2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

You know how much money that the rest of the conference just lost out on? I can imagine that there's more than a few schools who are screaming "DAMN YOU, FEDORA!!!!" after this. :lol:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Oklahoma State will get enough pollsters' votes to get in, assuming they beat Oklahoma.

If LSU loses and OSU wins, I think OSU will snag some first-place votes from the Tigers and even more second-place votes since Alabama and Stanford aren't playing this weekend. (They're out-of-sight, out-of-mind to the voters now.) I don't think the voters will move Virginia Tech any higher than 4th.

If LSU loses today, they still should play in the title game.

And they probably will, but I still think in that scenario that "conference loser vs. team that didn't even make their conference title game" would be an absolute joke.

If they lose this game, do you think LSU isn't the best team (or second best) in the country?

If LSU loses today, they still should play in the title game.

And they probably will, but I still think in that scenario that "conference loser vs. team that didn't even make their conference title game" would be an absolute joke.

If they lose this game, do you think LSU isn't the best team (or second best) in the country?

Maybe they still are, maybe they aren't. Unfortunately, we don't have a playoff to set the record straight. In the BCS, the usual rhetoric is "every game counts" and "the regular season is a playoff". So, by their own criteria, Bama and LSU shouldn't get mulligans just because they're in the ESS EEE SEE PAWWWWLLL.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Well thats a retarded arguement, because every team in the country has a loss

Which is why the BCS system is so dumb. At least in a playoff, all the one-loss teams would have a shot at the title. In the BCS, there's now a big argument over which one-loss team is "better", based on almost no head-to-head results.

xLmjWVv.png

Well thats a retarded arguement, because every team in the country has a loss

You know, people might take you seriously if you didn't use terms like "retarded" to describe a post.

/At least Oklahoma State and Virginia Tech would have been the best team in their conference...

6fQjS3M.png

Well the BCS is what we have this year, so if LSU loses who do you believe should square off in the NCG? And if LSU wins who do you believe should face them?

If LSU wins, it should be LSU vs. Okie Lite (provided they win Bedlam). If LSU loses, we're now stuck with a crapton of one-loss teams and you could make a case for quite a few matchups.

xLmjWVv.png

I'd like to hear your case for matchups not involving LSU are, because at this point, regardless of today's result, no team should be in the NCG ahead of the Tigers

If LSU loses in regulation, I'd like to see OK State vs Alabama. If they lose in OT...LSU vs. OK State.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived