2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

The latest release by Clumsy Beej received a 7.3 on Pitchfork.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ He's on a roll.

The band at my school was a massive cult-like institution who didn't speak to the rest of the student body, but I'm pretty sure they were getting it on more than anyone else. Not that you'd want to get it on with any of the band chicks.

Anyways, Cleveland is toast. They're not coming back from this because they're just not that good. They played over their heads for the first month and a half and have been woefully mediocre ever since. I trust the last 4 months more than I do the crazy run they had to start the season with a healthy roster. Their win/loss is only a game better than the Reds, who have been awful this year. Thanks to the obnoxiousness of Cleveland fans on twitter, facebook, and this site, if the Reds still manage to finish with a better record I will laugh all Winter long.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Listen to all of this baseball talk.

Anyhow, I hope the rest of the Central tosses the Indians aside like they are no threat. We are not out of it til we are out of it. Everyone seemed to lose to below .500 teams this last week. (or at least just the Yankees.)

Did anyone see those pitcures from the first Marlins/Reds game? That was brutal. I really feel for the Marlins players and staff.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Especially since the owner's taking in millions in revenue sharing and using it to buy shiny trinkets for Hanley Ramirez.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Did anyone see those pitcures from the first Marlins/Reds game? That was brutal. I really feel for the Marlins players and staff.

I watched the game with the sound off and music playing because the silence from the crowd was annoying. I'm not being hyperbolous when I say that I think I played in front of more people when I was in high school.

I guess there's no incentive to go that awful baseball park to see a bad team when you're getting a sparkly new yard next season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What are those anti-terror barriers he keeps referencing?

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Finally official per Angels broadcaster Victor Rojas on twitter:

@VictorRojas29: "Santana tomorrow & Weaver on Sunday is now official #Angels"

So not that I wasn't already, but officially pumped.

Both on three days rest is not that surprising. The LAA needs Downs to be good for their pen, plus after this series, they go to SEA where it is much easier to win. It could work, but it also could backfire in team psychology, but there is still another month left to play.

Both on three days rest is not that surprising. The LAA needs Downs to be good for their pen, plus after this series, they go to SEA where it is much easier to win. It could work, but it also could backfire in team psychology, but there is still another month left to play.

It's only surprising because it's the first time in both of their careers doing it, and it's very un-Scioscia-like. And I'd rather have Joel Pinero and Jerome Williams going against the Mariners than the Rangers, so that's still a good thing.

And I don't see how it back fires psychologically. If anything thing, it gives them a psychological boost. They have confidence having their 3 best pitchers out in the biggest series of the season. It gives them that extra energy because the Scioscia is "going for it all."

And this also works out better for this final month of the season, because you're keeping those top 3 starters in a row. And if I remember right, for the final 3 games of the season against Texas, only one of the three was going to start if the rotation stayed the same. On paper this is a good idea, or it could backfire on this series. Either way, I think this defines the rest of the season for the AL West.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Victor Rojas I cant believe he is announcing in the majors, once upon a time he did games on a local college station for the independent Newark Bears.

As to the real reason I posted is the new Miami Stadium by American Airlines Arena? They look a little a like.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

What are those anti-terror barriers he keeps referencing?

The concrete terracing on the ground to stop would-be car bombs.

I just want to know where the mall and the cineplex and the 50 different Jimmy Buffet chain restaurants will go.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Vin Scully has announced that he will be back to call a 63rd consecutive season as the Dodgers play-by-play man. Still one of the best in the game.

During interleague, I make it a point to watch the Dodgers/Angels games on the Dodger feed. Vin always provides a fresh (and almost better look) at the Halos than our own broadcasters. Great news. Absolute legend.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived