2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

The Orioles are wearing their "O's" hat over the cartoon bird tonight. Who made this terrible call??

Joe Saunders. Starting pitcher decides what team wears.

I believe the Orioles always wear the black alts with O's cap on Friday nights

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Orioles are wearing their "O's" hat over the cartoon bird tonight. Who made this terrible call??

That is correct Chris.

That is correct Chris.

Never knew that team rule.

Go A's!

That is correct Chris.

Never knew that team rule.

The O's wear white/grey from Sunday-Thursday, black on Friday, and orange on Saturday (at home).

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I dont get the point of the Post Season hats. I own two Giant's World Series hats but purchased them after the Giants won because who wants a hat related to a loss?

Which is why I don't get people buying Wild Card Champion, Division Champion and League Champion apparel. It may always be associated with a loss.

spacer.png

I dont get the point of the Post Season hats. I own two Giant's World Series hats but purchased them after the Giants won because who wants a hat related to a loss?

Which is why I don't get people buying Wild Card Champion, Division Champion and League Champion apparel. It may always be associated with a loss.

I did buy an A's West champs shirt because for me it commemorates an amazing season and regardless of playoff result, this shirt is a celebration of improbability. But my next shirt if it comes to it, will be a World Series shirt.

BTW, did anyone notice that Buck Showalter switched to the bird cap for his postgame interviews?

Go A's!

I did buy an A's West champs shirt because for me it commemorates an amazing season and regardless of playoff result, this shirt is a celebration of improbability. But my next shirt if it comes to it, will be a World Series shirt.

BTW, did anyone notice that Buck Showalter switched to the bird cap for his postgame interviews?

I dunno. Maybe that's just a "successful sports city" thing.

EDIT: Anyone else notice the "postseason" decal on the backs of the batting helmets?

Is that really necessary? Really?

spacer.png

Odd, the Cardinals are wearing their Sunday caps. I say odd because they don't usually wear them in the playoffs, they just stick to the home and road caps even on Sundays.

Yes I was going to say the same thing earlier

For what its worth, Doug Fister was still wearing the same dirty hat he has worn all year, but with a postseason patch slaped on the side.

L2u0J.jpg

There are always a couple of guys who don't want to switch to a new cap for the playoffs, so the sticky patch is good for them. The first time I remember hearing about it was with David Cone. I know Lincecum is pretty attached to his game cap (he wore the same one for the first few years of his career). I guess Fister is one of those guys too.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

For what its worth, Doug Fister was still wearing the same dirty hat he has worn all year, but with a postseason patch slaped on the side.

L2u0J.jpg

There are always a couple of guys who don't want to switch to a new cap for the playoffs, so the sticky patch is good for them. The first time I remember hearing about it was with David Cone. I know Lincecum is pretty attached to his game cap (he wore the same one for the first few years of his career). I guess Fister is one of those guys too.

L2u0J.jpg

So what happens if one of these guys go all the way? Can they get the patch off without destroying the cap? Heat gun maybe??

Anubis.png

L2u0J.jpg

L2u0J.jpg

So what happens if one of these guys go all the way? Can they get the patch off without destroying the cap? Heat gun maybe??

It all depends on the amount of residue. Lincecum finally switched to a new hat after 2010, but I don't know if that had to do with the WS patch being un-removable or if he retired it because they won the WS. But since you can remove a sleeve patch and the associated residue of you have the proper solvent, there shouldn't be a problem if Fister wanted to keep his hat for 2013.

And I don't know if Fister get a new cap every year. Lincecum kept the same hat from year-to-year, but in other cases, I've seen guys like Fister just wear a worn-out hat through the end of the season and get a new one the following spring training. It's something to keep an eye out for when the Tigers show up in Florida.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

L2u0J.jpg

L2u0J.jpg

I've heard the World Series caps will be different this year. Maybe the postseason patch remains, and the Series patch moves to the right side or rear?

Sorry if this had been mentioned earlier in the thread, but do we have a final count on how many times the Marlins wore the orange caps? I only ever remember seeing them once outside of spring training.

At least twice, early in the week with primary whites. No orange helmet was used outside the exhibition against the Yankees.

Archived