2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I switched back and forth from MASN, ESPN, and Braves-Phillies on MLB Extra Innings all night long...what a night. This is America's pastime. I saw Reimold's epic 2-2, 2 out double off Papelbon's 98 MPH fastball, followed by Andino's stunning walk off...and five minutes later Longoria saves the Rays and completes a 7-run comeback with a line drive home run for the second time of the night. And that was all less than an hour after watching rookie phenom Craig Kimbrel blow the save, sending the Braves out of the wild card lead for the first time since May...but this time it's final.

Wow. Go Rays! (I've been a fan since right before the 2007-2008 offseason, right BEFORE they had that unthinkably great year, so don't call me a bandwagoner. ;) )

25yzwqg.png

Its going to be an interesting winter in Boston, I wont be shocked if Jonathan Papsmear has not thrown his last pitch in a Red Sox uniform. Carl Crawford was a big bust and will have to win fans over and that will be a hard task next year. Francona may even be in trouble and Theo may go to Wrigleyville. The Mets still have not recovered from 2007, it took the Phillies a decade to recover from 1964. The Red Sox may want to think about serious retooling.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Fitting...on the day I got my ESPN Magazine in the mail. The one with the "Welcome To Boston, Loozah!" headline extolling the greatness of Boston sports teams.

Son of a gun Bill Simmons was right.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I need to be at work at 6am... But I don't care!! Not only as a Cards fan, but die-hard baseball fan, this was like Christmas and losing your virginity combined!! And I don't care how creepy that sounds! It's that f-ing awesome!!

I feel bad for you...and the girl.

This is why baseball is the greatest game on the planet!

Best night of baseball ever. (well except for that night in 07)

*Rays and Brewers*

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived