Calgary Stampeders go BFBS on the road in 2011

Mac the Knife

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't get is why are they allowed 2 different types of helmets?

I thought it was across all of football (well, maybe not with the UFL, I'm not sure about the UFL) the rule was that unless you have a throwback/heritage look you only get 1 helmet design.

I think this looks fine, though a red outline (as mentioned a couple times here) would have made this 2 times better. Don't love it, don't hate it.

The one-helmet rule is an NFL-only thing, AFAIK.

Β 

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Seeing these jerseys, a black helmet is not the worst thing to happen to them

Except the black helmet won't be worn with the red jersey.

I meant these jerseys are horrible compared to what they had prior. This is what Reebok did to the league that the NFL will not let Nike do. Thanks goodness

Gotcha - I read ya wrong. Sorry.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

A quick search revealed their colors are black and red

Not sure how this is BFBS

I thought the same thing. I never watch nor care about the CFL. But from doing an image search I've seen them with black numbers, facemasks, stripe pants, black jerseys, and their freaking logo is outlined in black. Now I know this is not a reliable source but even wikipedia has black listed as a team color, as well as colorwerx's site:

CalgaryStampeders_FRC_1958_SOL_SRGB.png

So I guess a team has to wear black for more than 60 years for it to be considered BFBS...

Well, according to some CCSLC members (notice I put SOME ice_cap) BFBS is when a team adds black to sell merchandise.

In this case I fail to see how them adding a black helmet would sell more merch (unless a ton of people go out and buy replica helmets which is doubtful), so this really isn't BFBS.

Β 

Β 

Because Calgary is the red team in the CFL. It's like if the Lions unveiled a black helmet.

EDIT: Apparently you meant the BC Lions

Not exactly. If previous posts are correct, Calgary wears black pants and has black numbers on their road uniforms, this black helmet will balance the away set out and not make the red helmet out of place.

The Lions use blue numbers on their road uniforms and a silver helmet

Β 

Β 

I am a huge Calgary Stampeders fan (love both the CFL and NFL, the only thing I hate about the CFL are 'Rider fans) and while I am not in favour of the black helmet on the road, no one has yet mentioned that the black helmet will have reflective red "sparkles" (not sure how else to describe it, but it will be like the Jacksonville Jag's helmets) so I am interested how they will look in a daylight game.

On a side note, the last time the Stamps messed around with their helmets, they put the secondary horsehead/horseshoe logo on the helmet, and got pummeled something like 38-0 by the Eskimoes. They never wore it again.

I thought it was across all of football (well, maybe not with the UFL, I'm not sure about the UFL) the rule was that unless you have a throwback/heritage look you only get 1 helmet design.

I think this looks fine, though a red outline (as mentioned a couple times here) would have made this 2 times better. Don't love it, don't hate it.

Oh, my bad.

Sorry, what does AFAIK stand for?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Oh, my bad.

As Far As I Know.

Out of all the teams in the CFL, the Stamps need to do more than just come out with a new road helmet. They need an entire new uniform set and reducing black to just trim. The helmet itself isn't bad, though.

Oh, my bad.

As Far As I Know.

OFFS, IMNSFHO, you need to STFU.

/internet humor

Welcome to DrunjFlix

To me the Stamps are the Red & White--so a black helmet just seems wrong--maybe it's because the players like the black pants so much?

With a bit of red on it & with their black alts it might be okay--but overall, I don't like it--and I am a Stampeder fan.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't they have a white helmet on the road instead of black

Because the silhouette of the horse is always white, even on a white background. There were coaches on the sidelines tonight wearing predominantly white shirts, but the logo was still white. That would look terrible on a helmet.

There was one close-up shot of the Stamps' kicker on TSN tonight where you could see the metallic red flakes in the paint, but it just looked black the rest of the night. Not a great look, IMO.

CgyBCI_110708.jpg

5917712072_dff2920555.jpg

Puking_Smiley.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

Archived