NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Here's a closer look at the Islanders 40th Anniversary logo

40th_Anniversary_Logo_Patch.jpg

Three guesses as to what the four stars symbolize -- and the first two guesses don't count.

The number of threats made by Charles B. Wang when considering to move the Isles to Kansas City, Hartford, Queens or Brooklyn.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second, the triangle is good symbolism in the vein of the Penguins' triangle, if it's interpreted as representing San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose. I don't know if that's the intent, but I always thought that was kind of the idea, what with the west, east, and south points and all.

I thought it was more to do with the "Red Triangle" off the coast of Northern California.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

So with all that Mighty Ducks talk last page, I thought I'd also post an NHL 12 update.

Look what NHL 12 producer Sean Ramjagsingh posted today: http://yfrog.com/h3311vtj

If you can't see me, I'm doing a happy dance.

I WANT FISHSTICKS!!! Those were great, not even kidding, sans the logo they were Awesome

Thank god the Devils X-Mas tree jerseys are finally going to be included!

70389454.png

So with all that Mighty Ducks talk last page, I thought I'd also post an NHL 12 update.

Look what NHL 12 producer Sean Ramjagsingh posted today: http://yfrog.com/h3311vtj

If they put in the picasso era Coyotes jerseys it would make me the happiest person. I wish i knew how to effectively contact EA but they are not easy to reach...

I too prefer the triangle for the Sharks. The full-body just looks akward without it. I know, silly reasoning, but I just can't look at the full-body without thinking "gahh! It needs the triangle!"

Also regarding the Sharks, it's time to brighten the teal and ditch the orange on the uniforms. The teal and black look much better with silver than they do with that orange, in my humble opinion.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I too prefer the triangle for the Sharks. The full-body just looks akward without it. I know, silly reasoning, but I just can't look at the full-body without thinking "gahh! It needs the triangle!"

Also regarding the Sharks, it's time to brighten the teal and ditch the orange on the uniforms. The teal and black look much better with silver than they do with that orange, in my humble opinion.

Agree. I kind of though the pre-edge sharks jerseys were a "modern classic", clearly the logos needed some work but I loved the striping / color balance on the uniforms. Also loved the number font. They moved a step forward with the logos, but a step backward with the decision to bring in orange and use a traditional striping scheme. Coming into the league in the 90s in a west coast market are not characteristics of a traditional team.

Wait.........

That link has the Devils current Edge red jersey and it's listed as "Away".

Could this mean the NHL finally goes back to white at home this year?

that's not the current red edge jersey...

that's the red and green vintage throwback. probably says "vintage away" since that sweater was never a home.

Agree. I kind of though the pre-edge sharks jerseys were a "modern classic", clearly the logos needed some work but I loved the striping / color balance on the uniforms. Also loved the number font. They moved a step forward with the logos, but a step backward with the decision to bring in orange and use a traditional striping scheme. Coming into the league in the 90s in a west coast market are not characteristics of a traditional team.

I think the sharks need to ditch the black... its a nice accent as of now...but not a main color. The full body shark is much better than the triangle version .... if you do brighten the teal and swap out the orange for grey it would be very nice....possibly a grey 3rd could be nice there are no greys that I can remember in the NHL

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Wait.........

That link has the Devils current Edge red jersey and it's listed as "Away".

Could this mean the NHL finally goes back to white at home this year?

I think it's just because the Devils are the away team that game and they picked the red edge jerseys to wear. The NHL won't be going back to white at home.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

that's not the current red edge jersey...

that's the red and green vintage throwback. probably says "vintage away" since that sweater was never a home.

This is correct.

The vintage jerseys are always labeled "Home" or "Road" based on what they were when they were used back in the day.

Their pre-Edge set was alright, but the teal was to dark. I prefer the shade/design of their original set with recoloured versions of the current logos.

I don't think the template Dallas went with is all that bad, but a green version of the current third as a new home uniform, as various concepts here have shown, would make for a pretty awesome jersey.

That said, I also like what the Iowa Stars did with their uniforms. If Dallas for whatever reason don't plan on sticking with their current template in the near future, I'd love to see them do something like this:

thb_timonen_iowa.JPG

Are those Edge templates? I can seem to remember if the Iowa Stars were around when they came out.

I know it MAY be a little early, but I felt like I had to jump on this.

My roommate who works in a hockey shop here in Phoenix just got the new Reebok catalog in for next year.

He said there are multiple uniform changes coming for next year, based on what is in that catalog.

Here's the exact text he sent me:

"Islanders new third. Kings are changing their 3 jerseys. Tampa is changing up their home and aways. Toronto is getting a new third. Edmonton is getting a new home. Florida is changing up the home and away. Pittsburgh new third. Predators new home and away. Senators new third. Dallas new third and Atlanta new third"

This is straight from the catalog, and if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the catalog has been a pretty good indicator of what is going to be coming out for the next season.

Should be pretty interesting. Any thoughts?

It's probably safe to say it now, especially since the team's no longer here....

Atlanta's proposed new alternate jersey was going to be.....black.

While it was a decent looking jersey (better than the red alternate jersey), it was a definite BFBS.

Archived