Great teams, yes. But the unis don't make me cream myself.

4. Cowboys in white - Can't go wrong with 129741 shades of blue and silver, right?

3. Raiders - Oh look, they finally nailed one!

2. Throwbacks - I hate this list.

1. Chargers powder blue - THESE ARE THROWBACKS, COEVERED AT #2!!! :censored: THIS.

6uXNWAo.png

Must have been a slow news day at NFL Network.

The list was utter crap.

If they named team and concepts it would have been a lot better.

Here's what a list should look like (this is just my opinion folks so don't hammer me on it)

10. Eagles present uniforms: took an iconic symbol and modernized it color-wise, style wise

9. Seahawks past and present. First with wrap-around logo, first to create a unique pantone color

8. Bucs. The list was right in this respect. It was a modern look at that time and incorporated the state's colors well

7. Rams: What can you say about the first team to wear a logo on its helmet and the first team in the 70's to modernize an old look?

6. Browns (70s): What can you say about doing something with nothing? The orange pants and white facemasks were good then, good now

5. Bills (70s) from the static Bill to a charging Bill,with an update of the uniforms. Good work

4. Redskins alternate 70th anniversary - Great look all around (I have two game jerseys and a game helmet - my favorites)

3. Saints - All their looks have been good from gold pants to white pants to black paints. Ihave one of the gold game worn alternate jerseys - they are not as bad as people say

2. San Diego (70s) back then the powder blues represented losing and a drug culture on the team. By mimicking the Rams, they put some life into a stale look

1. Dallas "Apex" Double star - updating an old look. I have one of the game worn jerseys - outstanding look

Must have been a slow news day at NFL Network.

The list was utter crap.

If they named team and concepts it would have been a lot better.

Here's what a list should look like (this is just my opinion folks so don't hammer me on it)

10. Eagles present uniforms: took an iconic symbol and modernized it color-wise, style wise

9. Seahawks past and present. First with wrap-around logo, first to create a unique pantone color

8. Bucs. The list was right in this respect. It was a modern look at that time and incorporated the state's colors well

7. Rams: What can you say about the first team to wear a logo on its helmet and the first team in the 70's to modernize an old look?

6. Browns (70s): What can you say about doing something with nothing? The orange pants and white facemasks were good then, good now

5. Bills (70s) from the static Bill to a charging Bill,with an update of the uniforms. Good work

4. Redskins alternate 70th anniversary - Great look all around (I have two game jerseys and a game helmet - my favorites)

3. Saints - All their looks have been good from gold pants to white pants to black paints. Ihave one of the gold game worn alternate jerseys - they are not as bad as people say

2. San Diego (70s) back then the powder blues represented losing and a drug culture on the team. By mimicking the Rams, they put some life into a stale look

1. Dallas "Apex" Double star - updating an old look. I have one of the game worn jerseys - outstanding look

Their list was crap, but I can't say much for yours either.

That Dallas double star mess? I hear people giving that love... I just don't get it.

10. Cheerleader Uniforms - Seriously?

9. Bucs Creamsicles - Abandoned for a uniform that would make any LEGIT list.

8. Bengals Tiger Stripes - Tell me these are great and keep a straight face...Didn't think so.

7. Browns - Yawn. Boring. Cleveland-ish.

6. Pee Wee Uniforms - Again...Seriously?

5. 49ers of the 80's - Great teams, yes. But the unis don't make me cream myself.

4. Cowboys in white - Can't go wrong with 129741 shades of blue and silver, right?

3. Raiders - Oh look, they finally nailed one!

2. Throwbacks - I hate this list.

1. Chargers powder blue - THESE ARE THROWBACKS, COEVERED AT #2!!! :censored: THIS.

OMMMMMGGGG LETS GET PISSED OFF ABOUT A TV SHOW!!!!!! OKAY!!!!!AWESOME!!!!

Archived