super bowl XLV to be played on grass

duma

Does that 93K count the suites and if it does I call bs.

Why wouldn't it? You need a ticket to get in the building, even if your destination is a suite.

True, but I have seen the suites as the wild card in the seating capacity count from the point that can hold more people then what they say they can. And if I am wrong, I am wrong, I just don't put anything past Jerry even if the NFL is running the show.

I highly doubt that - these buildings have fire codes, and a maximum capacity. The records might not be readily public, but the revenues are shared, and all owners have a financial stake. If the League inflates the numbers, they'll need the owners to sign off on cooked books that don't reflect the amount of money raised.

Skepticism is a precious thing, so long as you can avoid paranoia.

I thought that suite revenue didn't count toward revenue sharing nor official attendance.

Pretty sure it does for the Super Bowl.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI...if anyone is interested- WFAA.com (a Dallas TV station) has a slideshow you can access on the main page showcasing Jerry's playground transformation for the game.-some great field level shots of the decor on the field as well as the stadium itself....pretty groovy.

Thanks for the tip. Coupla interesting notes in that slideshow. Says "The NFL midfield logo and the two nearby Super Bowl LXV logos appear on 15-yard and 10-yard wide sections of new turf." And shows a picture with the caption, "Today the new turf is taller than the rest of the turf on the Cowboys Stadium field because the other turf already has experienced two seasons of use."

E1+1-27.JPG

I thought Jerry had three seperate fields for the Stadium, one with no markings for occasions like this. Is that just the college field with the wider hashmarks?

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

FYI...if anyone is interested- WFAA.com (a Dallas TV station) has a slideshow you can access on the main page showcasing Jerry's playground transformation for the game.-some great field level shots of the decor on the field as well as the stadium itself....pretty groovy.

Thanks for the tip. Coupla interesting notes in that slideshow. Says "The NFL midfield logo and the two nearby Super Bowl LXV logos appear on 15-yard and 10-yard wide sections of new turf." And shows a picture with the caption, "Today the new turf is taller than the rest of the turf on the Cowboys Stadium field because the other turf already has experienced two seasons of use."

E1+1-27.JPG

I thought Jerry had three separate fields for the Stadium, one with no markings for occasions like this. Is that just the college field with the wider hashmarks?

He does. The college/HS turf has a sans-serif number font and the soccer pitch is just that, a soccer pitch. Since the turf rolled out in six to seven yard wide increments, it is easy to have four rolls ordered and made for this game.

Giants played with both Red (XXI, XXV) and Blue (XXXV, XLII)

Bears had Orange (XX) and Blue (XLI)

Patriots had Red (XX, XXXI) and Blue (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII)

Eagles had Silver (XV) and Green (XXXIX)

Broncos had Orange (XII, XXI, XXII, XXIV) and Blue (XXXII, XXXIII)

Packers had Gold (I, II) and Green (XXXI, XXXII, XLV)

Dolphins had Aqua (VI, VII, VIII, XVII) and Coral Orange (XIX)

Rams had Gold (XIV, XXXIV) and Blue (XXXVI)

Vikings had purple (IV) and Gold/Yellow (VIII, IX, XI)

So the only teams to switch without switching color schemes were the Giants, Bears, Packers, Viking and Dolphins. Thanks everyone.

Denver didn't switch color schemes per se, but switching from Orange/Royal Blue to Navy Blue/Orange was a pretty significant swap, which I'd almost call a color scheme switch (which I'd say was probably the impetus behind the change in endzone color).

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

on the seating

B4+1-27.JPG

NFL officials say they expect game attendance to top 105,000 for a new Super Bowl record. Today the media could see installed bleacher seats that usually span open pedestrian ramps.

Looks like Rashad Mendenhall has already started playing, according to the LED ribbon.

bSLCtu2.png

I am starting to think that even though the North TX bid committee gave the NFL a capacity of 93,321, this could have been a "work" by Roger Goodell and Jerry Jones with the help of David Stern. The NBA ASG was used to get the additional seating correct on the concourses but knew that they would add seats to the "Party Plazas" and even remove the armrests to add an additional seat or two per row.

Those areas to the left of Dirk now have temporary seats too.

ASG2.jpg

It seems from the WFAA photos that they're using the non-gradient version of the SB logo.

D3+1-27.JPG

From the looks of this pic, it looks like they're going with the 5-color logo.

164584_500369556031_693636031_6465313_344867_n.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Then again it looks like they are really getting as much detail as possible. Might not be the main primary logo with gradients but it might get close. We will have to keep searching for pics

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

on the seating

B4+1-27.JPG

NFL officials say they expect game attendance to top 105,000 for a new Super Bowl record. Today the media could see installed bleacher seats that usually span open pedestrian ramps.

Looks like Rashad Mendenhall has already started playing, according to the LED ribbon.

Setting some records too. :P

Those benches remind me of Tulane Stadium. All the seats were benches, except wood instead of aluminum. Trust me, your a** knew you'd been to a game after three hours of that.

Speaking of, and related to the most recent posts, here's a (crappy) pic of the Cowboys' end zone from the one I went to, SB VI in '72 (not my pic):

jan8.jpg

Turning back to this year, can you imagine paying $1000-2000+ for tickets and sitting on a metal bench? Of course, one time when I went to Saints-Falcons in the Georgia Dome, my $80 "seat" turned out to be a metal folding chair they'd set up in an open area designed for people in wheelchairs. :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

on the seating

B4+1-27.JPG

I foresee a seating collapse during the game.

87Redskins.png

on the seating

B4+1-27.JPG

Why? This is not uncommon at all. The Eagles have done this in the SRO areas a couple of times to boost attendance (before building permenant non-seating structures there.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

on the seating

B4+1-27.JPG

Why? This is not uncommon at all. The Eagles have done this in the SRO areas a couple of times to boost attendance (before building permenant non-seating structures there.)

Because it's Jerrah's house. There will also be a game-altering punt block by the Jerrytron. :P

87Redskins.png

Archived