NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably safe to say it now, especially since the team's no longer here....

Atlanta's proposed new alternate jersey was going to be.....black.

While it was a decent looking jersey (better than the red alternate jersey), it was a definite BFBS.

Any chance we will ever see pics of it or can you give us more description? Atlanta had announced at the end of the season that they would have no third for the upcoming season (if they had remained in Atlanta).

Any chance we will ever see pics of it or can you give us more description? Atlanta had announced at the end of the season that they would have no third for the upcoming season (if they had remained in Atlanta).

I'll have to dig through old work emails to see if I kept it. It was the jersey that the owners were leaning towards before scrapping the alternates altogether.

The crest was the Thrashers' main logo (which really popped on a black jersey) and was less-busy than most other jerseys. As far as I know of, no actual jersey was made....just computer-image designs.

The shoulders and shade of teal changed during the pre edge jerseys:

SxvtJ.jpg

NDi4U.jpg

on3t7.jpg

---

I dont think the Sharks are going to lose the orange because they use this logo a lot:

o9917fcegyg9neu0akis.gif

Its on their pants and a lot of marketing stuff and it was "inspired" from this

qq3vj.gif

Previously this is was appeared on the pants:

150px-SanJoseSharksAlternate.png

And it was from the shoulder patch of their original jerseys.

I dont know what point I'm trying to make but it seems that the orange was added for secondary logos and such.

I'll have to dig through old work emails to see if I kept it. It was the jersey that the owners were leaning towards before scrapping the alternates altogether.

The crest was the Thrashers' main logo (which really popped on a black jersey) and was less-busy than most other jerseys. As far as I know of, no actual jersey was made....just computer-image designs.

I can assure you that if you find the pic, I will make sure that the jersey is created.

I can assure you that if you find the pic, I will make sure that the jersey is created.

Only if I get multiple jerseys for free.

I haven't paid much attention here in the last week or two, but what's the latest on the Stars' alternate?

They first said that they were planning an alternate based on the old Minnesota North Stars' jerseys, then with their ownership change/in limbo, they called it off.

The main question I had was that the new owner (Gaglardi, I think) has essentially agreed to buy the team, or is in the 30-day exclusive period. If the Winnipeg Jets haven't unveiled their uniforms, then wouldn't a possible Stars alternate not entirely be out of the question for this next year?

BTW, one of the right paths the Stars could make is to do something like the AHL's Iowa Stars, if they keep their gold metallic and drop the black.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

w-pg54.jpg

This was just an incredible jersey matchup! Talk about contrasting styles.

As for the talk about the Sharks, I can't believe people are saying the Pre-Edge identity was better than the current. Those contrasting mesh side panels of the teal jersey looked awful and Ice Cap was right about the teal being too dark. The new jerseys on the other hand look great even with orange striping. Just remove the front numbers and you've got perfection!

The Sharks may be a 1990s expantion team but they're at least spiritually related to the Oakland Seals, one of the "Next Six" expansion franchises. Plus they play in the San Francisco Bay Area, a traditional market. These factors lead me to believe that a traditional design is more fitting for the Sharks.

Different lighting and different cameras in all three photos create the illusion the colors are different.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I haven't paid much attention here in the last week or two, but what's the latest on the Stars' alternate?

They first said that they were planning an alternate based on the old Minnesota North Stars' jerseys, then with their ownership change/in limbo, they called it off.

The main question I had was that the new owner (Gaglardi, I think) has essentially agreed to buy the team, or is in the 30-day exclusive period. If the Winnipeg Jets haven't unveiled their uniforms, then wouldn't a possible Stars alternate not entirely be out of the question for this next year?

BTW, one of the right paths the Stars could make is to do something like the AHL's Iowa Stars, if they keep their gold metallic and drop the black.

the alternate jersey is completely on hold (as is most other things) until the ownership situation is official resolved.

gaglardi was reported to be in the 30-day exclusive period, but i believe he's been in it for more than 30-days. and just about every report about the sale of the team says that they're going to go through an exaggerated bankruptcy auction, like the texas rangers, just to ensure that the new owner doesn't have to put up with any of tom hick's debt that he acquired by using the stars as collateral for his loans.

so we're not quite sure who the new owner will be. just that gaglardi is the most likely candidate. but we still don't have any clue when it will be finalized, and as such, the team has put EVERYTHING on hold (except for reaching the salary floor, which we did with a random shopping spree for 4 hours on canada day).

my gut (which is probably a little more tuned-in to the behind the scenes of my favorite team than most) says that we're just biding time until everything is straightened out, and the stars can return to green home jerseys. the shade quite possibly of the kelly variety, but i guess a lot of that rests on the shoulders of the new owner and if he wants to nitpick what nieuwendyk/hull/jackson/gulutzan have in mind for this team.

Different lighting and different cameras in all three photos create the illusion the colors are different.

The colours didn't change rather the materials did. Initially the sleeve/shoulder striping was done in a metallic material. The Silver in particular was done in the same reflective material Nashville used on their old Home and Away jerseys. The metallic materials were later dropped and replaced with the regular air knit material. Hence the difference.

Here are some photos of the jerseys I own..

This the first jersey:

rctWZ.jpg

This is the second jersey of this style with mesh under arms and non shinny grey area

4M3Rv.jpg

Comparing the two teals, call me crazy but I notice a difference

CxCqw.jpg

0MVZz.jpg

The tag on the collar

BNk6A.jpg

The CCM logo on the back of the jereys

3ufdF.jpg

It's probably safe to say it now, especially since the team's no longer here....

While it was a decent looking jersey (better than the red alternate jersey), it was a definite BFBS.

Ah, so just like the roster, then.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ah, so just like the roster, then.

ZING!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived