2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

You guys are picking 2 honestly borderline calls.

I'll agree those 2 were close.

Try again.

Just to demonstrate just 2 of the easily accessable bad called strike 3's, I took the liberty of bringing them DIRECTLY to you. No effort needed!

http://yfrog.com/h7jilup

http://yfrog.com/h3d6pip

Really, no one cares.

This may sound shocking to you, but just because something doesn't have to do with the Yankees doesn't mean that no one cares about it.

Good try but it has nothing to do with it not being about the Yankees. I don't mean no one cares about the game or its outcome, I mean no one cares enough to try to justify to a homer why the umpires aren't to blame for the Indians loss.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously didn't watch the game, so I'll just accept that you're stuck on what ESPN feeds you.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

You obviously didn't watch the game, so I'll just accept that you're stuck on what ESPN feeds you.

Yes, because I definitely live in Cleveland and can watch every single Tribe game. :rolleyes:

There is nothing more conclusive than that chart in regards to the ball/strike count you continually complain about. Maybe you should stop being stuck on whatever the blowhards on ESPN Cleveland are telling you. Officiating almost never costs teams games. There's a large number of things the Indians could have done differently to win that game last night, including but not limited to...

-The error early in the game that gave the White Sox an unearned run.

-Ubaldo's inability to complete 5 innings and thus having to use every reliever in the bullpen.

-Choo's misplaying of the bloop triple by the Chicago catcher

-Not giving up 22 hits and thus not blowing through the bullpen quite as quickly.

I can go on and on, but it wasn't the umpires who cost the Indians the game. If the Indians don't do one of those things, they Probably win.

6fQjS3M.png

Yes, because I definitely live in Cleveland and can watch every single Tribe game. :rolleyes:

There is nothing more conclusive than that chart in regards to the ball/strike count you continually complain about. Maybe you should stop being stuck on whatever the blowhards on ESPN Cleveland are telling you. Officiating almost never costs teams games. There's a large number of things the Indians could have done differently to win that game last night, including but not limited to...

-The error early in the game that gave the White Sox an unearned run.

-Ubaldo's inability to complete 5 innings and thus having to use every reliever in the bullpen.

-Choo's misplaying of the bloop triple by the Chicago catcher

-Not giving up 22 hits and thus not blowing through the bullpen quite as quickly.

I can go on and on, but it wasn't the umpires who cost the Indians the game. If the Indians don't do one of those things, they Probably win.

I've got a brain, I don't listen to ESPN Cleveland. It's still ESPN, and a group of dip :censored:s.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You're an :censored: hole. It's not surprising why even Indians fans don't like Indians fans because the only way to be a good Indians fan is to be a homer like you.

Damn you got me there. :rolleyes: The umpires not granting Choo 2B on the interference was a poor call but the tag play at first could've gone either way and the strike zone on Floyd's strikeouts looked fine to me.

You're an :censored: hole. It's not surprising why even Indians fans don't like Indians fans because the only way to be a good Indians fan is to be a homer like you.

Come at me bro.

It's hilarious watching you guys get asspained at me.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

I've got a brain

The postings in this thread directly contradict this.

lolol so randum

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

I've got a brain

The postings in this thread directly contradict this.

lolol so randum

It's random. Or in your case, randumb.

so witty lololol

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Are we still talking about this same crap with the Indians/White Sox game?

In other baseball-related news, Juan Nicasio of the Rockies hopes to pitch again after getting hit with a ball off the bat of Ian Desmond. It happened on August 5th and for those of you that haven't seen it yet, check it out. It's pretty crazy. Because of where his neck was cracked, he is lucky to be walking and/or alive. I hope he makes a full recovery and he is back on a mound soon.

I understand Cleveland is getting a FM Sports Radio station with WFAN alum Adam the Bull on in afternoon drive. He is good, Cleveland will like him I think.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Phillies catcher "Señor Octubre" Carlos Ruiz is out with "testicular contusions" after being hit in the nads by a foul tip last night. Remarkably, he actually stayed in the game before being lifted for a PR in the bot of the 9th. The guy on the radio actually said "out with testicular contusions after taking a foul tip to his sack".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Phillies catcher "Señor Octubre" Carlos Ruiz is out with "testicular contusions" after being hit in the nads by a foul tip last night. Remarkably, he actually stayed in the game before being lifted for a PR in the bot of the 9th. The guy on the radio actually said "out with testicular contusions after taking a foul tip to his sack".

I suppose it was kind of ballsy for him to stay in the game last night.

LvZYtbZ.png

I suppose it was kind of ballsy for him to stay in the game last night.

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot"]http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

I understand Cleveland is getting a FM Sports Radio station with WFAN alum Adam the Bull on in afternoon drive. He is good, Cleveland will like him I think.

Yeah I hope so. Anything is better than ESPN.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Those are all pitches you should be swinging on with 2 strikes. Sorry, I'll say it again, the umpiring didn't cost the Indians the game. Had they not committed the error that led to the unearned run (this club's biggest problem, mind you), there would have never been extra innings.

Additionally, you don't give up 22 hits (of which 14 hits were in the first 9 innings) and expect to win the game while having 10 hits period yourself. You needed multiple double plays to work out of jams in the extra innings, and Jimenez's inability to get through 5 aided to the cause of the Tribe losing this game.

Also, said "controversial tag play" didn't hurt the Indians at all, actually. The run didn't score. Stop bitching about the umpires and realize the Indians were grossly outplayed and didn't deserve to even get to the extra sessions.

Nope. I disagree. The Indians were outcalled.

The Indians had 10 hits. The White Sox 22. The Indians were outplayed. Deal with it and stop your bitching, please.

Oh be quiet and just agree with him about the vast Zionist conspiracy to thwart Cleveland and all of its sports teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Those are all pitches you should be swinging on with 2 strikes. Sorry, I'll say it again, the umpiring didn't cost the Indians the game. Had they not committed the error that led to the unearned run (this club's biggest problem, mind you), there would have never been extra innings.

Additionally, you don't give up 22 hits (of which 14 hits were in the first 9 innings) and expect to win the game while having 10 hits period yourself. You needed multiple double plays to work out of jams in the extra innings, and Jimenez's inability to get through 5 aided to the cause of the Tribe losing this game.

Also, said "controversial tag play" didn't hurt the Indians at all, actually. The run didn't score. Stop bitching about the umpires and realize the Indians were grossly outplayed and didn't deserve to even get to the extra sessions.

Nope. I disagree. The Indians were outcalled.

The Indians had 10 hits. The White Sox 22. The Indians were outplayed. Deal with it and stop your bitching, please.

Oh be quiet and just agree with him about the vast Zionist conspiracy to thwart Cleveland and all of its sports teams.

It's not a conspiracy, but your immense, unfathomable amount of rectumsore is showing.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

So to review

"Come at me bro"

A vast litany of synonyms for "butthurt"

General namecalling and asshattery when confronted with contradictory evidence.

I thought this forum was better than this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived