2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I do find it amusing that even though the Braves blew an 8.5 game lead, the Red Sox collapse was the one getting all the attention from the "national media."

The Braves only choked up a wildcard lead. The Red Sox choked away a wildcard lead and a division lead. Suffice to say, the Sox' collapse has been far worse.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardinals deserved this, 100%. They never gave up, even when it seemed like a virtual lock.

The Braves deserve this, too. They did the exact opposite, and only waited until tonight to finally wake up. Of course, it was too late, and now they're sitting at home after blowing what was virtually a sure thing. Another great moment in this franchise's history!!! :rolleyes:

Once again, congrats Cardinals. That team absolutely earned it.

Well...this is certainly a pleasant surprise. Alright then. Bring it Philly! House money time!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I do find it amusing that even though the Braves blew an 8.5 game lead, the Red Sox collapse was the one getting all the attention from the "national media."

The Braves only choked up a wildcard lead. The Red Sox choked away a wildcard lead and a division lead. Suffice to say, the Sox' collapse has been far worse.

And far more satisfying. I feel bad for Braves fans. Can't say I feel the same way about Sawx Nation.

BB52Big.jpg

And far more satisfying. I feel bad for Braves fans. Can't say I feel the same way about Sawx Nation.

Ditto.

Ya know what? If Bud's new playoff plan were in effect this year, this would've been settled and we wouldn't have this frickin amazing final day of the regular season as all 4 team's involved in the race would've been in.

If this is the last season of logic, at least it went out with a bang.

Now I will be hoping for a Brewers-Cardinals NLCS. That would be great to see. The Phillies may have screwed themselves. Who really wants to play St. Louis right now?

Hm, same here. I would've been rooting for the Brewers whenever the Braves got knocked out (the Ball-in-Glove cannot be denied), but now I guess if the Cardinals are gonna do THIS, they may as well keep on trolling all the way to another trophy. :P

Archived