2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not have three crowns?

Because it's a singular accomplishment. The Crown is only awarded to the man who wins all three categories.

I disagree.. I think three crowns would have made more sense... He won the triple crown because he won all three categories. In other words there's a crown for HR, a crown for Avg., and a crown for RBI. he won all three. In other years, three different guys would all win 1. But this year one man won all three crowns.

Plus, just the name itself "Triple Crown" really would lend itself to having three crowns in the logo.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The logo is okay, I suppose. But I believe the it should stress 'AMERICAN LEAGUE Triple Crown Winner', as Cabrera was not the Major League leader in average. Nowhere on the logo do I see anything regarding the AL. I think that should be represented.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm very confused as to where this new Wild Card logo is coming from...

ScreenShot2012-10-03at091505PM.png

...seeing how it's nowhere to be found in this year's style guide:

ScreenShot2012-10-04at110808PM.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Because it's a singular accomplishment. The Crown is only awarded to the man who wins all three categories.

No, because they talk about "the batting crown" and "the home run crown" all the time every year. The Triple Crown is thus three crowns.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So whats the next step in mlb/new era's way to get $$$? have all teams have 5 hats for each type with patches that say 1st place, 2nd place..etc to be worn during the regular season?

Its getting ridiculous imo with the postseason hats.

agreed.

i've always really liked the world series hats. i know that's not the most popular opinion, but i always thought of all the obvious merchandise money grabs, that one made the most sense and carried some cache with it.

now...postseason hats? really? pretty lame.

sig2024.png

No, because they talk about "the batting crown" and "the home run crown" all the time every year. The Triple Crown is thus three crowns.

Henry V was King of both England and France, but he never wore two crowns at once. ;)

Here's Chipper wearing the aforementioned Postseason cap this afternoon:

201210041412511384552-p2.jpg

And here's the one hanging up in Joe Saunders' locker in Texas:

10581_10150253015299990_1245905273_n.jpg

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

The Orioles are wearing their "O's" hat over the cartoon bird tonight. Who made this terrible call??

Don't know, but one of the player's in the dugout was wearing the bird hat. Not only have the Orioles gone with the inferior O's hat, but with the bird on the batting helmet, it looks even more ridiculous.

The Orioles are wearing their "O's" hat over the cartoon bird tonight. Who made this terrible call??

Joe Saunders. Starting pitcher decides what team wears.

He chose wrong. The O's wasted a great chance to showcase their sweet, new look -- especially if they lose.

6uXNWAo.png

Joe Saunders. Starting pitcher decides what team wears.

He chose wrong. The O's wasted a great chance to showcase their sweet, new look -- especially if they lose.

I would like to think that if the O's lose this game, the inferior O's hat will pass into oblivion. One can only hope.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived