Padres-Bring Back the Brown Campaign

ashbob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not pretty, even as a throwback to wear on limited basis.

Some teams in football & baseball had some really bad uniforms at their inception, Padres and Broncos are two of them and both used brown. SD took forever to get rid of 'em whereas Denver knew theirs were bad and went thru a total overhaul.

If those Padres fans wanna go back to the 'exact' look they once had, they're mad! Those yellow home and brown away uni's were so bad.

If they only want to go back to a color scheme that features brown as the main color then that's different.

It's really hard to get brown to work unless you don't overdose it and mix it with loud colors. Perhaps white uniforms with white caps w/ brown visor and brown lettering at home and gray in the same fashion on the road with solid brown caps and light gray SD logo. Brown goes well with white, lt gray, and black if add'l trim color is needed, but when you start to add your bright yellows and oranges to it then it just becomes a mess.

I dig the brown and yellow colors, but not so much the brown or yellow jerseys. I'd like something like their 1974-75 unis. Home whites and beige road.

nl_1975_sandiego.gif

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

I dig the brown and yellow colors, but not so much the brown or yellow jerseys. I'd like something like their 1974-75 unis. Home whites and beige road.

nl_1975_sandiego.gif

That's the winner right there. The new ownership has to do something to get the bland corporate looking era of the 2000's out of Petco park and bring in some passion for this team. I guarantee changing back to those uni's or a modernized version w/ that color scheme will bring back fan passion for the Padres. It just makes too much sense.

If the Padres keep running a shoestring operation that chokes in September and trades its stars, all the brown hats in the world aren't going to make people stop being annoyed with them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Padres Fans Want to Bring Back the Brown Source: Bring Back the Brown? | NBC San Diego

San Diego based design company Product Etcetera is trying to help the Padres realize their team identity in San Diego is too bland & needs to go back to it's roots.

Bring Back the Brown SD Petition

Bring-Back-the-Brown.jpg

Dear God save us from stupid people who like brown and piss... Easily the ugliest uniform the Pads have ever worn and possible the ugliest of all time. Uniqueness at the expense of taste is not an option. Hell even this group admits the uniform most often associated with the brown (the late 70's - early 80's version) were absolutely ugly. The ONLY acceptable brown uniform the Padres ever wore IMO was maybe the 1969 version. After that is was all downhill, first into pure hideousness with the afore mentioned uniforms, and then into the late 80s brown and orange which too often looked like the hated Giants uniforms of the same era.

If they NEED to bring back an old Pads uniform (which I don't think they do since their current uniforms are eminently classy), bring back the uniforms of the late 90's.

I don't know - the original Padres unis in brown and gold weren't bad; these were worn in the '69 regular season, '70, and '71 (although if you believe Dressed to the Nines/Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century they wore a yellow cap on the road in 1971; I don't remember, I was only 9 in '71):

nl_1970_sandiego.gif

Actually the current set would work if you swapped in brown with gold trem for the blue logos.

Being 'unique' doesn't automatically = a good look.

For example, Libya's national flag:

eg_ly_023380.jpg

Is it different? Certainly

Does it look good? ..... well, if you're into plain green rectangles, yes. Yes it is.

Actually, I kind of like Libya's flag. At least it's not tacky or trying too hard. There are a lot of countries out there; I'm surprised that there's only one that is a single solid color. And I think it's kind of neat that there is at least one.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Being 'unique' doesn't automatically = a good look.

For example, Libya's national flag:

eg_ly_023380.jpg

Is it different? Certainly

Does it look good? ..... well, if you're into plain green rectangles, yes. Yes it is.

And the 60th running of the Daytona 500 is underway!

Nobody is saying that uniqueness automatically makes something good. Geez, why do people always make leaps like that in these discussions? People are saying that it looks good, and on top of that is unique. Plus the brown is at least related to the name of the team.

personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Padres switch back to brown. Then again, they could go to burgundy and I wouldn't care all that much. Just as long as they emphasize the swinging friar in the primary or on the homes and aways.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived