Calgary Stampeders go BFBS on the road in 2011

Mac the Knife

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick search revealed their colors are black and red

Not sure how this is BFBS

No one said it was a case of BFBS until you came along and implied it. Seriously give it a rest...

It's in the title of the thread.

Nice catch :P I apologize BigDmo, I agree this isn't BFBS.

BFBS whining is about as overplayed as the ridiculous obsession with "logo creep" and the complaining over Oregon's uniforms. Give it a rest. I'm not a big fan of BFBS myself, but instead of giving it a blanket "it all sucks" judgement, I judge case-by-case, and I'm willing to admit that some BFBS uniforms look good.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Oh, I hope this doesn't start a trend.

No kidding... when we had Shivers as a GM more and more black started creeping into the Riders set.. started off with facemasks, then pants then jerseys...

Just thinking about the way its gonna look I dont like the black helmet... so its going to be black helmet, red shoulder yoke that goes down to the chest (which i call the clown collar) white jersey, and red pants... already not a fan and i havent seen it in action yet

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Looks like I will be watching the CFL this fall. :sleeping:

Why the sleeping emoticon? The Canadian game is more exciting... more passing, more athleticism, less time wasted between plays.

It was just a joke. I wouldnt mind watching the CFL actually, but the NFL is more exciting and easier to find on T.V.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

The Stamps really have no right to be messing around with multiple helmets when they still have a gigantic flaw with the cut of their jerseys.

Sleeves that are supposed to look like this:

Burris_091017-0643.jpg

End up looking like this on fat linemen:

090621-labinjo.jpg

They have been wearing those jerseys for years now and they still haven't fixed it. Pretty pathetic.

Seeing these jerseys, a black helmet is not the worst thing to happen to them

Except the black helmet won't be worn with the red jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The white jersey has black numbers, and they wear it with black pants, right? So this new helmet should fit in with the road uniform. It won't make everything from the neck down look like any less of an atrocity, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Seeing these jerseys, a black helmet is not the worst thing to happen to them

Except the black helmet won't be worn with the red jersey.

I meant these jerseys are horrible compared to what they had prior. This is what Reebok did to the league that the NFL will not let Nike do. Thanks goodness

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The helmet is fine, but it's success will largely depend on what uniform they wear with it. So far, I agree that it doesn't really fit with Calgary.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Calgary always have had a red and WHITE colour scheme up until the last decade, so whoever said, they always have had black should check your facts

personally think these are going to look wierd, but i wont judge them until i see them in action, June 24th should be the debut in their 2nd pre-season game

What I don't get is why are they allowed 2 different types of helmets?

I thought it was across all of football (well, maybe not with the UFL, I'm not sure about the UFL) the rule was that unless you have a throwback/heritage look you only get 1 helmet design.

I think this looks fine, though a red outline (as mentioned a couple times here) would have made this 2 times better. Don't love it, don't hate it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

A quick search revealed their colors are black and red

Not sure how this is BFBS

I thought the same thing. I never watch nor care about the CFL. But from doing an image search I've seen them with black numbers, facemasks, stripe pants, black jerseys, and their freaking logo is outlined in black. Now I know this is not a reliable source but even wikipedia has black listed as a team color, as well as colorwerx's site:

CalgaryStampeders_FRC_1958_SOL_SRGB.png

So I guess a team has to wear black for more than 60 years for it to be considered BFBS...

Archived