Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a jersey nor necessarily logo related but Kelowna has this image for their alumni weekend coming up:

bb289dcf.jpg

I can't remember an instance where Kelowna has referenced Tacoma in print. They may do this every year with the alumni weekend but I've certainly not been aware of it. Ask most people and they wouldn't know the Rockets came from Tacoma as Kelowna does such a great job of hiding it. (That's not to say that they are alone in that. Most teams don't reference their history of moves but, in this case, the team kept the nickname so there is a more obvious lineage.)

Quebecor will be the majority owner (70%) of the new franchise in Boisbriand. Joel Bouchard's group will own 30%. Bouchard's group also includes Daniel Brière, Jean-Sébastien Giguère and Ian Laperrière.

Source (Cyberpresse) - In French

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

A few updates tot eh site, including a slew of Regina Pats alternate, and the heavily sublimated Lethbridge grey uniform.

Boisbriand is supposedly having a presser next week sometime where they might announce the new team name. I have to sort out the webpage, I added the team tot eh site much like Victoria before the name announcement, but it has yet to show up on the site. Perhaps an error with the coding or something.

Missed this one...

http://www.journalmetro.com/blogue/post/892326

It says the owner of the upcoming Sherbrooke franchise wants to stay away from the Castors or Faucons names, and try for something new. It says the public might be consulted for their input on the new name. It says the public in Sherbrooke still likes the Castors identity...

The piece even references Chris's site (in regards to the unveiling of the Victoria Royals)!

Dans le sondage qu'elle mène sur son nouveau site Internet, l'équipe offrait ce nom dans les choix de réponse, ce qui vient renforcer la découverte de Chris Creamer du site web SportsLogo.net.

Just so you all know, the Lewiston Maineiacs would have had brand new jerseys for the upcoming season. They made them and nearly everyone in town here has seen them. Someone even had them posted on facebook for a short while. Take it for what it's worth. I can't show you them, as I promised that I wouldn't leak anything.

Just so you all know, the Lewiston Maineiacs would have had brand new jerseys for the upcoming season. They made them and nearly everyone in town here has seen them. Someone even had them posted on facebook for a short while. Take it for what it's worth. I can't show you them, as I promised that I wouldn't leak anything.

We've already seen them and the pics were posted in this topic a while ago. The jerseys are already under the Lewiston page area under unused jerseys.

Lewiston MAINEiacs

Missed this one...

http://www.journalmetro.com/blogue/post/892326

It says the owner of the upcoming Sherbrooke franchise wants to stay away from the Castors of Faucons names, and try for something new. It says the public might be consulted for their input on the new name. It says the public in Sherbrooke still likes the Castors identity...

The piece even references Chris's site (in regards to the unveiling of the Victoria Royals)!

Dans le sondage qu'elle mène sur son nouveau site Internet, l'équipe offrait ce nom dans les choix de réponse, ce qui vient renforcer la découverte de Chris Creamer du site web SportsLogo.net.

That's disappointing. I was looking forward to the return of the Castor.

We've already seen them and the pics were posted in this topic a while ago. The jerseys are already under the Lewiston page area under unused jerseys.

Lewiston MAINEiacs

Oh, my bad. I hadn't checked this thread in a while and hadn't heard anything about them leaking past locals. Sorry for the useless post, haha.

Owen Sound changing jerseys and logo.

http://attackhockey.com/article/attack-to-launch-new-logo-and-jersey-design

The 2011 Ontario Hockey League Champions will have a new look next fall when they step onto the ice to defend their OHL Crown. The Attack is announcing that as of this fall, they will be launching a new logo to go along with a completely revamped home and away jersey set.

?Having used our current logo and jersey scheme for the past eleven seasons, the entire organization felt it was time for a change.?, stated Attack Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Brent Fisher. ?The Owen Sound Mercury?s promotion taught us that many people are in the market for a cleaner, more traditional look and we believe that this change definitely addresses that.?.

http://attackhockey.com/article/attack-to-launch-new-logo-and-jersey-design

The 2011 Ontario Hockey League Champions will have a new look next fall when they step onto the ice to defend their OHL Crown. The Attack is announcing that as of this fall, they will be launching a new logo to go along with a completely revamped home and away jersey set.

?Having used our current logo and jersey scheme for the past eleven seasons, the entire organization felt it was time for a change.?, stated Attack Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Brent Fisher. ?The Owen Sound Mercury?s promotion taught us that many people are in the market for a cleaner, more traditional look and we believe that this change definitely addresses that.?.

Blogged the new logo 2 weeks ago... (scroll down...)

http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2011/06/22/the-latest-trademark-discoveries/

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

http://attackhockey....d-jersey-design

"Having used our current logo and jersey scheme for the past eleven seasons, the entire organization felt it was time for a change.", stated Attack Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Brent Fisher. "The Owen Sound Mercury's promotion taught us that many people are in the market for a cleaner, more traditional look and we believe that this change definitely addresses that.".

Blogged the new logo 2 weeks ago... (scroll down...)

http://www.sportslog...rk-discoveries/

Well then, why didn't you add it to the discussion here? Hmm? I can't follow your website, this forum AND your blog. :P

Archived