2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

The Heisman is all about hype, and Luck has more of it than all the other candidates combined. Thomas on the other hand, has none

Let's all not forgot that Andrew Luck got picked off TWICE by Cliff Harris last year.

Or that Oregon got smacked around by LSU.

The LSU/ORE game has nothing to do with the Heisman race...tad bit of a cheap shot ;)

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stanford LB Shayne Skov out for 2011 season. This should make Ducks fans happy.

No it does not. He's a great player and, while it gives us a better chance to win, I would rather us lose then him possibly lose his career. Really sad.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The Heisman is all about hype, and Luck has more of it than all the other candidates combined. Thomas on the other hand, has none

Let's all not forgot that Andrew Luck got picked off TWICE by Cliff Harris last year.

How does that at all relate to this year's Heisman race?

He's how I see it:

Oregon: 27, LSU: 19, Kenjon Barner and DeAnthony Thomas: -21

hahaha wow

How does that at all relate to this year's Heisman race?

He's how I see it:

Oregon: 27, LSU: 19, Kenjon Barner and DeAnthony Thomas: -21

hahaha wow

It's true. We hurt ourselves. Our offense was actually quite effective. The problem is that they didn't have a chance to operate because we kept on giving them possessions inside their own 40. Not only that, but we kept penalizing ourselves.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

LSU beat Oregon because they're a better team.

I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that they weren't two touchdowns better than us, and had Oregon not kept on turing the ball over, it would have been closer, or we could have won.

And you did deny it by saying Oregon won as a team, but two individual players lost the game

It was more of a joke than anything. And honestly, they probably did. Now who knows. Maybe Oregon doesn't fumble, and they still don't score. We won't ever know that. I agree for that night, LSU was two touchdowns better than Oregon. But this wasn't like Ohio State and Auburn, who just flat out beat us. Oregon kept shooting themselves in the foot. This may seem kind of confusing, but while I think LSU is better than Oregon (their offense wasn't exactly great that night either. They probably could have played better), that game was more of an Oregon Loss than an LSU Win.

Or that Oregon got smacked around by LSU.

The LSU/ORE game has nothing to do with the Heisman race...tad bit of a cheap shot ;)

Nowadays the Heisman goes to the most prominent offensive player on a national title contender. Oregon's hopes for the latter were pretty much dashed in Week 1.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Don't forget the leading rusher in America after 3 games, Marcus Lattimore. I know he is only a sophomore and trust me, I know I can't even count my 'Cocks before they hatch in any season- but I think he has a good shot of jumping some of the other guys if we make it to the SECCG.

He very well could break Herschel Walkers rushing record.

And you did deny it by saying Oregon won as a team, but two individual players lost the game

It was more of a joke than anything. And honestly, they probably did. Now who knows. Maybe Oregon doesn't fumble, and they still don't score. We won't ever know that. I agree for that night, LSU was two touchdowns better than Oregon. But this wasn't like Ohio State and Auburn, who just flat out beat us. Oregon kept shooting themselves in the foot. This may seem kind of confusing, but while I think LSU is better than Oregon (their offense wasn't exactly great that night either. They probably could have played better), that game was more of an Oregon Loss than an LSU Win.

hahaha you edited youre other post that said LSU wasn't two TDs better

hahaha you edited youre other post that said LSU wasn't two TDs better

huh?

If we're talking Heisman, I'd keep an eye on Russell Wilson out in Wisconsin, fellas. Luck's still my front runner (followed probably by Lattimore), but if Wisconsin makes a title run or at the very least makes the Rose Bowl, Wilson may get some hype. He's played very well so far.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If we're talking Heisman, I'd keep an eye on Russell Wilson out in Wisconsin, fellas. Luck's still my front runner (followed probably by Lattimore), but if Wisconsin makes a title run or at the very least makes the Rose Bowl, Wilson may get some hype. He's played very well so far.

This X 1000. I said at the beginning of the year that WIsconsin could win the National Title. It looks like that prediction might come true.

Don't forget the leading rusher in America after 3 games, Marcus Lattimore. I know he is only a sophomore and trust me, I know I can't even count my 'Cocks before they hatch in any season- but I think he has a good shot of jumping some of the other guys if we make it to the SECCG.

The problem with Lattimore is that there's too many really good quarterbacks in the running. Andrew Luck... Kellen Moore... Russell Wilson... even Landry Jones might have a strong case. Let's be honest, a quarterback will almost always win the Heisman over everyone else.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The problem with Lattimore is that there's too many really good quarterbacks in the running. Andrew Luck... Kellen Moore... Russell Wilson... even Landry Jones might have a strong case. Let's be honest, a quarterback will almost always win the Heisman over everyone else.

Luck will get another invite, but his stats are not overwhelming. Moore does not play a game east of the Mississippi the rest of they year and will be only seen on Versus and CBS College. Russell Wilson could be a factor since Wisconsin should keep on winning and beat Nebraska since Husker has a horrible defense. Landry is Landry; Weeden is Weeden. Geno Smith has his test this weekend with LSU. BJ Daniels, T.Y. "Goodbye" Hilton and others could sneak up like a Steve McNair or a Gordie Lockbaum (Older guys, 'memba his Heisman finish?)

Honestly, I am not sure if there are two better players than Floyd (ND) and Blackmon (OkState), but Lattimore might be impacted by too many carries over the course of the season. plus, they could not vote for Lattimore to same their vote for the man-child Clowney next year.

Archived