2012 Heritage Classic

kiwi_canadian

So like many Canadians I watched the Heritage Classic and it gave me an idea for next season. So my choice is Vancouver's Empire Field with the Canucks hosting the Maple Leafs. Now before anyone says, I know BC place will be ready by the time this event would roll around but I felt that BC Place, even though with the new roof on it, is still an indoor stadium. As for the weather, well Pittsburgh did it this year with rain but as for right now, There is still quite a bit of winter here on the west coast so it could be viable. So for the concept, I've included the ice, HC logo, jerseys, and stadium.

So the teams as mentioned before are Toronto and Vancouver. The jerseys will be the 1922 Toronto St. Pats and the 1922 Vancouver Millionaires. They met for the Stanley Cup that season with the St. Pats winning it. Both teams will have their regular logos on their shoulders but done in the respective green and maroon. Updated with the new maroon colour and got rid of the "Vancouver" script above with whale

2012HeritageClassic-1.png

The Heritage Classic logo is the same from this season but with Vancouver, British Columbia, 2012 and downtown Vancouver with BC place and the new roof design. I know it is practically the same one but all I have is Paint and it's the best I could do.

HClogo.png

Assuming they have the same on ice sponsors as this season, the ice did not change much.

ice.png

And Finally Empire Field. I tried to keep the same set up as McMahon in Calgary and it seems to fit into the CFL stadiums. Empire Field seats about 27,500 people.

Stadium.png

Enjoy

One idea: Have the Leafs logo on the shoulder read:

TORONTO

SAINT

PATRICKS

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Just curious...why would you have one stadium landmark in the game logo but host the game elsewhere?

Exactly! And the fact that by next year, Empire Field is gone. Just put a rink inside BC Place, sell 55,000 tickets, and close the roof if it rains. Done.

If you read the first post, I put my reasoning in there...however if you aren't willing to scroll back, I chose Empire Field because I still see BC Place as an indoor facility. It's just an opinion of mine and that's why I chose it. As for BC place in the logo, it's a pretty big land mark now with those arms being built off of it and for arguments sake, I didn't see McMahon Stadium on this years Heritage Classic.

VERY spectacluar work here! I'd love to see this happen! My one suggestion is for the Canucks' shoulder logo, either drop the "Vancouver" script so it's just the Orca, or change it to the puck-in-rink. I just think having "Vancouver" over the orca on the shoulder logo is too cluttered. Aside from that, I'm absolutely loving this. Fantastic work!!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

boooo! i want to see toronto vs detroit in the winter classic in michigan stadium next year. i don't think it'll actually happen but i live in ann arbor so this would be absolutely amazing for me. i had to miss the big chill in the big house for a wedding. not letting that happen again.

my dream heritage classic for next year is to have winnipeg in it. winnipeg vs anybody. a guy can dream, eh?

as for the jerseys, i dig it. there's pretty much nothing i love more than seeing teams actually play in those awesome throwback unis.

also, the work the nhl is getting done for the winter classic and heritage classic logos is :censored:ing stellar.

Jerseys look great. Event logo, not so much. Looks like a half baked cut and paste job and far too similar to Calgary's. Change the event logo to something original and this concept is golden.

lol It's because it is. I said in the first post it's because all I have is Paint and I do not possess the skills or programs to come up with something like the original one.

Just curious...why would you have one stadium landmark in the game logo but host the game elsewhere?

Exactly! And the fact that by next year, Empire Field is gone. Just put a rink inside BC Place, sell 55,000 tickets, and close the roof if it rains. Done.

If you read the first post, I put my reasoning in there...however if you aren't willing to scroll back, I chose Empire Field because I still see BC Place as an indoor facility. It's just an opinion of mine and that's why I chose it. As for BC place in the logo, it's a pretty big land mark now with those arms being built off of it and for arguments sake, I didn't see McMahon Stadium on this years Heritage Classic.

But it still wouldn't make sense to have BC Place in the logo and not have the game there. I understand it's an iconic part of the city's skyline, but doesn't make sense to emphasize it if the game is played elsewhere.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like it, though I'm not sure if your shade of red for the Van uniforms is quite right. The merch being produced locally, the new stuff coming out now that the Canucks own the marks is a little darker, as are the ones the Giants wore last year.

p9499632dt.jpg_C4G5144.jpg

I like it, though I'm not sure if your shade of red for the Van uniforms is quite right. The merch being produced locally, the new stuff coming out now that the Canucks own the marks is a little darker, as are the ones the Giants wore last year.

I think I finally have the proper maroon colour. It does look a lot better with it as well and the "Vancouver" script is gone so the whale is all alone on the shoulders.

Archived