Dallas Snipers

mfoster

i always thought dallas assassins had a pretty nice ring to it... but knew it would never happen, for the same reason i assumed dallas snipers wouldn't happen either.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okc bombers?

waco devils?

ny... jets?

Oh god, another post suggesting the Jets nickname is offensive in NYC after 9/11? Or at the very least any imagery to a plane (considering I know the nickname's not really much of a problem)

I'm sure your posting this in jest, but if I had a penny for each time a non-New Yorker played the "wouldn't the Jets using a Jet be inappropriate?" card in the concepts board, I'd be rich

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

This isn't abou taking anything out of context -the name required you take it out of historical context to be anything less than questionable. You can't put "Snipers" with "Dallas" and not at least raise eyebrows.

Honestly I thought they were making a really horrible (and poorly located) reference to the "Clock Tower Incident" down at UT-A. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know MFoster brought this up in his first post but why is a team located in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford/NOrth Richland Hills area called Dallas? The name snipers i can live with though.

Probably for the same reason that the Angels can called Los Angeles.

No, this is not an invitiation to re-ignite that whole LA-v-Anaheim discussion again...

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Someone mentioned Hurricanes, other natural events like Fire or Avalanche, etc. could be added to that.

In our hockey fantasy league someones minor league team is the OKC Bombers. (Yes minor leagues, we're geeks ok?)

Not impressed, my fantasy hockey team is the "Dany Heatley Express".

I know MFoster brought this up in his first post but why is a team located in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford/North Richland Hills area called Dallas? The name snipers I can live with though.

Because they are idiots.

Dallas Cowboys in Arlington? Yeah, I can tolerate that. The team started in Dallas, and despite being in Irving & Arlington I think most can agree that it's not a big deal due to the infrastructure required combined with the expanded appeal of a major league franchise beyond the specific municipality in which it is located. Of course, those of us west of the DFW Airport still chuckle at the thought that Dallas lost the team and that they play in Tarrant County.

But a Junior B team? Yeah that doesn't makes a lot of sense. Hell the WSHL has TWO Dallas-named franchises, neither of which are even located in Dallas County (the Dallas IceJets play in Grapevine). I'll cut the IceJets a little slack because they're the latest part of a youth program that has been all over DFW over the years, and at the national midget level is commonly referred to as a Dallas team.

These teams don't draw squat anyway (a few dozen friends and family), so you should at least try to name it something that might engage the local community a little bit.

Didn't that Kennedy girl host "Friend or Foe"? Ah, early-2000's game shows are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Didn't Ana Gasteyer used to spoof her all the time on SNL?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nothing is more tired than older people saying "young people don't know anything about [insert something well-known from 30+ years ago here]!"

I'm 99% certain that almost every American over the age of, say, 7, at least knows who JFK is.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

http://www.dallassnipers.com/

Tier 3 Jr. A (what we used to call Junior B)

websitelogo_420x2962.png

Oh, and they don't play in Dallas. They play in Euless, Tarrant County, west of DFW airport. In fact, the rink used to host the Fort Worth Texans of the same league. Fort Worth is at least adjacent to the rink, Dallas is an hour away if the traffic is snarled.

Does this mean I can can drive 200 miles north and start a team called the Bombers?

JFK died a LONG time ago... most people on this board probably know more about the MTV VJ Kennedy than the ex-president!

I'm 22 and have no idea who VJ Kennedy is. Jersey Shore is a bit of guilty pleasure of mine though.

Yeah I'm almost 22 also and I have no idea who any of the VJs were. I think the MTV VJ demographic is mostly in their 30s by now. I've noticed the younger active members on this board are in their 20s like myself. Way to show your age, Buffalo ;)

Also, Jersey Shore sucks d?i?c?k.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I just hope the Snipers can make the playoffs this year. The Lincoln Assassins, and LA Riots will be hard competition in the Western Conference.

I dunno, I feel like the New Orleans Looters have a good shot, and wait - didn't the Riot franchise get relocated to Vancouver recently?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I just hope the Snipers can make the playoffs this year. The Lincoln Assassins, and LA Riots will be hard competition in the Western Conference.

I dunno, I feel like the New Orleans Looters have a good shot, and wait - didn't the Riot franchise get relocated to Vancouver recently?

Nah, the ownership group came through. But Vancouver got an expansion team called the Downhill Skeleton.

Archived