Thing I miss in sports

RETROJR79

The old (true) IHL.

Ah, the "true" IHL. The old "Iron League" of the 70's and early 80's. Teams like Saginaw, Fort Wayne, Flint, Peoria, Kalamazoo, and of course my home town Toledo Goaldiggers. Those were the days.

Goaldiggers? That's awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up, but I thought of a good one over the weekend, and my apologies if it was posted already

Team logos on the walls of outfields in major league ballparks

No apologies Ryan the more the merrier and speaking of team logos I also missed the pennant wall from the KingDome & Shea Stadium.

Home Run Derby in their actual jerseys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGmYfzcxnI8&feature=related

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I like at around the 4:40 mark he says, "winner of the 1986 Home Run Derby" lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I like at around the 4:40 mark he says, "winner of the 1986 Home Run Derby" lol.

I think he says 1996, he just says it kind of awkwardly.

By the way, that video reminded me of how much better ESPN's baseball music was back in the 90's.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

sports on TV has changed over the years and here's some that I miss...

NFL

AstroTurf

MLB

AstroTurf

Why?

I too was shaking my head at that one :wacko:

How anyone can miss astroturf is bizarre. Looked like they were playing football and baseball on a billiards table ...

Even with this new 'field turf' that looks a bit more like grass, I hate that too.

I think he says 1996, he just says it kind of awkwardly.

By the way, that video reminded me of how much better ESPN's baseball music was back in the 90's.

He clearly said 86.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

NFL

AstroTurf

MLB

AstroTurf

Why?

How anyone can miss astroturf is bizarre. Looked like they were playing football and baseball on a billiards table ...

Even with this new 'field turf' that looks a bit more like grass, I hate that too.

I like AstroTurf in the NFL if it raining because it look more like street football.

NFL

AstroTurf

MLB

AstroTurf

Why?

I like AstroTurf in the NFL if it raining because it look more like street football.

But that's what Arena Football if for... (except the raining). I guess I can understand that even if it seems very strange. But what in the name of all that is holy would lead one to want Astroturf back in MLB? It had a very real negative impact on how the game was played, and not for the better (not to mention shortening many guys careers).

• 1 month later...

3094.gif

3092.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived