2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

So to review

"Come at me bro"

A vast litany of synonyms for "butthurt"

General namecalling and asshattery when confronted with contradictory evidence.

I thought this forum was better than this.

So it's the kind of forum where you put words in peoples mouths and pick on new people?

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to review

"Come at me bro"

Have you seen the Sports Logos or Concepts forum? The moderating team has been lax on trolls and douchebags and now those types have won. It's becoming a :censored:ing cesspool.

So to review

"Come at me bro"

Have you seen the Sports Logos or Concepts forum? The moderating team has been lax on trolls and douchebags and now those types have won. It's becoming a :censored:ing cesspool.

Sports logos some. I assume the moderating team behaves under this misconception that posters can "learn". If anything, the first couple hundred posts is when you need to have the firmest grip on the banhammer.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So to review

"Come at me bro"

Have you seen the Sports Logos or Concepts forum? The moderating team has been lax on trolls and douchebags

and now those types have won. It's becoming a :censored:ing cesspool.

Sports logos some. I assume the moderating team

behaves under this misconception that posters can "learn". If anything, the first couple hundred posts is when you need to have the firmest grip on the banhammer.

Yeah, I'm still scratching my head as to how that erict guy wasnt banned for making repeated penis posts in derailing robbman's football concepts.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

That Beltran trade sure is working out great for the Giants!

Beltran hits the shelf

This is EXACTLY why I didn't want the Braves to trade for Beltran while a good chunk of Braves fans down here were falling all over themselves, wishing for Frank Wren to trade the entire minor league system for a 9-week rental with injury issues that were bound to manifest themselves. So yeah, you just knew that Beltran was gonna get hurt, just a matter of time.

Either way, the Giants offense really needs to pick it up. They got to Jurrjens tonight against the Braves, but it'll need to be consistent if they're gonna stay in the playoff race.

Beltran hits the shelf

This is EXACTLY why I didn't want the Braves to trade for Beltran while a good chunk of Braves fans down here were falling all over themselves, wishing for Frank Wren to trade the entire minor league system for a 9-week rental with injury issues that were bound to manifest themselves. So yeah, you just knew that Beltran was gonna get hurt, just a matter of time.

Either way, the Giants offense really needs to pick it up. They got to Jurrjens tonight against the Braves, but it'll

need to be consistent if they're gonna stay in the playoff race.

How has Minor been? Hopefully the Giants can get to him tomorrow.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Beltran hits the shelf

Either way, the Giants offense really needs to pick it up. They got to Jurrjens tonight against the Braves, but it'll

need to be consistent if they're gonna stay in the playoff race.

How has Minor been? Hopefully the Giants can get to him tomorrow.

Minor's been decent. He was originally penciled in as the 5th starter way back in March, but somehow Beachy ended up beating him out for the job. Ever since then, he's been an okay spot-starter. Gonna have to be more than okay with the Freak coming in tomorrow.

Really wanted Carmona to get the CG tonight. He was great.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

I'm not really one to crow about my teams, but I am loving this Rangers-Angels series.

Quiet, you! ^_^

Yeah...

The Halos really needed to salvage the last two games of this series to get back to four games out. Even if (when) Weaver wins tomorrow, they're still 6 games out. With the bullpen sucking again, the iffy backside of the rotation, and the hit and miss offense, it's going to be a tough doing over this last month and half of the season.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

If Carmona can pitch like that the rest of the year our rotation will be lights out! Masterson-Jimenez-Tomlin-Carmona-Huff

What's not to like

Carmona can't pitch like that the rest of the year because he won't face the White Sox every time. I have watched the same crap for the past six seasons, making soft-tossing lefties, career journeymen, AAA call-ups and others with ERAs north of 5 look like Cy Young. Hell, Bruce Chen is 3-0 with an ERA of 0.90 against the Sox this year. There is something extremely flawed with the White Sox' hitting approach, and it start with their hitting coach, who as far as I can tell sits in the clubhouse eating peanut butter out of a jar with his fingers instead of going over scouting reports.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If Carmona can pitch like that the rest of the year our rotation will be lights out! Masterson-Jimenez-Tomlin-Carmona-Huff

What's not to like

Carmona can't pitch like that the rest of the year because he won't face the White Sox every time. I have watched the same crap for the past six seasons, making soft-tossing lefties, career journeymen, AAA call-ups and others with ERAs north of 5 look like Cy Young. Hell, Bruce Chen is 3-0 with an ERA of 0.90 against the Sox this year. There is something extremely flawed with the White Sox' hitting approach, and it start with their hitting coach, who as far as I can tell sits in the clubhouse eating peanut butter out of a jar with his fingers instead of going over scouting reports.

So are you the resident White Sox fan? Indians feel that way a bunch too.

Oh, and Carmona CAN pitch like that the rest of the year; he was supposed to be our ace. That was his aceness; too bad it rarely comes out.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

What's not to like

The Sox are one of the most interesting teams in baseball. On paper, they have one of the best teams in the AL, probably outside of NY, Bos, and Tex, but they are so damn inconsistent. Some days they look like they should run away with the Central, and other days they look like the *gasp* Cubs. The thing is, when I watch the White Sox play the Twins, I am scared of individual hitters such as Konerko, Quentin, Ramirez, and even Pierzynski. And boy I can't tell you how much I hate when Beuhrle pitches against us, but never am I scared of the team in general. And I love it.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

What's not to like

The Sox are one of the most interesting teams in baseball. On paper, they have one of the best teams in the AL, probably outside of NY, Bos, and Tex, but they are so damn inconsistent. Some days they look like they should run away with the Central, and other days they look like the *gasp* Cubs. The thing is, when I watch the White Sox play the Twins, I am scared of individual hitters such as Konerko, Quentin, Ramirez, and even Pierzynski. And boy I can't tell you how much I hate when Beuhrle pitches against us, but never am I scared of the team in general. And I love it.

Don't forget Dunn too. XD

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

What's not to like

So are you the resident White Sox fan? Indians feel that way a bunch too.

Oh, and Carmona CAN pitch like that the rest of the year; he was supposed to be our ace. That was his aceness; too bad it rarely comes out.

Yes, I'm a Sox fan. As I said, this isn't a one year thing in Chicago. This has been going on since 2006 (and really, the team won in spite of its offense in 2005). No matter who the hitter is, young or old, slow or fast, power-hitter or slap-hitter, high OBP guy or aggressive hitter, they all fall into the White Sox vortex of slumpitude. Of course, they have other issues such as Ozzie instilling an intense fear of the Twins into the team, but their primary one has been a horrible hitting approach.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, I'm a Sox fan. As I said, this isn't a one year thing in Chicago. This has been going on since 2006 (and really, the team won in spite of its offense in 2005). No matter who the hitter is, young or old, slow or fast, power-hitter or slap-hitter, high OBP guy or aggressive hitter, they all fall into the White Sox vortex of slumpitude. Of course, they have other issues such as Ozzie instilling an intense fear of the Twins into the team, but their primary one has been a horrible hitting approach.

Yeah offense hasn't been the Tribe's strong point either. That's more aggravating than bad defense IMO.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Archived