New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I wish they had gone further with the jerseys. The logo, wordmark, and color combo are out there (not in a bad way) but the trim is quite conservative.

I was hoping the jerseys would be more artsy and different to go with the artsy and different logo, wordmark, and colors. That they're not kind of clashes with the aforementioned elements.

These kind of feel like a compromise.

It almost feels like they went with the Goldilocks school of uniform design. They didn't want their uniforms to be too hot (experimental), too cold (conservative) and tried to be just right.

Instead of just right, they're just meh.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida is the state of bad logos.

I'm embarassed. That logo is just awful.

I love orange and black. I think orange, teal, and black would be awesome. But all the colors look stupid.

All in all the colors wouldn't be as much of an issue if it wasn't for the way they are all over the place, too many in the logo, as well as that stupid abstract marlin.

They should have changed the name too, I don't see a freaking marlin. I see some stupid acid trip gone wrong attempt at a logo. It really is a very poor design, you can barely tell it's supposed to be a marlin. If you showed people who had no clue what they were looking at, I doubt many would even say there's a fish in the logo as they would with the old one. This is all about pushing the Miami name I guess. Only one of the jerseys even says Marlins on it? Are you kidding me?

So we now have a series of huge downgrades in this state.

Lightning, Devil Rays, and now the Marlins. Such a shame all three teams now look like my dogs fecal matter.

Also, just saw Loria said it would say "hola Miami"...? What a clown. Well since all but one say Marlins on them, he only has to put los on one jersey. I'm suprised they didn't just put los on there permanantely.

2ly2w09.jpg

this is what i would do

2qd4r9i.png

i40l4z.png2ro50nn.png

leave the orange alone i guess. i think it looks better with white

and if i had a picture of the black alt, i would also change the script to black and have the piping silver like the outline of the cap's M

No. The M looks much better with white on the black backdrop. The logo doesn't pop as much with black.

Dear God, this new Marlins set is atrocious. I miss the old set already. This Marlins set looks like an April Fools joke or something from a cheap movie. These unis barely would look good in little league or the minor leagues. The least they could have done is toned down the black a little more - if you're going "festive," then go "festive." Don't half-ass it. I would be shocked if these last longterm.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I think the new uniforms are ok...They are original which I like but there was something about that original Teal set that stood out. In fact I own an original all teal cap and road jersey. some of you Marlin Fans might call me bandwagen but ever since 2000 the Marlins have been my second fav team, ive rooted for them in every game since then as I have with the Dodgers. There was even a time when they had my fav player they become 1a and 1b in my mind up there with the dodgers. Hopefully in the next 5 or 10 years when the Marlins celebrate their 25th and 30th season they'll keep up with the trend happening in the MLB and have a throwback day promotion like the Angels did this past year or like the Padres did last year wear they wear their old great teal sets.

On a side note...what is interesting is both Florida teams have gone from wearing very original uniforms in the late 90's in these

vea488i5x9x51f9ekre4ft9u3.gift8twpeyegsvrrqqu6iglgk8r9.gif

to these

cafpjtc98j8u502xh30trah37.gif

15yb7hhhe0beagfozqz7fx531.gif

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Definitely a punchline look. Sheesh. They're liable to be a decent team this year depending on who they can pick up but it's hard to take them seriously. Maybe after a season or so.

Now, back to the important stuff: were there any Mermaids at the unveiling?

Other than the color scheme, I think this is an upgrade in every way over both the previous set and the originals.

Don't like the custom numbers, but I prefer block numbers as a rule.

Not sure about the orange. I would have preferred light blue, but even so this is a beautiful set.

Orange Cap = Great

Everything Else = Crap

Inconsistent scripts. Unbalanced wordmarks. Horrid number fonts. Terrible colour placement/distribution. These belong in AA T-Ball. Not even a 15 year old would wear this :censored: .

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Official color palette:

MiamiMarlins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I'm noticing a lot of bad color reproductions...especially in regards to the Red-Orange. The Red-Orange should match what I've posted above.

(It's a "Warm Red" afterall...)

The black uni isn't bad, but I think it's a bad idea. A black jersey in the Miami sun? Ugh!

The orange jersey is probably the only one I like. But the back, numbers and letters, need to be white, not black. All this white on the front, and none on the back look out of place.

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

The black uni isn't bad, but I think it's a bad idea. A black jersey in the Miami sun? Ugh!

The orange jersey is probably the only one I like. But the back, numbers and letters, need to be white, not black. All this white on the front, and none on the back look out of place.

The marlins are going to be playing in a retractable roof park. The roof will e closed for approximately 70% of the games.

Did the team say how they'd be using the jerseys? Will the orange & black alts get home or road use designations, or are they planning on using them both for games in Miami and on the road?

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Here are the textile colors (using the Pantone-specified color descriptions):

MiamiMarlins_FRC_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

I had to match the road uniform color myself...not sure if it's an exact match to what they will actually be wearing.

Alright, here's my thoughts after the unveiling:

- My opinion regarding the orange didn't change. I may be in the minority, but that orange just doesn't work for me, not on the hat nor the jersey. Again, if every uniform element that was orange was replaced with that light blue, it'd make the set 1000x better. Light blue trim. Light blue alt and hat. Even light blue jacket inserts. Right now, they just look like a kewl version of the Giants or Orioles.

- WTH is wrong with those numbers?? Is that modified Rockwell?? The numbers don't match at all, and just look slapped on for kicks and giggles. They should have been a font closer to the wordmark, and the colors should've matched the wordmark as well on some jerseys (ex: why not white numbers on both alts?).

- I actually rather like the white script on the grey roads. It's bordered by enough color that it works really well.

- Funny thing, I really liked what I saw of the jerseys (except the orange alt) when I saw them from the front. Then I saw them from the back, and it was a disaster. Like a whole different jersey. And aside from my dislike for the orange, therein lies my biggest problem with the set - its glaring inconsistencies between the front and back. It's pretty sad when when I watch the unveiling and think "hey! Not bad!", then see a player turn around and go "oh, now that's bad...".

All in all, the set gets...a C+ from me. It has it's really great things going for it (the wordmarks, logo, and black cap are fantastic, really), but it also has it's bad things that pull it down (TOO much orange and not enough light blue, numbers that don't match in font or color, terrible inconsistencies, etc). Honestly, if those things were fixed, this set might've been a favorite of mine. As it is now, it's just another set that fell short.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived