super bowl XLV to be played on grass

duma

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new system-style logo looked awful on the field.

The field was horrible, the silver Superbowl logo looked like it was given a once over. As someone stated previously, the Cotton Bowl field was miles and miles head. Please go back to unique logos that represent the city in which the Superbowl is being played.

That didnt look like a grass field to me

lol.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When the teams were near the goal line and Fox had their sideline cam on, looking right down the goal line, I noticed that the curved bottoms in the C and S in "PACKERS" were sitting lower than the remainder of the letters. I could not tell if those were just misplaced stencils or or if the letters were actually larger. Stuck out badly to me...then annoyed me the rest of the game!

87Redskins.png

When the teams were near the goal line and Fox had their sideline cam on, looking right down the goal line, I noticed that the curved bottoms in the C and S in "PACKERS" were sitting lower than the remainder of the letters. I could not tell if those were just misplaced stencils or or if the letters were actually larger. Stuck out badly to me...then annoyed me the rest of the game!

I noticed the same thing but it appears it may have always been that way.

521568120UzsfMo_fs.jpg

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=565

They did it correctly. Paint crew is awesome!

iq5b7nF.png

I'm sorry, but watching this game, the field looks horrible between the endzones. The Super Bowl logo is the worst of all. I don't know which is worse, the fact that it looks so bad on the field or the fact that we have to put up with it again for the next several years.

It might just be me, I hate domed stadiums and especially the Super Bowl in domes.

Maybe it's an optical illusion, but some stretches looked like they were worn out, esp the 25 yard line areas on both sides. Kinda resembled wet turf that hasn't finished drying yet. Haven't noticed this type of discoloration at New Meadowlands or other stadiums. I seem to recall an article before the game saying the areas where the NFL shield/Trophy emblems would be located would look different because they haven't been played on for two years.

73204510.jpg

That's newly installed field turf. It was used for the Super Bowl logos and the NFL logo.

If that's the case then they should've gotten the turf with the logos sewn in. It would've looked like a super bowl field should look. Bright, and clean, and much sharper than we saw last night.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The ascending curves on Os, Ss, Gs, Qs and Cs usually drop below the baseline on any decent font.

The ascending curves on Os, Ss, Gs, Qs and Cs usually drop below the baseline on any decent font.

Correct. They also extend above the top line. If the tip of the curve hit right at the top line and the base line, the 'C' and the 'S' would visually appear too small.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I still say the NFC logo looks odd without the serif on the bottom right. http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=rkqnfgtgwky3sf8viwrmze8me

Especially awkward when outlined in white.

Most serif Ns are like that. Check that; almost all serif Ns are like that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm sorry, but watching this game, the field looks horrible between the endzones. The Super Bowl logo is the worst of all. I don't know which is worse, the fact that it looks so bad on the field or the fact that we have to put up with it again for the next several years.

It might just be me, I hate domed stadiums and especially the Super Bowl in domes.

Maybe it's an optical illusion, but some stretches looked like they were worn out, esp the 25 yard line areas on both sides. Kinda resembled wet turf that hasn't finished drying yet. Haven't noticed this type of discoloration at New Meadowlands or other stadiums. I seem to recall an article before the game saying the areas where the NFL shield/Trophy emblems would be located would look different because they haven't been played on for two years.

73204510.jpg

That's because they used new sections of turf for the Super Bowl logos, the NFL logo at midfield and the endzones. The rest of the field was the regular field used by the Dallas Cowboys.

Is natural grass supposed to be that slick? I saw several players slip-sliding on the field.

No. But then again they were playing on artificial turf (actually, Sportfield Softtop), not natural grass.

Not at the super bowl.. but figured it was worth a look...

Mohegan Sun Arena

Wilkes-Barre, PA

167174_485998031383_25795361383_6020484_8068283_n.jpg

Wow...the arena name at center ice is really badly done...how hard would it have been to set it up like this:

MOHEGAN SUN ARENA (around the top)

AT CASEY PLAZA (centered around the bottom)

And has there ever been a study to see if using decals under the ice instead of painting leads to poorer surface conditions?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that in addition to the NFL and Super Bowl logos having new turf, the endzone areas had new turf which extended out to the two yard line. Also that two yard section is the area where Charles Woodson, coincidentally?, broke his collar bone.

I can't find a good source but I have been hearing on other sites that the new turf sections were not the same brand as the rest of the field, again I can't confirm this at the moment. The turf at Cowboy Stadium is also notorious for injuries and is what many people believe what cause Tony Romo to go down.

On a side note i really hated the transparent Super Bowl logo. I mean come on, it's the F'n Super Bowl, don't half-ass it and allow the yard lines and hash marks to show through.

Also why would they create a new standard logo with gradients knowing that it would have to be reproduced on turf, embroidered caps, and the jerseys themselves?

Archived