2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too too bad, not great, but it's also a tiny logo, could be a secondary. I just hope for the love of god copperplate is not included in the logo set. That's my bugged fear, in life.

And I know they used to use it on the dugout a few years back.

I didn't know if this deserved its own thread, but Minnesota has been awarded the 2014 All-Star Game

It's official now? Oh goody. :)

I love Target Field. Never been there in person, but judging from what I see on TV it's in my top 5 favorite ballparks for sure.

Speaking of the Twins, I'm sure others of you have noticed how they seem to be randomly mixing and matching their jerseys and caps lately. But is it really random, or are they going by a set schedule or routine when choosing what combo to wear?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I feel like this is a very important quote from the mothership article, as to how this look's gonna shake out:

Look for script similar to their road jerseys from this era.

astros66.jpg

sleep.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I feel like this is a very important quote from the mothership article, as to how this look's gonna shake out:

Look for script similar to their road jerseys from this era.

astros66.jpg

sleep.jpg

Exactly. It's too bad they can't style a "Houston" script to mimic the "Astros" script from their first jerseys as the Astros, complete with the shooting star. The only way to make that away script more interesting is to add the shooting star, and they said they're not doing that.

nl_1970_houston.gif

I'm sure what they come up with will be fine, but it could be so much better.

The Twins continue to be morons and bumble their identity. THAT IS NOT YOUR HOME JERSEY. Why would they released an image like that with their throwback jersey, even if that's not an offical ASG logo and the image won't be used much? That's not as bad as redesigning the uniforms and then wearing throwbacks for the first game of the new era in Target Field, but it still doesn't reflect well on them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Twins continue to be morons and bumble their identity. THAT IS NOT YOUR HOME JERSEY. Why would they released an image like that with their throwback jersey, even if that's not an offical ASG logo and the image won't be used much? That's not as bad as redesigning the uniforms and then wearing throwbacks for the first game of the new era in Target Field, but it still doesn't reflect well on them.

I don't think they were trying to showcase their home jersey. I think the message in that image is meant to convey a sense of history, rather than present. I think of that jersey more as their 1960s era look rather than their modern throwback.

How do you know they don't want to make the throwback alternate the official home uniform by 2014?

spacer.png

How do you know they don't want to make the throwback alternate the official home uniform by 2014?

I guess they could, but it would require them redoing several things in a 3-4 year old ballpark, such as reaplacing the top of the scoreboard where the new wordmark resides. Like I said before, they screwed up big time with their revamp. If they wanted to "play up history", they should have made the home uni's letters/numbers navy with a red outline. That would have meant they didn't do the throwback. In doing a throwback that was more visually appealing than the current home set, and wearing it for the very first game of their "new era", they instantly undercut their current look and had fans asking for the throwbacks to be worn fulltime within a few weeks. Not a smart move.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, the Twins should have gone all-in on the retro stuff. Going back outdoors, so on, so forth. Perhaps by 2014, they will. I suppose the big sign on the scoreboard could stay as some remnant of the Metrodome era, just like the Metrodome Twins kept remnants of the pre-1987 stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived