2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Always thought Milwaukee was a better fit for the AL.

And if the White Sox and Twins had fans that traveled well, you'd have a point.

Explain, I'm not sure what you mean.

Bud Selig "volunteered" his Brewers to move over to the NL because he had visions of Cub and Cardinal fans filling the Brewers' stadium dancing through his head.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always thought Milwaukee was a better fit for the AL.

And if the White Sox and Twins had fans that traveled well, you'd have a point.

Explain, I'm not sure what you mean.

Bud Selig "volunteered" his Brewers to move over to the NL because he had visions of Cub and Cardinal fans filling the Brewers' stadium dancing through his head.

Perhaps, but the Twins fans have historically traveled in big numbers to Milwaukee and Kansas City, particularly during the Dome era. Most of my Twins midwestern road games have been pretty well traveled by others...particularly Wrigley in 2009 (where friendly cubs fans told us they'd never seen such a fan presence when the road team was about to win the game).

I figured he volunteered his club in large part because of cub fans, though, as they are all over the place, including southern Wisconsin. Maybe also throw in the NL history they had with the Braves.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Your last 2 All Star Game winning pitchers? Matt Capps, and Tyler Clippard. Maybe one day this home field advantage thing will actually work for us Nats fans, but I doubt it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I read somewhere that Selig first offered the Royals the chance to move to the NL but they turned it down. Anybody else recall that? He did it to supposedly make it look like he didn't have a conflict of interest regarding the Brewers, haha.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

chooch-si-cover.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All Hail the Prince

Btw Tim McCarver and Joe Buck just plain suck

Normally, Joe Buck doesn't bother me all that much. He's not my favorite but I don't have the burning hatred for him a lot of people have. Was it just me, or was he particularly awful tonight? Also, was Buck announcing the lineups? That was a disaster too.

For that guy who ordered us not to say "real baseball" when referring to the NL; "real baseball" got the win tonight. :P

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

All Hail the Prince

Normally, Joe Buck doesn't bother me all that much. He's not my favorite but I don't have the burning hatred for him a lot of people have. Was it just me, or was he particularly awful tonight? Also, was Buck announcing the lineups? That was a disaster too.

For that guy who ordered us not to say "real baseball" when referring to the NL; "real baseball" got the win tonight. :P

Maybe Joe just really, really likes Felix Hernandez. Joe announces the lineups every All-Star game, I believe.

Is anyone gonna acknowledge the latest baseball news? The Brewers are now legit NL contenders with K-Rod.

If the Brewers weren't a contender before they they got K-Rod, they still aren't. Closers don't make a huge difference.

He won't be closing. No way the Brewers would be that stupid. He'll set up Axelrod because Milwaukee REALLY doesn't want that games finished option to vest.

That being said, I still don't think they make the playoffs.

I like McCarver but he gets off topic too much. Did anyone notice how when Joe Buck was announcing the players before the game, it was Miguel Cabrera's turn and he says, "From the Seattle Mariners, Felix Hernandez"...you gotta be kidding me.

Also FOX gave horrible interviews to Brian Wilson and Prince Fielder after the game.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Is anyone gonna acknowledge the latest baseball news? The Brewers are now legit NL contenders with K-Rod.

Well, I had a post all planned out but you're so desperate for a reply that I decided leave you hanging. :rolleyes:

Seriously, how were we supposed to react? Dexter and Bruschimania pretty well covered it.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived