2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thats a retarded arguement, because every team in the country has a loss

You know, people might take you seriously if you didn't use

terms like "retarded" to describe a post.

They also might take you seriously if you weren't LetsGoOakland9 under a different name.

Shouldn't he be banned if that's the case?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Looks like K-State might be in a BCS game afterall.

They need Oklahoma to lose to have a prayer.

Anyway Hattiesburg just got a gift basket from Ann Arbor for sure and possibly Fort Worth.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd like to hear your case for matchups not involving LSU are, because at this point, regardless of today's result, no team should be in the NCG ahead of the Tigers

If LSU loses in regulation, I'd like to see OK State vs Alabama. If they lose in OT...LSU vs. OK State.

So you would want an Alabama team that lost at home to LSU to get in instead of them with both teams having one loss? That wouldn't make sense at all.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'd like to hear your case for matchups not involving LSU are, because at this point, regardless of today's result, no team should be in the NCG ahead of the Tigers

Tell that to a team who actually won their conference if LSU loses.

honest question:

Do you think there should be a rule that states national championship participants must be from different conferences?

If LSU loses in regulation, I'd like to see OK State vs Alabama. If they lose in OT...LSU vs. OK State.

So you would want an Alabama team that lost at home to LSU to get in instead of them with both teams having one loss? That wouldn't make sense at all.

I'd want to see the two 1-loss teams that lost in OT to go ahead of a team whose 1-loss was in regulation.

1zqy8ok.gif

You know how much money that the rest of the conference just lost out on? I can imagine that there's more than a few schools who are screaming "DAMN YOU, FEDORA!!!!" after this. :lol:

I'm just curious how the officiating was-I'd have ordered the refs to ticky-tack Southern Miss to death if I was Conference USA.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd want to see the two 1-loss teams that lost in OT to go ahead of a team whose 1-loss was in regulation.

Shouldn't it depend on who that loss was to? Isn't an OT loss to a four touchdown underdog a little worse than a regulation loss to somebody like Georgia? Also, short of LSU getting boatraced here, I don't think you can justify putting Alabama in the title game over/without LSU going.

IUe6Hvh.png

Shouldn't it depend on who that loss was to? Isn't an OT loss to a four touchdown underdog a little worse than a regulation loss to somebody like Georgia?

Iowa State is kind of a tough out, and please God don't use the spread to make your argument. Or are you missing the part where Iowa State is currently giving Kansas State fits in Farmageddon?

Today, we are all otaku.

Shouldn't it depend on who that loss was to? Isn't an OT loss to a four touchdown underdog a little worse than a regulation loss to somebody like Georgia?

You can argue that. But I also think that the tragedy that OK State was going through at the time had an effect on the team. So I'd still put a 1-loss OK State in the National Championship over any 1-loss team who lost in regulation.

1zqy8ok.gif

What gets me are the people who think both teams in the NCG must be conference champions or something...yet they also hate the idea of a rematch of teams for the NCG. Simultaneously, these people still want the best 2 teams in the nation playing in the NCG.

You leave no room for a situation where the 2 best teams in the nation belong to the same conference.

Iowa State is kind of a tough out, and please God don't use the spread to make your argument. Or are you missing the part where Iowa State is currently giving Kansas State fits in Farmageddon?

My point wasn't what the spread was, but that Iowa State isn't a good football team, the spread being a result of that. I really don't think Kansas State is a particularly great football team, so I'm not overly impressed. I know Texas isn't all that good of a team and they beat Iowa State very handily -- same goes for Missouri. Did you miss the part where Northern Iowa, Connecticut, and Kansas all gave Iowa State fits?

IUe6Hvh.png

The Big XII this season is what the SEC purports to be, a tough gauntlet with a lot of parity. Iowa State is going to a bowl game, which means they are actually somewhat competent. I honestly wonder at the moment what would have happened this year if there had been more meetings between the SEC East and West good teams than South Carolina-Arkansas.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived