2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In minor-league changes, I guess the Buffalo Bisons will be getting rid of the blue and orange next year since they're not with the Mets anymore. Maybe a return to the navy and red throwbacks? They currently wear them as an alt and they wore them for the All-Star game back in July, FWIW.

On the flip side, with the Mets going to the Las Vegas 51s will they incorporate orange into their scheme?

They didn't change anything when they became Toronto's affiliate, and still have the Dodgers-esque blue script and red front numbers.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

In minor-league changes, I guess the Buffalo Bisons will be getting rid of the blue and orange next year since they're not with the Mets anymore. Maybe a return to the navy and red throwbacks? They currently wear them as an alt and they wore them for the All-Star game back in July, FWIW.

On the flip side, with the Mets going to the Las Vegas 51s will they incorporate orange into their scheme?

They didn't change anything when they became Toronto's affiliate, and still have the Dodgers-esque blue script and red front numbers.

It might be because the Blue Jays have red in their scheme.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

It might be because the Blue Jays have red in their scheme.

They became the Jays affiliate in 08, when they were still the "Black and Graphite Jays"

With no word coming out yet of changes for the Rangers, I guess they are going to go with their current crap for another year. I thought I remember hearing in 2010 that they would be changing for 2011 or 2012, but that obviously didn't happen. That's a shame. The Rangers' current set is a mess. Put the team name on the home jerseys, pick one cap, eliminate all black, get rid of the double outlines on the names and numbers, and call it a day. They could easily have a solid set, but a bunch of blunders have them looking terrible. The only way they could get worse would be if they brought back the gradient batting helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

With no word coming out yet of changes for the Rangers, I guess they are going to go with their current crap for another year. I thought I remember hearing in 2010 that they would be changing for 2011 or 2012, but that obviously didn't happen. That's a shame. The Rangers' current set is a mess. Put the team name on the home jerseys, pick one cap, eliminate all black, get rid of the double outlines on the names and numbers, and call it a day. They could easily have a solid set, but a bunch of blunders have them looking terrible. The only way they could get worse would be if they brought back the gradient batting helmets.

And get rid of that red alternate.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

Yeah. I should have added that with "pick one cap". Either be a red team or a blue team. You can't be both.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I've talked over the internet with Chuck Morgan, who is the Public Address announcer and is the VP of Ballpark Entertainment. He is also the one that does a lot of the marketing stuff like promotions and uniforms. He has said that the reason that they went with "TEXAS" on the front of the white jerseys is because they are marketing themselves as Texas' team. It's the same reason why they fly all of those Texas flags over the outfield ads (that and we are winning more pennants reducing the room for flags that used to fly all the teams of baseball). The red, white, and blue are all part of the marketing thing too, and he says that all three colors sell really well at the Ballpark. I know I've tried to ask him to consider dropping the drop-shadow, but as long as they are drawing well, selling merchandise, and people are embracing the team as Texas' team, I doubt it will change.

A's pitcher Jarrod Parker had retired the first seven batters, then face Ichiro. Ichiro hits a comebacker to Parker, but the ball slips through the buttons and into his jersey. Parker couldn't pull the ball out and Ichiro is safe on that hit.

This sounds like a really hilarious but awful MLB The Show glitch.

bSLCtu2.png

I really hate the nationals identity.

The red cap reminds me of the Phillies.

The Alt Cap reminds me of the braves.

That Blue USA jersey looks like a mess.

The red jersey looks like the Reds alt.

I swear, I wish this team would hit the reset button, and find a way to not look like two of their biggest rivals.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Yeah. I should have added that with "pick one cap". Either be a red team or a blue team. You can't be both.

You could say the same for the Cleveland Indians, although that's the least of their problems these days.

The Buffalo Bisons have confirmed that their affiliation change to the Blue Jays will lead to a shift from their Mets-inspired logo.

According to the article, logos will come in November and unis will show up in January.

I really hate the nationals identity.

The red cap reminds me of the Phillies.

That Blue USA jersey looks like a mess.

The red jersey looks like the Reds alt.

I swear, I wish this team would hit the reset button, and find a way to not look like two of their biggest rivals.

What more do you want? With a name like the Nationals, red white and blue are pretty much a given.

Nationals don't have alt caps.

He probably meant the road the caps.

Yeah I meant the road. I was at the nationals post ASB game in Miami when they wore Red batting helmets. To this day it messes with my recollection.

You don't have to mimic your rivals in style when you design a uniform package.

Flip the road hat from blue crown, red bill to

Red Crown and blue bill and your unique if my memory serves me right.

The red alt can be changed to a script Washington and it doesn't look like the reds anymore, and as long as they don't add blue to the script they won't match Atlanta much either.

They should have made an effort to be a blue team with gold and red accents when they first came on board. Their W script cap and DC caps in my opinion were two grey caps.

(But then i would be upset the braves copied them when the blue road cap was introduced)

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived