New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Floating around Twitter via user @LesPantin

Ad7gYb-CIAADeNi.jpg

As much as I hate the logo...that jersey's actually not half bad.

It does somehow look better in a photo than the illustration we've seen. Not sure why.

Because it's blurry enough to obscure all the clunky, mismatched chunks of color?

Good point. Now that I look closer, I notice that the M is actually the multicolor while the other letters are not. That's going to look bad when it clears up.

The other letters appear multi-color too, just... different.

I kind of like that - the blur helps, but I like the effect of the colors around the solid black. It reminds me of something very specific... but for the life of me I can't figure out what. Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised that I like it based on that pic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's a colored drop shadow on "IAMI", looks to be orange on the jerseys. And it says "Miami" on the friggin' home jersey. We know it's Miami. At least put Marlins on there dammit! They couldn't even get that right. They went from having "Marlins" on the home and road for no reason the last two years to having "Miami" on both now.

:cursing:

There's a colored drop shadow on "IAMI", looks to be orange on the jerseys. And it says "Miami" on the friggin' home jersey. We know it's Miami. At least put Marlins on there dammit! They couldn't even get that right. They went from having "Marlins" on the home and road for no reason the last two years to having "Miami" on both now.

I'm glad I'm not a Marlins fan. Hopefully you guys like it, but to me, they just tried to be too unique. They lost their consistency in the wordmarks. It looks like mis-match of colors. When you have a color scheme, it needs to be distributed throughout the uniforms as efficently as possible. I'm seeing two different wordmarks in that picture and they are both the opposite of what they should be :wacko:

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Random thought: those letters almost look like you're supposed to put on 3D glasses before you look at them. Maybe the Marlins want the folks with 3D TVs to really notice their word mark. :P

Okay, yes, that's pretty stupid and undoubtedly not true (and it probably doesn't even make sense). But it would be kind of cool.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

So we're what? 24 hours from the demise of the Florida Marlins and the return of 1984 to South Florida?

miami-vice1.jpg

(I had to make sure it was around in 1984 ^_^)

To be honest Don Johnson and GTA Vice City were the two things that I was thinking of when I said that (even though Vice City was 86 I believe).

And that outfield display should seriously lead to a public execution for whomever designed it. It offends my toilet for christsakes.

The best thing to come out of this is the Miami moniker. Florida made sense pre-Tampa when they represented the entire state. Now that it's no longer the case...

The original Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was set in 1986, but it's prequel, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - released for the PS2 and PSP in 2006-07 - was set in 1984.

spacer.png

Unfortunately, Texas Texases is spreading.

spacer.png

I like the lettering across the chest. Looks better than I thought it would be, to be honest.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived