super bowl XLV to be played on grass

duma

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still feel the A and N conference logos need to be as high as the team wordmarks.

They look like miniature logos.

Some wordmarks need outlines.

The Bears and Saints did.

An outline on the Packers may muddle up the look, seeing as how close together the letters are.

I don't think the Steelers need the outline.

sig-1.png

Not at the super bowl.. but figured it was worth a look...

Mohegan Sun Arena

Wilkes-Barre, PA

167174_485998031383_25795361383_6020484_8068283_n.jpg

How did they do that? It looks like its on a thin top layer of ice..

You've got no idea on how a sheet of ice is laid (or re-cut). Do you?

Youtube.

Even better he doesn't have to go searching now.

Not at the super bowl.. but figured it was worth a look...

Mohegan Sun Arena

Wilkes-Barre, PA

167174_485998031383_25795361383_6020484_8068283_n.jpg

How did they do that? It looks like its on a thin top layer of ice..

You've got no idea on how a sheet of ice is laid (or re-cut). Do you?

Youtube.

Even better he doesn't have to go searching now.

Wow thanks for posting a video of a process that I'm well aware of. If you watch the video you notice that the paint is one of the first things applied to the ice before a massive flooding is done to the rink. Notice how the Steelers logo is bright colors and all the other logos are faded? Its because they were painted on different layers of ice.

wasn't painted. Was a plastic decal sheet.

Yes.

Most NHL Teams are using decals under the ice rather than painting the logos. Im not sure about the technology of the decal, but if someone has some infrormation on that it would be interesting.

RockiesSig.png

Time out...they actually took the time to add detailed star emblems and red/blue adornments to the AFC/NFC sides of the stands??? :blink:

(And oh by the way, it looks like they went one red star too far on the GB side of the stands...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm sorry, but watching this game, the field looks horrible between the endzones. The Super Bowl logo is the worst of all. I don't know which is worse, the fact that it looks so bad on the field or the fact that we have to put up with it again for the next several years.

It might just be me, I hate domed stadiums and especially the Super Bowl in domes.

dolphins2.png

I didn't think this Super Bowl's field was up to the usual standards. The NFL shield and game logos were applied poorly as was the Steelers' yellow endzone. During the Cotton bowl the logos on the field are of the sewn-in variety and it looks so much clearer and sharper. I find it strange they would go to those measures for the Cotton Bowl, but not the Super Bowl when they're played on the same surface.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived