Calgary Stampeders go BFBS on the road in 2011

Mac the Knife

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn you, Mac. I was just about to post this. Here's a photo from the Stamps' Twitter account ...

3ncrz.jpg

Blech. It's not an egregious case of BFBS, because they've always had black trim and worn a black alternate uniform for years, but this has taken it too far.

Any word on the CFL retros this year?

These will be worn for road games, as per the Stamps twitter.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

A quick search revealed their colors are black and red

Not sure how this is BFBS

Seriously, do you do a "BFBS" search everytime you log in?

The helmet, I think, looks really high school. :/

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

k, I gotta ask....what does BFBS stand for?

black for black's sake.

I'm not a fan of black helmets that use white facemasks. Don't ask me why, but I just don't like it. Navy blue-white facemask = OK, but not black with a white facemask. The helmet would've looked better with a black facemask.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have to agree with you. In my mind, BFBS would be if the Argonauts (dark blue, carolina-ish blue, and white) or Eskimos (green and gold), for example introduced a black helmet.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS andΒ Go Sox

Because the Stamps have never worn a black helmet in their history, that's why. I don't care if black is a team color, what the Stamps are doing is textbook BFBS.

Β 

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Ugh, I don't like this at all. I mostly agree that while it's not a bad helmet, it doesn't work for the Stampeders. And while calling it BFBS isn't exactly accurate here, as Calgary's colors are Red and Black, they're historically and known by the casual football fan as the CFL's "Red Team." It looks like the CFL isn't immune to stupid uniform decisions either...

Live in the city and watch the news and this completely went under my nose. (albeit I'm a Bomber fan)

They should have included a red outline around the horse.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Because the Stamps have never worn a black helmet in their history, that's why. I don't care if black is a team color, what the Stamps are doing is textbook BFBS.

Well they gotta start somewhere

Β 

Β 

Live in the city and watch the news and this completely went under my nose. (albeit I'm a Bomber fan)

They should have included a red outline around the horse.

Wouldn't have helped it a single bit... hate this move and im not even a CFL fan

Archived