2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Thank god we got Cleveland at home.

Yeah but aren't you using Verlander tonight? That gives us a sweep chance if we can hit.

And keep up with our bats? OK, keep talking.

Aside from Carmona, do you seriously think that the Tigers can hit our pitching? Sorry. No.

Yes. B)

We'll just have to see. You're lucky Masterson is pitching tonight, for sure.

And who knows with us? Scherzer could be lock down or he could be throwing batting practice.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Jacobs has made dubious history

First player caught using HGH

Its improtant to note however that this was a minor league test. Had Jacobs been in the majors he would have gotten away with it becasue there is no test for HGH at the major league level, only the minors.

What's the difference between HGH and what was caught before? Is HGH new?

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Its improtant to note however that this was a minor league test. Had Jacobs been in the majors he would have gotten away with it becasue there is no test for HGH at the major league level, only the minors.

Major League Baseball doesen't test for HGH. The union has taken a hardcore anti drug testing stance, although that might change with the new CBA agreement. The union's lost in the court of public opinion and I think alot of the players are for it as well now.

The only way Bonds and Clemens were found out about was through a paper trail.

Major League Baseball doesen't test for HGH. The union has taken a hardcore anti drug testing stance, although that might change with the new CBA agreement. The union's lost in the court of public opinion and I think alot of the players are for it as well now.

The only way Bonds and Clemens were found out about was through a paper trail.

That's weird. I can understand drugs for recovery, especially because of talent filled busts like Sizemore.

But in reality it cheapens the idea of the game. Maybe it's just me but I would prefer steriod-free baseball

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

And this is the downside of the "mega thread".

It's no big deal. We'll be back on topic before you know it because of what happens in tonight's games, or tomorrow's games, or whatever. Which is actually the upside of the "mega thread."

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I hope that Hamurg Humber guy is ok. That was brutal.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Really? You've gotta insult his name after he has to leave the game from getting hit by a "brutal" line drive?

Insult?

Oh and Matt LaPorta is the most schizo batter in the league.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

They said on the radio that they did exams on Humber (possibly x-rays, I don't remember) and it looks like he is okay. No concussion. They will reevaluate him tomorrow.

Good. He had such a huge lump on his head. Hope he's not put on the DL I hate seeing stuff like that.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Talent filled busts, like Sizemore? Outside of 2 solid years with 140+ strikeouts... where was all that talent? Are you referring to how he 3 hops it from center field to second base, or how he never stole any bases despite all his "speed"? Or about how he would get late breaks on balls and then make a diving catch that he easily could have caught without diving?

Seriously though, I understand why he could never make it in the middle of the line up. He can't hit over .240, he has 0 ability to hit with people on base, terrible in the clutch, and gathers a solid 160+ K's per year. Sorry... just can't convince me Sizemore was everything he was made to be. He had 2 somewhat solid seasons with 145+ K's.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Really? You've gotta insult his name after he has to leave the game from getting hit by a "brutal" line drive?

Insult?

Anytime you've gotta cross out a misspelling of a guy's name, it doesn't give off a good vibe.

6fQjS3M.png

Insult?

Anytime you've gotta cross out a misspelling of a guy's name, it doesn't give off a good vibe.

Oh well I didn't mean anything except I didn't know how to spell it.

Also who would've thunk you put the two asians next to each other and magical productivity occurs?

In other news, Bryce Harper was seen crying in the dugout; some speculate that he has injured himself badly.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Those are all pitches you should be swinging on with 2 strikes. Sorry, I'll say it again, the umpiring didn't cost the Indians the game. Had they not committed the error that led to the unearned run (this club's biggest problem, mind you), there would have never been extra innings.

Additionally, you don't give up 22 hits (of which 14 hits were in the first 9 innings) and expect to win the game while having 10 hits period yourself. You needed multiple double plays to work out of jams in the extra innings, and Jimenez's inability to get through 5 aided to the cause of the Tribe losing this game.

Also, said "controversial tag play" didn't hurt the Indians at all, actually. The run didn't score. Stop bitching about the umpires and realize the Indians were grossly outplayed and didn't deserve to even get to the extra sessions.

Nope. I disagree. The Indians were outcalled.

The Indians had 10 hits. The White Sox 22. The Indians were outplayed. Deal with it and stop your bitching, please.

Oh be quiet and just agree with him about the vast Zionist conspiracy to thwart Cleveland and all of its sports teams.

I showed you those documents in confidence!

Seriously? Man, it's not as bad as Tuesday but bad calls tonight as well. At least we've got the lead.

I'm keeping track of close calls and they've all gone the Sox' way.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

It's no big deal. We'll be back on topic before you know it because of what happens in tonight's games, or tomorrow's games, or whatever. Which is actually the upside of the "mega thread."

I dunno. It's gotten to the point where there needs to be a Cleveland NBA and MLB thread, and then an "everyone else" NBA and MLB thread. Sizemore, Infrared, and Mccarthy can post in the "everyone else" thread if they wish. Maybe a couple of others too, if they apply for and are granted a waiver.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dunno. It's gotten to the point where there needs to be a Cleveland NBA and MLB thread, and then an "everyone else" NBA and MLB thread. Sizemore, Infrared, and Mccarthy can post in the "everyone else" thread if they wish. Maybe a couple of others too, if they apply for and are granted a waiver.

If you would kindly explain why posting baseball related topics in the baseball thread is wrong, then please do so.

If the problem is I'm posting too much, then I guess either start talking about your ball team or deal with it.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

If you would kindly explain why posting baseball related topics in the baseball thread is wrong, then please do so.

Because every single pitch, out, and game result doesn't need to be posted. And it's getting to the point where you're incessantly whining.

Archived