best color combos in sports

16kid

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the professional Oakland teams (A's, Raiders, Warriors) got on look very nice in my opinion

And red, white and blue always look good, but it's too frequent in sports now

Bias yes? thats funny you're saying that green and gold, silver and black, and yellow and blue are all your favorite color schemes. This is serious, beyond your favorite team, come on man.

My personal favorite that is very underused is yellow and brown

Nothing can beat red, white, and navy blue. There's a reason they're so frequently put together, whether it be on national flags, sports teams, or elsewhere - the three colors look absolutely gorgeous together (does help that their popularity for national flags really increased due to the Union Jack, which took Scotland's blue flag and mixed it with England's red and white flag, but I don't think that color scheme would be so prominent today across the world if it didn't look so great).

Outside of that, I love black and gold, especially a more metallic gold. Coincidentally, that was the color scheme of my high school, and I never got tired of seeing it once in those 4 years. Just a tremendous combination.

Navy blue and a metallic gold (think Pitt Panthers) is also a combo I love, largely for the same reasons as black and gold.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Whatever the professional Oakland teams (A's, Raiders, Warriors) got on look very nice in my opinion

And red, white and blue always look good, but it's too frequent in sports now

Bias yes? thats funny you're saying that green and gold, silver and black, and yellow and blue are all your favorite color schemes. This is serious, beyond your favorite team, come on man.

My personal favorite that is very underused is yellow and brown

I hate the Raiders. I am a 49ers fan. But I mention the A's because I honestly believe they look good. The Raiders, even though I hate them, is a unique combination of only two colors that comes with a tough guy image.

I mention the Warriors also because since they reverted back to their current color scheme, it brings back a solid representation of the state of California.

It's just coincidence that Oakland features some good colors. And I was serious with my response.

If you want me to venture out of that, I also like the Jags' color scheme of teal, black and gold. And whatever the Cavs' colors were when Shawn Kemp was on the team was something I thought was very underrated.

There, happy?

Go A's!

Blue, white and green (canucks). Blue and gold (vintage sabres, none of this navy/gold crap), I also though the old blue, black, bronze, and white capitals looked good.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

? Black/Silver

? Navy blue/Red

? Red/White

? Maroon/Gray

? Royal blue/Green

? Royal blue/Yellow

? Powder blue/Yellow

? Carolina blue/White

? Columbia Blue/Red

Anybody disagree with any of these?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

? Black/Silver

? Navy blue/Red

? Red/White

? Maroon/Gray

? Royal blue/Green

? Royal blue/Yellow

? Powder blue/Yellow

? Carolina blue/White

? Columbia Blue/Red

Anybody disagree with any of these?

Yes. Powder blue isn't something I'm a big fan of. I like it for UNC, although I see you put that as a different color, but I hate that light blue being so widely used now.

I like black and orange, green and orange, blue and orange, red and white, by itself or with royal/navy blue, and gold and dark green.

I wish they'd do more red, white, and green like the Devils retro colors. Those don't used much. I also think red and orange would be cool, even if they are very close.

2ly2w09.jpg

I've always thought a USC style maroon and gold deserved more use. Same with a Canucks blue-green. You really dont see too much of that in the pros

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I think red and gold is the most striking colour combo there is. Maybe black in there as well. Think Calgary Flames.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I sometimes feel that the sport or the team makes the colors work. For instance, I like green/orange when used by Miami Hurricanes, but a similar set from FAMU looks silly to me. I like the A's Green/Gold, but I think it looks dated with Green Bay. That's just my opinion. If I were to pick...

Royal Blue/Black

Yellow/Black

Green/Orange

Silver/Black

Red/Black

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived